PDA

View Full Version : Alternator deal with jnoel

sporty_drew
11-16-2007, 02:13 AM
I just wanted to make this tread for documentation purposes.

I bought a Boss 160 amp alternator from jnoel. He shipped it via USPS in a priority flat rate box. Everything went quick and smoothly with this transaction, until i received the alternator. I was damaged during shipping. I let him know about it and he told me that i could send it back to him and if i got him a picture of the receipt that he would then issue my refund. I did that today and he sent me my refund through paypal. Here are the pictures of how i received it and of my shipping receipt.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/sporty_drew/P1010079.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/sporty_drew/P1010080.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/sporty_drew/P1010078-1.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/sporty_drew/P1010077-1.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/sporty_drew/P1010077-2.jpg

sporty_drew
11-16-2007, 02:14 AM
I wanted to add that Jnoel is a Great guy to work with. He's been very helpful.

jnoel
11-16-2007, 02:20 AM
thanks man

ryanroma
11-16-2007, 02:25 AM
****!! UPS must've attempted to play baseball with that alternator and then repackaged it...

sporty_drew
11-16-2007, 02:26 AM
****!! USPS must've attempted to play baseball with that alternator and then repackaged it...

:laugh:

93EXT
11-16-2007, 02:28 AM
I really hate shipping companys, I constantly yell at the guys that deliver furniture where I work, when you pretty much toss $800 wooden chairs around like bouncing balls you should be shot.

I dont know why they just dont seem to care. youd think their bosses would be pissed at them too if there kept being insurance claims, especially cast aluminum parts haha.

Hintzyboy
11-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Seriously though, that packaging is pretty ******. Not to knock on jnoel, as I am sure he's a great guy. Never seen anything to suggest otherwise.

But come on, NEWSPAPER????? That is NOT how you package an item. No matter what it is. Invest in some bubble wrap. ****!

2kchevy06civic
11-16-2007, 02:38 AM
well at least he sent you a refund but I'm gonna have to agree with the guy above me. Why did he ship with just newspaper? Come on meow............

bumpin buick
11-16-2007, 02:40 AM
I think if what ever happened to it had the power to break the cast aluminum through the box and paper, the bubble rap wouldnt have been much help

ryanroma
11-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Seriously though, that packaging is pretty ******. Not to knock on jnoel, as I am sure he's a great guy. Never seen anything to suggest otherwise.

But come on, NEWSPAPER????? That is NOT how you package an item. No matter what it is. Invest in some bubble wrap. ****!

The packaging is agreeably insufficient, but I don't think even bubble wrap would've saved that thing.. I think that fell outta the truck, was played baseball with, repackaged, opened at the location where you picked it up but by workers, kicked by Godzilla himself, and finally run over by a tank...

bumpin buick
11-16-2007, 02:41 AM
lol nice

2kchevy06civic
11-16-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm not saying he should have used bubble wrap.....I'm just saying he could have chose something other than newspaper. I've never shipped an alt but I sure as hell wouldn't solely use newspaper pieces.

jnoel
11-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Yea that's my fault....well i was there to ship it and i was like i need a roll of bubble rap adn then the guy at the counter was like...here just use this (he picked up the newspaper) adn started crinkeling it adn stuffing it tightly around the alt and first putting a layer on the bottom...so i was like alright..as long as you think it will be ok....but i realize that if i had done a better packaging job this may not of happened...but i doubt that bubble rap would of helped...it's just a lesson learned in my case...that's why i refunded the money, i also refunded him cause he didnt start a bull **** bad and beware thread b4 trying to consult me first (this seems to be a more occuring thing on here)....glad to work things out with him..i always try to do buisness in the best of matter

mlstrass
11-16-2007, 02:47 AM
crappy packaging job damaged the alt. It's not like we don't know that shippers ****, so we need to take extra steps to make sure stuff gets there in one piece. A few pieces of newspaper is NOT the way to protect an alt.

At least the seller stepped up and took care of things...props for that.

2kchevy06civic
11-16-2007, 02:50 AM
yeah I'm not trying to knock you because at least you made up for your mistakes...just a future :fyi: next time.

jnoel
11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
thanks guys dont worry it wont happen again....

ryanroma
11-16-2007, 02:52 AM
do I hear packaging tape around the product first and then expanding foam LMFAO???

Hintzyboy
11-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Yeah dude, you just can't trust shippers, especially UPS and USPS. i've always had good luck with FedEx, but you still have to be careful. A couple of my friends are package handlers at UPS and you wouldn't believe some of the **** that goes down. They are pretty much encouraged to throw **** around in order to boost speed. Stuff is tossed to a guy in the truck, and they don't have/take the time to organize stuff properly inside the vehicle.

Whenever I package something, I always wrap it in a few layers of your general small bubble wrap, then another couple layers of the stuff with the big bubbles. If I have any foam around, I put that in places that have extra space in the box. I do use newspaper to fill in space when I don't have foam though. But I always make sure that the item is fully protected before I even put in in the box. It has to bounce off the carpet before I even look for a box for it. Most of the time, there is so much extra padding that the box will puff out a little and i have to hold the flaps down to tape them. Then I use multiple layers of packing tape to secure all the seams in the box. I usually go through about 1/3 of a roll of packing tape just to make sure that the package won't come open no matter what the retards who handle it do. I average MAYBE 2-3 packages per roll of bubble wrap and packing tape.

jnoel
11-16-2007, 03:43 AM
thanks for the tips man....

Hintzyboy
11-16-2007, 03:56 AM
thanks for the tips man....

No problem man. I know you're a good guy from what I've seen on here, and the fact that you responded so quick with the refund is proof of that. I've just gotten screwed by retarded shipping companies before when the shipper used less-than optimal packaging. Unfortunately, my seller wasn't as cool as you. Bastard gave me the runaround and I never did get my money back. Just trying to make sure shipping doesn't ruin too many people's day.

And like I said, I ALWAYS ship through FedEx. The only problem I've ever had with them is that I couldn't stop a shipment once it was in Canada. Apparently ground shipping gets handled by a different company once it crosses the border. But I've had nothing but problems with other companies. UPS completely LOST a package that was supposed to come to me as part of a trade. USPS was responsible for the aforementioned damage, as well as a package that got routed to the god **** WEST INDIES instead of Wisconsin (WI) despite the fact that there was a zip code on it. DHL has terrible tracking and is ALWAYS late. Just stick with FedEx,lol.

jnoel
11-16-2007, 04:09 AM
well in my town the only shipping places are ups and usps.....which is best to go with?

sporty_drew
11-16-2007, 04:10 AM
I've always had great luck with usps

Hintzyboy
11-16-2007, 04:19 AM
well in my town the only shipping places are ups and usps.....which is best to go with?

Of the two, I'd say UPS. I've never had anything damaged by them, but something did get lost. However, the shipper eventually got his insurance money, so it turned out alright I guess. And their tracking is probably the best out of all the companies, although I think their pretty much tied with FedEx. USPS tracking ***** and their rates aren't very competitive. Plus your package might get rerouted to a foreign country if it happens to have the same abbreviation as the state you're shipping to.

However, you might be able to get FedEx to pick the package up if there is one anywhere near you.

Hintzyboy
11-16-2007, 04:23 AM
There are a few dropoff locations in your area. Just open a FedEx account, print the shipping label yourself, and drop it off

http://fedex.com/Dropoff/SearchAction.do

jnoel
11-16-2007, 04:24 AM
thanks youve been very helpful

Hintzyboy
11-16-2007, 04:29 AM
No problem man. Glad to be of service.

sporty_drew
11-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Everything worked out great. Thanks again Jnoel

benzmansl65amg
11-18-2007, 02:41 AM
i hate shipping companies bunch of ******s

hoxie08
11-18-2007, 02:53 AM
reminds me of yesterday the UPS guy was headin down the street... even when I know im not getting a package I get all antsy haha, anyways he's goin about 30 and slams his brakes to make the turn down the street by my house, and as hes turning I hear quite a few loud thuds (packages slamming against the walls...maybe falling, no idea) Glad I wasn't getting a package yesterday :)