PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Glass Enclosures

Impulse33
11-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Well i'm debating whether or not i should make one.

Does fiberglass sound bad, or will it be reasonable without any extra sound dampening crap?

That dynaspray and mat seems very expensive, can only find them in bulk. Do i have to use it? It seems it would double the price of this project.

bigbowtie
11-24-2007, 01:17 AM
you could really screw up with fiberglass but you could also make a nice/good box if you have the skill

BJ The Man
11-24-2007, 08:47 AM
they sound just as good. they are very strong. the best part is that they are lighter than mdf too.

the only reason i think that there arent more people using it is because its more expensive and requires some skills/expirience and possibly luck to get it right.

DeuceLee
11-24-2007, 11:04 AM
they sound just as good. they are very strong. the best part is that they are lighter than mdf too.

the only reason i think that there arent more people using it is because its more expensive and requires some skills/expirience and possibly luck to get it right.

no luck involved my friend, just skill/expirience...it's not really all that expensive if you do it yourself either...my two boxes are about $120 in parts...if you have a shop make it, they quoted me at $650, $750 and $800 from three places...thats with carpet too, not even painted...

i love my glass boxes for my rsd's...and since the rsd's are only 13lbs each, my set up weights like nothing compared to my wooden boxes...

Impulse33
11-24-2007, 11:48 AM
well my friend has experience with fiberglass, so i wouldn't being doing it alone. I'm thinkin this will be a project for next Spring, way too cold atm lol.

BJ The Man
11-24-2007, 06:26 PM
well my friend has experience with fiberglass, so i wouldn't being doing it alone. I'm thinkin this will be a project for next Spring, way too cold atm lol.

totally. I'm in Michigan too. I see your in D-Town. Were you at the high school football finals at Ford Field? I just got home from them today.