PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade stock stereo in 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport

standard235
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to plan out a, erhm, road map I guess, of the system I want to build in my car. I was initially going to go with subs first, but since it is my dad's daily driver until May, I figured with his work tools in there, speakers themselves would be the way to go, and keep a good soundstage without having a set of subs drowning out the frontstage.

Anyways, I found out the front door speakers are currently 4x6's and the rear deck speakers are 6x9's. Now, I know you guys don't want to hear this, but I don't have $10k to drop into a system. Not even close.

Went to Best Buy (Yeah yeah, but I can get everything at cost+5% so around 50% of sale price) and listened to some 6x9's. Liked the Rockford Fosgate Punch coaxial speakers.

Basically what I am saying is, I have $220 at my disposal for Christmas, so theoretically around $400. What should I do? I am completely without direction, and for the moment, stock locations for speakers would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance, Zach.