Platinum Line
Profi Vanadium Line
Profi Line
Powerline CS
Powerline CMX
Germanium
Sound Line SLC
Soundline SL

So why are the germaniums more expensive(and to what ive seen rated better speakers) than the CMX line(which is right above?)

Im sure their has been a thread that has detailed information on each and every rainbow line..anyone want to find it? I couldnt.

Right now I have the lowest line SLX265 and was looking to upgrade in the near future for more midbass. Ive seen people sell their germaniums on here for $300 bucks or so and thats really what ive been lookin @

Kris

genxx
11-22-2007, 06:44 AM
IIRC last time we did this it came out like this from Don in the end. I just cannot remember if the Germ were above or below the CMX line or not. Maybe Don will chime in again. I will see if I can find the old thread we did this in.

Reference Line
Platinum Line
Powerline CS
Profi Vanadium Line
Profi Line
Powerline CMX
Germanium
Sound Line SLC
Soundline SL

krisfnbz
11-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I tried searching...came up empty...

filtor1
11-23-2007, 11:24 PM
IIRC last time we did this it came out like this from Don in the end. I just cannot remember if the Germ were above or below the CMX line or not. Maybe Don will chime in again. I will see if I can find the old thread we did this in.

Reference Line
Platinum Line
Powerline CS
Profi Vanadium Line
Profi Line
Powerline CMX
Germanium
Sound Line SLC
Soundline SL

Yeah I think this is the correct list. On Rainbow's site they are not in the order you would expect.

kmanian
11-23-2007, 11:44 PM
contact TnAudiophile he is a rep.

3.5Max6spd
11-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Reference
Platinum
Power CS
Profi Vanadium
Profi Cross line
Profi
Germanium
Xplain
CMX
Soundline
Dreamline

krisfnbz
11-24-2007, 11:55 AM
which series has the more bang for the buck? Germaniums?

Gary S
11-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I believe the Germaniums have a cast basket and the CMX have stamped steel, that may account for the price difference.

As to why Rainbow has the CMX listed over the germaniums... it's probably because they think the metal tweeter is more accurate.

I agree with 3.5Max6spd's list though as far as all-around sound quality, listen to him.

Interesting how high he has Power CS on his list.

filtor1
11-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I like how high he has them on the list. :D And I would agree.

nismos14
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
They really aren't in any particular order on the website.

krisfnbz
11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
^^ thats what I figured