PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

brchd
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Heres the breakdown. I sold an Ipod cable to a member on here that was brand new. Heres the original ad: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267637

Now the guy receives it and sends me a message saying the cable doesnt work. I know it works with the receivers its made for...so i do a little searching and see one of the guys previous posts and he says he has the Pioneer AVIC-N2. So, I look up the cable and see if its compatable with this unit and it is not. Here: Compatibility: This adapter is for use with iPod and iPod nano. The CDI200 iPod Direct Cable is compatible with Pioneer in-dash player models AVIC-D3, AVH-P5700DVD, DEH-P4900IB, DEH-P5900IB, and DEH-P790BT.

Now I clearly stated in the ad title the model number of the cable and I feel like the buyer should KNOW or at least try to find out if it is compatible with his unit before he buys it. He even got it for $15 shipped, $5 less than what i was asking for it. IF he was unsure whether or not the cable would work with his unit, he should've asked me or checked himself.

So I offer to refund his money, minus my shipping and cost of packaging, and PP fees since the money was already transferred to my bank account. Once i receive it back.

Is this fair? Or is it his fault and he needs to READ or ASK before he buys. If the cable was defective then i could see saying the cable "doesnt work", and would promptly refund his money. But if YOU didnt check to see if it was compatible FIRST, then thats your fault.

I've sold over $4k worth of stuff on here with NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK>>>> this just irks me I guess that this guy says it doesnt work.....TELL THE TRUTH< YOU WERE LAZY AND DIDNT CHECK TO SEE IF THE CABLE WAS COMPATIBILE BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT!

hoss
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
i would not feel like i have to refund it because an uneducated purchase was made...

but, i would try to reconcile with the guy. tell him whats up, and that perhaps a bit more research should have been in order before his purchase, and then work out a deal to buy it back.

you should not be out any money in the deal, but just tell him that if he mails it back to you, you will refund his money (minus original shipping, which i think is fair). you just dont want that bad karma laying over you, might as well do whats right as best you can.

brchd
11-09-2007, 10:13 AM
i offered that. just waiting to hear back from him...it just pissed me off that he says it doesnt work....tell the truth man...i will work with ya.

SeanDub
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
That is 100&#37; his fault. It is not your problem. He made the mistake, so he has to deal with it, and apparently he wants to ***** about it. But if you're really nice you can give him a refund that comes at no cost to you and then just resell the cord, assuming it is not damaged now.

brchd
11-09-2007, 10:27 AM
That is 100% his fault. It is not your problem. He made the mistake, so he has to deal with it, and apparently he wants to ***** about it. But if you're really nice you can give him a refund that comes at no cost to you and then just resell the cord, assuming it is not damaged now.

I agree, but since i am a good guy i offered to refund his money, minus the shipping, PP fees and ONLY when i receive it back and its in working order. I've never had a PP claim filed against me in 5 years on Ebay....can he file one because he says "it doesnt work"? when really it doesnt work with HIS UNIT?

Louisiana_CRX
11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
If that is the one that uses the Pioneer IP Buss cable and he isn't getting no sound and everything else works...He needs to swap the blue and black IP buss cable around......If not I'd have to know more about it....

brchd
11-09-2007, 10:33 AM
its this cable here: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-iPod-Direct-Cable-CDI200/sem/rpsm/oid/171367/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

brchd
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm just sick of all these buyers who don't know **** and make it seem like its your fault. I already refunded one guys money this week who "changed his mind" after almost 5 days.... I REALLY DON'T wanna sell **** on here anymore. At least on ebay, its a binding contract....no "oh i changed my mind" or "i didnt know" I get sick of that ****.

Louisiana_CRX
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Ok I was thinking the older ones that used the Pioneer Box...There is no wrong way to hook that one up....He probally bought it for the wrong CD player like you said

brchd
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I went back and checked all the PMs from him and not ONCE did he ask if it would work with his N2.....or for any of the Pioneer/Premier models either.

ace_800
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
brchd- ygpm

hoxie08
11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I agree with every one else. He should have checked, there is no way you would have known it was the wrong one, after all, it IS his HU...

DBfan187
11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
tell him to hang himself with the cable.

jnoel
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
no refund for him..he should of read..it's like a ebay auction and when people dont read and they dont notice that at the bottom in small print it says "this item does not work" but they buy anyway.........

BassBallin
11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
what are your return policies?

brchd
11-09-2007, 04:18 PM
this was a sale on this forum not ebay. I have no 'return' policy...do you? unless something is my fault....

2002XLT
11-09-2007, 04:24 PM
fck that, btching about 15 bucks? Tell him to resell it on ebay.

brchd
11-09-2007, 04:47 PM
fck that, btching about 15 bucks? Tell him to resell it on ebay.

thats what i said...bro you got a 35 dollar cable from me in the original packaging, and you got it for 5 bucks lesss than what i was asking. resell it and make your money back...your error NOT MINE! :D

ace_800
11-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Send me his ID, I'll PM him and pick it up for 15 unless u get it back.

brchd
11-09-2007, 05:16 PM
sent ace...thx

BobbyDD
11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
It's not your fault, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle he might cause you with paypal. I'd probably just take it back and refund him the $15 and be done with it.

BobbyDD
11-09-2007, 05:49 PM
ttt works with any newer Pioneer/premier receiver....

Actually, after reading this I'd definately just refund his money including all shipping.

brchd
11-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Actually, after reading this I'd definately just refund his money including all shipping.

i'm definitely not refunding his shipping and be out money out of my pocket...you got me ****ed up homeboy. I am not taking a loss on this. The ad said CDI200 Pioneer Ipod cable.....he shouldve known. so take your opinion and stick it up your ***. I AM NOT LOSING MONEY. Feg!!:verymad:

brchd
11-09-2007, 06:43 PM
he can get a refund...but MINUS SHIPPING YOU RETARD!

Randy Savage
11-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I think you need to relax.

You put it works with newer Pioneer units. You should have either not said this, or listed the specific models it works for.

Grinder1989
11-09-2007, 08:59 PM
If it was me, I wouldn't refund. I'm a very understanding and ethical person but if you can't read, that's your own fault. No one on here wants a transaction to be anything less than perfect because people will just post "scammer" and there goes your reputation. But IMO, this is not a store, this is private trading, so how can there be a refund when there is no policy to say so? Being fair is a way to make money. But why pay for another person's mistake?

BobbyDD
11-09-2007, 11:42 PM
i'm definitely not refunding his shipping and be out money out of my pocket...you got me ****ed up homeboy. I am not taking a loss on this. The ad said CDI200 Pioneer Ipod cable.....he shouldve known. so take your opinion and stick it up your ***. I AM NOT LOSING MONEY. Feg!!:verymad:

Sorry I offended you Mr. Internet Tough Guy. I didn't know you only wanted opinions in your favor. Grow up.

brchd
11-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I think you need to relax.

You put it works with newer Pioneer units. You should have either not said this, or listed the specific models it works for.

I also put in the title CDI200...if you don't know if it works with your unit....ASK...so **** off jackass...his avic-n2 is NOT a new pioneer /premier...FEG!

hoss
11-10-2007, 12:42 AM
I also put in the title CDI200...if you don't know if it works with your unit....ASK...so **** off jackass...his avic-n2 is NOT a new pioneer /premier...FEG!

but it is "newer"

i would by no means call an n2 old or older...

you need to calm the hell down man... i still maintain that you are under no obligation to take any corrective measures. but ****, youre actin like a jackass whenever someone disagrees with you...

brchd
11-10-2007, 12:53 AM
but it is "newer"

i would by no means call an n2 old or older...

you need to calm the hell down man... i still maintain that you are under no obligation to take any corrective measures. but ****, youre actin like a jackass whenever someone disagrees with you...

what i mean is its not an 07...or even an 06 model.....sorry but i've sold a lot of expensive **** **** on here....over $4k worth of ****....and to hear these "know it alls"....put yourself in my boat. i will refund his money or can't you all READ?? minus my costs for shipping because it was BUYER ERROR! now end of story.....

Grinder1989
11-10-2007, 12:56 AM
lol. chill man

SeanDub
11-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Why give him a refund at all? He messed up. You never said refunds allowed if you can't read. You never said if you don't like it send it back and I'll refund your money. You said you had a specific item for sale and he bought it. Done deal. If doesn't want it he can sell it.

It would be like me buying a Dual 4 ohm sub for my 1 ohm amp and then asking for a refund because I didn't know it wouldn't work best.

/thread

brchd
11-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Why give him a refund at all? He messed up. You never said refunds allowed if you can't read. You never said if you don't like it send it back and I'll refund your money. You said you had a specific item for sale and he bought it. Done deal. If doesn't want it he can sell it.

It would be like me buying a Dual 4 ohm sub for my 1 ohm amp and then asking for a refund because I didn't know it wouldn't work best.

/thread

THank you sir.../:eek:story

crunktimes.com
11-10-2007, 01:11 AM
You are both wrong, Him for not looking up if the cable was compatible and you for saying it works with all 'newer' Pioneer headunits..

If he wants a refund just refund him minus shipping and quit being a whiney little ***** about it..

hoss
11-10-2007, 01:13 AM
OP is a little kiddy who cant handle the harsh reality of life :fyi:

grow up man. just because people dont support your reasoning, doesnt make them in the wrong.

hoxie08
11-10-2007, 01:21 AM
yeah i dont think calling people names is really gonna help the situation at all :(

hoss
11-10-2007, 01:35 AM
yeah i dont think calling people names is really gonna help the situation at all :(

meh, couldnt hurt...

all he was looking for was a confirmation that he was right. any oppinion opposing him is clearly coming from an idiot.

BobbyDD
11-10-2007, 09:58 AM
It's great how these feedback threads tend to backfire on people. Even though he'll just cuss, call people names, use some angry emoticons and say he doesn't care I'd say the op has lost several future potential sales over $5 or so. Good job man.

mihklo
11-10-2007, 10:10 AM
it really is both of your faults.if you would have said works with most newer pioneers then that would have made it more clear for him to check. some people see that you saiud all so figured that the seller knows what he is selling so they dont need to check

wsdav20
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
was this thread really necessary? I messed up by not checking the info on the cable i assumed it worked with all pioneers. Its gonna work for me after all, getting my avh5700 from repair this week.

BobbyDD
11-10-2007, 11:03 AM
was this thread really necessary? I messed up by not checking the info on the cable i assumed it worked with all pioneers. Its gonna work for me after all, getting my avh5700 from repair this week.

I don't think it was necessary. Yes you should have checked but a big deal was made of nothing here. You can't trust everyone.

brchd
11-10-2007, 12:02 PM
you guys are right it is partly my fault for saying that it works with all newer Pioneer/Premier units.....I said from the get go I would give him a refund minus shipping. I was a little bit irate yesterday and may have jumped the gun, but when a guy send me a message saying the cable doesnt work. i tried it with 3 units, and then just logs off seeing I am on....it just pissed me off and I wanted to vent a little. MY BAD! I came home last night in a bad mood, been to a party and saw more responses to my post and the drunk fingers took over....

BobbyDD
11-10-2007, 02:25 PM
you guys are right it is partly my fault for saying that it works with all newer Pioneer/Premier units.....I said from the get go I would give him a refund minus shipping. I was a little bit irate yesterday and may have jumped the gun, but when a guy send me a message saying the cable doesnt work. i tried it with 3 units, and then just logs off seeing I am on....it just pissed me off and I wanted to vent a little. MY BAD! I came home last night in a bad mood, been to a party and saw more responses to my post and the drunk fingers took over....

It happens man, I've been there.

jco1385
11-10-2007, 02:27 PM
no excuse for bad mouthing a person

Randy Savage
11-10-2007, 04:37 PM

You need to calm the f*ck down. Seriously.

People are stating opinions, and you're flying off at the mouth.

Seriously...shut the f*ck up, and stop being a piece of ****.

brchd
11-10-2007, 05:56 PM
You need to calm the f*ck down. Seriously.

People are stating opinions, and you're flying off at the mouth.

Seriously...shut the f*ck up, and stop being a piece of ****.
you are a mod? name calling...real grown up. you are the pos. kthxbye.

Randy Savage
11-10-2007, 06:48 PM
you are a mod? name calling...real grown up. you are the pos. kthxbye.

Oh my.

Pot...meet kettle.

People are posting their opinions, and you're jumping down their throats.

You, sir, are an *******.

Me being a mod has nothing to do with me calling you what you are...a douchebag, who cannot accept the opinions of others.

hoss
11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
randy, obviously you dont get it.

you are supposed to agree with him so he feels good and stuff. any one who opposes him should just stfu :fyi:

op should ***** slap the purchasers mom, and probably ask for more money just because of his stupidity. stupid people buying stuff for "newer" models. people should understand that "newer" means less than brand brand new.

brchd
11-10-2007, 09:13 PM

IN CASE YOU GUYS MISSED THIS /thread