PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install remote start in a nissan before?

nismboy6986
03-28-2003, 01:01 PM
The installation manual to my alarm says that some cars, commonly nissan, willl run badly when remote started because they have two starter wires and guess what my '95 sentra runs so badly after bieng remote started that the engine just cuts off after 2 seconds. I can remote start it inside the car and hit the gas after it cranks and it'll run fine. After about 5 remote start attempts it will run badly for a second or two and level off and run fine.
also when i say run bad it sounds like the idle jumps from normal to extremely low then cut off. To sum that $#!t up does anyone know where the extra starter wire is at on a '95 sentra?

nismboy6986
04-01-2003, 03:55 PM
nobody?? I know SentraStyleEMW at least knows which one is the ACC wire

eengrms
04-02-2003, 09:47 AM
The starter wires for a 95' Sentra are BLK/BLU and BLK/WHT at the ignition harness. It doesn't matter which one you hook up to which output. Don't forget to hook up the Tach wire too (BLU/ORG wire at the injector). Tachless starts can cause some of the symptoms you mentioned as well.

nismboy6986
04-04-2003, 09:18 PM
I already got it working right. I got my tach wire from the green wire off the distributer ( I got the info that i can do this from a guy telling how to hook up a tachometer on his car's web page) Only thing ***** is that i started working on the alarm in January (just a little bit every weekend) and now its too warm for remote start to really be functional. ( i can't leave my AC on and let it cool my car because i got to fix the Fast idle control valve because the engine runs bad then stalls when idling with the AC on, no ones knows ho to fix that do they??)