PDA

View Full Version : Box build for 15" Q...Pics!

BZA
11-26-2007, 11:47 PM
i have a Q on the way so i had some free time this weekend to build my box. box is 4.1cuft @ 32Hz so im excited to hear this thing. unfortunately i dont have pics of the actual building cuz i didnt have my camera but i have pics of the somewhat finished product. Box will be wrapped in dark grey/charcoal suede. i dont think it went too bad for my first build! comments please.

http://i6.tinypic.com/82nv4m0.jpg

http://i15.tinypic.com/86t5grt.jpg

i also built this beauty board...meshes pretty well with my trunk. this will be wrapped in dark grey suede.

http://i9.tinypic.com/6z8659t.jpg

dan5505
11-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Ill be making one similar to that after christmas. im doin 3.5 cubes. some people recommended a double baffle for the 15" Q. looks good though.

BZA
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
if it fits....im just gunna screw the beauty board onto the box then screw the sub into that...so it would be somewhat like a double baffle.

sqhertz
11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
i didnt use a double baffle with my 15" q box. but i have mine sub up /port back. the sub also sits right next to the port so...

BZA
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
oh yeah? i really dont want to go through the hassle of making another baffle and cut the port and hole and **** but i might anyway just to be safe because i cant get the beauty board in the trunk if its screwed to the box.

audioarsonal
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
How many side are you wrapping in suede?Or is it just the beauty ring your covering?

profundus-sanus
11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
oh yeah? i really dont want to go through the hassle of making another baffle and cut the port and hole and **** but i might anyway just to be safe because i cant get the beauty board in the trunk if its screwed to the box.

good luck mounting that beast in the trunk..

I would make the beauty board to work like a flush mount.

If the beauty board is mounted fairly well to the box then there is definately no need for a double baffle on top of that...

audioarsonal
11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
why are you using such a thick piece of wood for the trim ring anyway?

sqhertz
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM
only reason i didnt is because i ran out of wood. but its mounted close to port walls so i really shouldnt have any flexing.
they are heavy so mounting them horizontal like that , id want a second baffle.

BZA
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
good luck mounting that beast in the trunk..

I would make the beauty board to work like a flush mount.

If the beauty board is mounted fairly well to the box then there is definately no need for a double baffle on top of that...

yeah i know... i was just trying to see if i can use the beauty board as a baffle but it wont fit like that. but im just gunna have to cut another piece of wood and fit it on the front baffle.

BZA
11-27-2007, 05:57 PM
How many side are you wrapping in suede?Or is it just the beauty ring your covering?

im gunna do the back of the box because you can see through the ski pass in my car, and im just gunna do the beauty board. it would be pointless to do the whole box because you cant see it.

BZA
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
double baffled it and flush fit the beauty board yesterday. will be sueding it today. sub isnt coming til wednesday so ill get pics when its installed.