PDA

View Full Version : potential scammers and numerous sales

Scoobydoo
11-15-2007, 10:26 PM
IMO when a member is labeled a potential scammer or he/she has an issue with a previous sale issue they should not be allowed to list more items for sale until they make good and the FS mods know for a fact they have cleared things up.

the potential scammer should get all of his/her FS threads locked and classified privledges revoked until the issue is taken care of

Anyone agree?

tapout
11-15-2007, 10:27 PM
agreed; anyone in particular you are thinking of.

And that is actually in the classified rules but loosely enforced.

ryanroma
11-15-2007, 10:27 PM
IMO when a member is labeled a potential scammer or he/she has an issue with a previous sale issue they should not be allowed to list more items for sale until they make good and the FS mods know for a fact they have cleared things up.

the potential scammer should get all of his/her FS threads locked and classified privledges revoked until the issue is taken care of

Anyone agree?

agree but if you took their classifieds privileges away, they could not respond to negative feedback threads, to resolve the problem...

Scoobydoo
11-15-2007, 10:31 PM
they can resolve it in pm, where it should be resolved, then once it is resolved feedback can be updated

did i mention the word resolve?

Bloodstalker999
11-15-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree 100% but what are the conditions in which they would be labeled potential scammer, after all anyone can scam regardless of post count. If the requirements to be considered a scammer are fairly lenient then any idiot can run an otherwise good name through the dirt. Its probably harder to do than it really worth.

Scoobydoo
11-15-2007, 10:32 PM
agreed; anyone in particular you are thinking of.

And that is actually in the classified rules but loosely enforced.

yes, there is a negative feedback thread on a member that spans a few weeks, which hasnt been resolved or so it seems

that member posted two more items for sale yesterday

tapout
11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
yes, there is a negative feedback thread on a member that spans a few weeks, which hasnt been resolved or so it seems

that member posted two more items for sale yesterday

do tell. Unless its perhaps bassboobs16.

ngsm13
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Already in effect in.

In theory. You are not allowed to interact in a transaction, if you have current negative feedback.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166292

Revoking priviledges isn't something we can do. We can lock/delete/move/ban. :fyi:

nG

Scoobydoo
11-15-2007, 10:45 PM
maybe just locking all that persons FS threads with a warning until things are 100% cleared up?

i have nobody in mind particularly, but a particular user that i dealt with a few weeks back prompted me to post this

if you dont know who i am referring to i can pm you his user name

trueplaya89
11-16-2007, 12:32 AM
maybe just locking all that persons FS threads with a warning until things are 100% cleared up?

i have nobody in mind particularly, but a particular user that i dealt with a few weeks back prompted me to post this

if you dont know who i am referring to i can pm you his user name

Man, maybe we just need SSS here. And maybe encourage the use of heatware?

Scoobydoo
11-16-2007, 04:02 AM
Man, maybe we just need SSS here. And maybe encourage the use of heatware?

ya, SSS hates scammers and trolls with a passion, good guy to know if you do get scammed

ngsm13
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Took care of on thread, feel free to PM me any others whenever if you notice them. I can't catch everything.

nG

joetama
11-16-2007, 09:39 AM
:woot: for this idea.