PDA

View Full Version : Ported Box for 13W7 *HELP*

SteveSkal
11-29-2007, 01:55 AM
I am so torn here. I am putting a 13W7 in my 02 Escalade with a 1000/1 amp. I want to go with a ported box and was going to buy one of the Pre-Fab boxes on Ebay which are built to JL Specs (has woofer and port on the same side of the box). I found someone selling a box but has the woofer firing straight up and the port firing back. I've been asking around and nobody can give a concrete answer as to if this is better, or worse, or the same as having the woofer and port both firing back. Any thoughts from the experts??

BJ The Man
11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
i like sub and port back better in SUV's but some say its louder to have sub up port back.

JDBuilder
11-30-2007, 08:11 AM
PM Sent.

bjfish11
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Steve, did Chris ever get ahold of you?

truckstoy
11-30-2007, 05:15 PM
steve,
i really think if you heard it you would not have any more questions......
+ if you throw stuff in the back you do not have to worry about the sub getting damaged........

mike

SteveSkal
11-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes BJ, Chris had gotten back to me, Thanks.
Truckstoy, I'm sure the box sounds good, there were lots of different opinions on it but most said speaker and port on the same plain firing back would get the best results.
The point you brought up about not having to worry about bashing the speaker in when loading stuff in the back is certainly a valid one! I'll probably get the 3 bars to protect the speaker, you had those too I think.