PDA

View Full Version : Spl In Colorado

ALL THAT BASS
11-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Alright Guys.. as everyone who knows me, knows, I'm not big into test tones, BUT I am gunna hold some spl shows of some sort nest year, I need input, actual input from the "competitors" other then posting #'s, showing up on time and being organized, what do YOU ALL want to see to get the Colorado scene going again? I'll be advertising the shows and getting the word out, but I want some honest input, what would get YOU to a show? I'll be doing bass race type stuff along with drive by, and port wars to get my clientèle involved, and make it more interesting for everyone. Any other ideas and or input is welcomed. Don't be shy, nows your time to be involved in the Denver Shows, not just show up and donate twenty or thirty bux for a trophy.

Get at me guys
Mike

got_focus?
11-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Trophies are always good.....I would actually take a trophy over a "raffle"

just my $.02

got_focus?
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
other than that.....let me think about it for a bit....have to remember what actually caught my attention in WI.....

car show incorporated into the event maybe?

Pyro_By_Nature
11-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Better looking trophies without circuit city plastered all over them :laugh:

Quicker shows.No allowing people to be on the meter for 2 + minutes.No "in the lane" fixing or box repositioning.As a competitor, I do not want to be standing around all day watching 25 people playing on the meter for 10 minutes each.

ALL THAT BASS
11-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Brent, I noticed you're running an art series 300. Yanno I have 2 200's 2 100's and a pro art 25 at the shop? one of the 100's and the pro art 25 are still brand spankin new. I robbed the power plugs from 'em though, but I can get the better 4 ga power plugs for 'em. Know anyone that might be interested?

Mike

ALL THAT BASS
11-12-2007, 01:34 AM
All good info guys.. NICE BIG Trophies without circuit city all over 'em, quicker runs and shows, no "in lane" adjustments or repairs. So basically a structured show. haha Gives me a starting point.

Nismofreak
11-12-2007, 01:39 AM
I say raffle and trophies......

hunterw
11-12-2007, 01:41 AM
give aways are always cool. makin it a family event is also a plus. things like the "L7 throw" are cool just anything to keep it fun and make people wanna come back. i really wanna make it up to denver and other places is co for comps. denver is only 8 hrs away.

duece212
11-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Only show I've actually been too was a carshow/stereo show in Seattle, but it included a bikini contest that turned into a topless bikini contest...that was a good show in my opinion :)

I gotta try to make some of these shows next year instead of just talkin about it :/

Nismofreak
11-12-2007, 01:54 AM
What will the cost be you think?

Pyro_By_Nature
11-12-2007, 02:55 AM
If you hold a bikini and/or a wet t-shirt contest, make **** sure the girls are good looking. :laugh:

ALL THAT BASS
11-12-2007, 03:03 AM
awww come on now, what was wrong with Jason's "models"?? haha

Pyro_By_Nature
11-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Cellulite is a no no in a bikini contest for starters lol :laugh:

SteveSkal
11-13-2007, 03:44 AM
I'll have to second the bikini contest or some other form of getting scantily clad females involved. That always keeps me coming back for more :-)

duece212
11-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Have you tried gettin something goin with the huge kbpi car show they have every year. That would have to get you some mass exposure.

Nismofreak
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Have you tried gettin something goin with the huge kbpi car show they have every year. That would have to get you some mass exposure.

kbpi wtf :wow:

duece212
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
kbpi wtf :wow:

You know the kbpi rock and roll show that lead to this:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14972847

I missed it this year but looks like ALOT of nice cars and alot of people there. Could be a big exposure event.

Nismofreak
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
dam....sweet....um yah we need a db drag ASAP!!!

Nismofreak
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
___

Nismofreak
11-13-2007, 06:56 PM
___

Nismofreak
11-13-2007, 06:56 PM
my bad

Pyro_By_Nature
11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Kbpi Ftw!

stevew007
01-05-2008, 01:46 AM
I'll be at any show in colo listening to the people *****. about one thing or the other.
people not showing up on time, crappy thophey,same people always winning.you know what I'm sick of all the people that ***** and never do any thing different to change thing's.they always show up with the same prefab box with the half blowen dual 12" and 300 watt rockwood.

you are on the right track with the show's BIGMIKE! do what you think is right. let people have fun. if they are on the mic for ten minute's and having fun let it be. your not going to get good result's from this forum there is just not that many people on here from colo good luck with the show's maybe I'll see you around

Nismofreak
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Bump...any ideas for show in Feb?

stevew007
01-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Bump...any ideas for show in Feb?

yeah snow suit's and shovel's lol

Nismofreak
01-12-2008, 12:50 PM
yeah snow suit's and shovel's lol

lol...Naw I beat the weather will be alot better lol..

Pyro_By_Nature
01-13-2008, 03:12 AM
you are on the right track with the show's BIGMIKE! do what you think is right. let people have fun. if they are on the mic for ten minute's and having fun let it be. your not going to get good result's from this forum there is just not that many people on here from colo good luck with the show's maybe I'll see you around

Hey, if you want to stand around all day in the sun watching 15-20 people do 132dbs for 10 minutes each then be my guest. :laugh:

stevew007
01-13-2008, 12:40 PM
I'd rather watch people have fun then watch them ***** about it.and those people that are do 132db's are the people that will show up @ the next show. as long as people are having fun I'm happy! this is what I build my system for to show it off not go to a show and rush my way threw it just to go home.i enjoy hanging out with people and talking shop with them.yeah there has been some crappy show's and i know that's why you never showed up on time or @ all pyro.I don't blame you but if you want to help get the sport back in colorado then help with it don't ***** about the show's you did'nt go too. yeah the other guy messed up big time and that's why he will never be in dbdrag again.he is still talking about this year's show's he is going to do which will never happen. anyways hope to see everyone @ some show's this year

Pyro_By_Nature
01-13-2008, 03:34 PM
If I rememeber correctly you were the one at lenny's shows *****ing about everything.Try not to be a hypocryte and pull out your tampon.

I'd be interested in hearing when I bitched about shows I never went to? The only person I recall doing even close to that was Tom on the ultimate electronics shows.I wouldn't even consider that bitching though, just comments on how not to do a show.

I'm not saying rush through it, just have some structure.

stevew007
01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
who didnt ***** about lenny's show's??? i never said i didnt BUT I went to every show he had suporting the sport. I see what your saying about structure. I think we just need to start a colorado based org.and see how that goes we could pull a (eddie) and do a grand prize at the end of the year for the person/people with the most point's.also had a idea like the show "pink's" .but I don't want to ruin it before there is any show's

Pyro_By_Nature
01-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Meh, I tried making as many of the shows as possible.But a few times I had more important things to do.

I think there was one show you missed in aurora ;) That turn-out ******. Like 5 competitors LOL.

Nismofreak
01-14-2008, 12:51 AM
huh...the worst was 3x....like 7 competitors...A GOD DAM 3X SHOW!!!!

PBateman
01-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Sorry for posting this on a somewhat old thread but I sure hope someone has some shows this year. :) I went to one show last year and was hooked. (even if there was just 5 or 6 people) I've never competed before and think it would be fun to try. I also don't think it matters if you show up doing a 135 or a 155 as long as you have fun. Anyways, just my .02

stevew007
01-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Sorry for posting this on a somewhat old thread but I sure hope someone has some shows this year. :) I went to one show last year and was hooked. (even if there was just 5 or 6 people) I've never competed before and think it would be fun to try. I also don't think it matters if you show up doing a 135 or a 155 as long as you have fun. Anyways, just my .02

well I plan on doing some free show's just to hang out so people can just check out where they stand in colo.hopefully the new shop open's up and we can do everyshow at his place(you are getting a place with a nice parking lot right:greedy: lol) anyway's get me your number so i can add you to my black book of bassheads.by the way what show did you go too?

PBateman
01-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Great to hear Steve! I went to the aurora show at circuit city. (Did not enter though)
What new shop?

stevew007
01-27-2008, 05:07 PM
yeah i was not at that show but mike from sound on wheel's is going to open a shop in denver

ALL THAT BASS
01-28-2008, 03:36 AM
well I plan on doing some free show's just to hang out so people can just check out where they stand in colo.hopefully the new shop open's up and we can do everyshow at his place(you are getting a place with a nice parking lot right:greedy: lol) anyway's get me your number so i can add you to my black book of bassheads.by the way what show did you go too?

LOL yeah IF this deal goes through this week, the spot I'm looking at is on 1.3 acres. So we should be good on that.

stevew007
01-28-2008, 08:46 AM
this year might turn out alright after all

Nismofreak
01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Lol can't wait!!

ALL THAT BASS
02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes, I think 2008 will be a MUCH better year for spl in Colorado. (can it really get much worse?)

Mike

stevew007
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
well keep us informed on the shop

Nismofreak
02-02-2008, 02:22 AM
uh...hope the weather gets better. I need to build a new box lol.
Thanks for the suggestion on the center console piece. Duraglass is the best mike lol

ALL THAT BASS
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
uh...hope the weather gets better. I need to build a new box lol.
Thanks for the suggestion on the center console piece. Duraglass is the best mike lol

Tom..Duraglass is a dream right?? After the duraglass, use Rage Gold as the filler, its easier to sand than regular plastic filler like bondo. Also on your new box, try putting a slight angle on the face (woofer mount) of the box, helps kill sub cancellation, and standing waves inside the enclosure. Plus square boxes are ghey!!!

Mike

stevew007
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
mike what's the word on the new shop?

Nismofreak
02-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Tom..Duraglass is a dream right?? After the duraglass, use Rage Gold as the filler, its easier to sand than regular plastic filler like bondo. Also on your new box, try putting a slight angle on the face (woofer mount) of the box, helps kill sub cancellation, and standing waves inside the enclosure. Plus square boxes are ghey!!!

Mike

yah I love duraglass lol. To bad I use bondo body filler. Used it on my doors which is pretty easy to sand.

ALL THAT BASS
02-06-2008, 12:47 AM
mike what's the word on the new shop?

Hey Steve...I posted an update on the Shop in the other thread.... but basically once I get all my funding in order, we start knockin down down walls and building displays. I'm hoping to know more on the loot my weeks end.

Mike

Nismofreak
02-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Hey Steve...I posted an update on the Shop in the other thread.... but basically once I get all my funding in order, we start knockin down down walls and building displays. I'm hoping to know more on the loot my weeks end.

Mike

yo mike check your pm

stevew007
02-06-2008, 08:52 AM

Mike

yeah i just read that. this is great to hear well i'll be free on weekend's just give me a ring