PDA

View Full Version : Custom box for my car?

Dkolv1337
11-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Well I drive a 2001 Intrepid, and it has a very large trunk. For now I have 2 12" subs and amp combo, but the box doesnt slide all the way back. I am thinking of making a custom enclosure myself for a project, but I am not sure how I should build it. Anyone have any ideas on how I should go? I was thinking of upgrading to 2 15" since my trunk would allow it.

dB-SPL
11-22-2007, 09:57 AM
You're going to have to be a bit more informative than that. "2001 Intrepid" doesn't exactly let us know what drivers you plan to use. Also, for those that don't own an Intrepid, we're clueless on what kind of space you have back there. ;)

-Bill-

Audio Master
11-22-2007, 10:03 AM
dude if you go to the forum part about enclosures there is asome cut sheets and stuff for all types of enclosures if you want to do a boot plug with fibre glass and ampracks all in the one thing custom like good luck if its your first id suggest hitting up one of the members with experience near you n the forum throw on lunch and beers and see if they will help you out my first box with fibreglass was like looking at a paper mashee doll someone had got to with a chainsaw

mlstrass
11-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Big trunk, but the opening isn't that large. I put a 4.25^3 box in one and it barely fit through the opening. 2 15's would take some work. Might considering doing 2 boxes...