PDA

View Full Version : items needed for box

armitank
11-21-2007, 01:03 AM
so what do you need to make a box, other than the mdf, tools, and screws?

first box and want to go get everything tomorrow

jdc753
11-21-2007, 09:14 AM
MDF, Tools and screws kinda covers all the bases. Not sure what glue your planning on using but it looks like most use TiteBond II last box I built I used Gorilla glue and it worked good, just gotta do a little more clean up. Maybe some silicon for sealing the joints if need be (some also say this isn't necessary if the cuts are good, but it won't hurt). Not sure what you have for tools but a counter sink bit for the drill is nice to get the screws in nice and flush without mushrooming the MDF or having the screws stick up.

Oh yea and a camera is a must, take some pics and post em up as a build log. Good luck on your build and enjoy crafting something you can be proud of.

mlstrass
11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Don't use Gorilla glue as it *****, seriously. Doesn't bond very well at all. Tite Bond II or Elmer's Pro bond work fine.

Take your time and have fun....and yes pics are a must!!!

JBLCAMRY
11-21-2007, 11:35 AM
1 5/8" drywall screws, TiteBond II, a square, a smaller drill bit to predrill all of the wholes, drill, sandpaper(not needed if cuts are right, but its your first box so........) other than a saw(circular or table) and a jigsaw, thats about it.

a counter sink bit for the drill is nice to get the screws in nice and flush without mushrooming the MDF or having the screws stick up.

X2 , always nice to have a counter sink bit:D

bjfish11
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197899

PV Audio
11-22-2007, 03:01 PM
USE THE SEARCH! I made a thread on this already.

edit: Seems mr. angler found it too :emb: