PDA

View Full Version : 3 10's?



junocdx
04-02-2003, 12:31 AM
I have a 1990 GMC Sierra regular cab. I want to put 3 10in ED K's in, and need a small box. I want to be able to have my seat all the way back, but not against the subs. I've heard about facing them down, but dont think that will work. Also, can anyone give me a formula to figure out cubic feet accurately? Thanks

ricerdude
04-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by junocdx
I have a 1990 GMC Sierra regular cab. I want to put 3 10in ED K's in, and need a small box. I want to be able to have my seat all the way back, but not against the subs. I've heard about facing them down, but dont think that will work. Also, can anyone give me a formula to figure out cubic feet accurately? Thanks

why dont you just do 1 or 2...to wire 3 it is a waste of amp...but anyway just do like 1 or 2 in a big bad *** portred box...it would be just as loud or louder than 3...to find cu ft.it is lenght X width X height...and divide that by 1728...

D

RMKrider1
04-02-2003, 12:42 AM
I agree with ricerdude. I had a reg cab ford f150. I tried all kinds of differant setups first I had 3 10's (punch z's) in small sealed boxes. Then I tried just 2 tens (kenwoods)in a little bit bigger boxes and it sounded better then the 3. I also tried 6 eights (phoenix gold) (not recommended) and of course didn't have much on the low end. Then I got a single 10 (hcca) and made a ported box and it sounded better and hit a lot harder then anything else I tried

junocdx
04-02-2003, 12:43 AM
So I should just go with 2 ED K's instead of 3, in a bigger box? I can build sealed boxes but I dont know anything about porting. I'd need someone to help me out on that one :)

I like 2 ED K's better. Easier on the wallet.

RMKrider1
04-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Well I would say go with what your heart desires? If you wanna go with 2 of them ported we can help out with that. Just figure out the max. dimensions you have to work with and let us know

junocdx
04-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by RMKrider1
Well I would say go with what your heart desires? If you wanna go with 2 of them ported we can help out with that. Just figure out the max. dimensions you have to work with and let us know

I'll get the max dimensions by tomorrow. Can't do it now. I'll need a way to contact you to get them to you.

Can you give me a brief overview of porting?

ricerdude
04-02-2003, 12:49 AM
yeah you might have to go with 1...but i gaurantee you it will be loud...rmkriders 10 was louder than *** on a punch 200...

D

RMKrider1
04-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by junocdx
I'll get the max dimensions by tomorrow. Can't do it now. I'll need a way to contact you to get them to you.

Can you give me a brief overview of porting?

Just post them here! There is plenty of helpful and knowledgable people on here that would be more then happy to help another audio enthusiast out. Or If you wish you can e-mail me directly at rmkrider1@aol.com or catch me on aim.

overview of porting? I'm not exactly sure what your asking? Like types of ports? How to port,tuning freq.?

junocdx
04-02-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by ricerdude
yeah you might have to go with 1...but i gaurantee you it will be loud...rmkriders 10 was louder than *** on a punch 200...

D

I'm going with 2. Why would I have to go 1? If I can fit 2 12s, I'm positive I can fit 2 10s...

ricerdude
04-02-2003, 12:57 AM
were your 12s ported...and if they were what was it tuned to....

D

junocdx
04-02-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ricerdude
were your 12s ported...and if they were what was it tuned to....

D

They weren't/aren't. They are in a sealed box right now. I'm just sick of all my friends being able to over power me and make fun of me having 2 12s, and them running 10s. :-\

So I'm going psycho and going to get 2 10s that will blow all their sorry asses away :)

ricerdude
04-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by junocdx
They weren't/aren't. They are in a sealed box right now. I'm just sick of all my friends being able to over power me and make fun of me having 2 12s, and them running 10s. :-\

So I'm going psycho and going to get 2 10s that will blow all their sorry asses away :)

to do a ported box it takes more space...it will do you no good to put them im a box that they arent going to fukin pound...so if you are going to do 2 in a sealed box 1 in a bad *** ported box will probably smoke it...if you arent going to buy a new amp...10s arent necciserily louder than 12s...actually if the subs are both entry level then it done right the 12s should win...well it depends on power and car size...

D