PDA

View Full Version : New Car, need Speaker Recommendation!

aleksander_t
11-23-2007, 04:38 AM
So I bought a 2004 saab 9-3, and the car is great and all, but the sound is rather lackluster. My old Car I had JL Cxi Coaxials (6x8) in the front, Took out the speakers in the back, and had an ID 10' Sub powered by a Orion 4004 Amp (2x 50w, 1x 200w)

I still have my amp, (Sold my car with the speakers, and Sub got stolen)

Now, I Was thinking of replacing the Car door speakers (6.5) getting cheap, but decent Components and Getting a Sub as well. I have 2 dash speakers (3.5) I may replace them down the line, but not sure I'd power them with an amp. (Or should I power the dash 3.5's and forget about the low to the ground door 6.5's)

My question, What’s the best overall Comps that I can get for around 100$ on eBay? I'd Like a nice Midrange and an easy to deal with tweeter (Also these speakers are placed low in the car)

I've been reading around and heard good things about
PHOENIX GOLD RSd 65cs
but I'm also looking at
ALPINE 6.5 6 1/2 Type S
Boston A. S60's
ORION C2.62

I heard that it's better to match or go just below what your amp is rated at when getting speakers (50w RMS). They need to be 4 ohm. Any thoughts or Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Gary S
11-23-2007, 11:50 AM
I would disconnect the 3.5" speakers... they tend to be inefficient, lack midbass, and are often positioned poorly in the dash... just go with the 6.5" comp set in the doors.

RSD's look like the best bet from your list, I would not recommend the others. Orion HCCA 6.2 is another good one.

CaptinFocker
11-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Just curious do you have the 7 speaker or 13 speaker setup. If you are looking for 3.5s go for boston fx3s. I also own a saab and they are really nice speakers. You don't need to power the front dash, also look into the infinity kappa 62.7i for doors. Don't bother with the rear speakers if you have them, just amp the doors and a sub and you'll be fine.

aleksander_t
11-23-2007, 05:54 PM
7 speaker. Yea, thats what I was thinking, The little cubbies for 6x8's are very alluring, but in the end they really would serve no purpose. And over at the saab forums everyone is suggesting I replace the 3.5' with bostons regardless of whatever else I do.

aleksander_t
11-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Edit:

CaptinFocker
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
The Bostons are a big favorite with the saab community also the infinity kappas 62.7is for the door. People tend to skip the rear deck 6x9s and just go for a basslink of small setup in the trunk.