PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic shop in Denver..

pentaX
11-08-2007, 10:42 PM
A friend had his factory radio modified to accept a single DIN radio. Its a extensive mod that I have only seen done twice before this one. But I think this one just stands out from the crowd: Its super clean and matches dead on. Looks fantastic in person.

The Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72548

The place that did it: www.highlinecaraudio.com

I dont know where these guys came from, but they are **** good.

azimuth
11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
anyone's better than our normal crap. car toys, quality auto, etc. they carry focal as well, which is a plus.

SteveSkal
11-09-2007, 02:31 AM
Cool! They aren't too far from me

pentaX
11-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Ive been to Car Toys many times, and everytime, they are a bunch of idiots. I was close to having my system build there because they carry Focal, but now that there is another outlet, screw them.

The guys at Highline mentioned there is only 2 Focal dealers in Colorado. Them and Car Toys.

ALL THAT BASS
11-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Maybe its because they're new, but on the FOCAL site...there is no authorized dealer by the name of highline. :::shrugs::: maybe its cause they're new like I said.

IgnoreMe
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
wow. thats nice

SteveSkal
11-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Ive been to Car Toys many times, and everytime, they are a bunch of idiots. I was close to having my system build there because they carry Focal, but now that there is another outlet, screw them.

I'd agree, I just stopped in at CarToys yesterday after work and the sales guy was the biggest moron the planet earth. I went in just to ask about a ported box for my 13W7 and he had no clue and had to go out to the shop to ask they guys and of course said they couldn't get one but they could custim build one for like $400 so I'm like yeah right. So then we go into the sound room and I wanted to hear one of the subs and the idiot was messing with all the controls for like 10 minutes and couldn't turn on the sub I wanted to hear. I'm like yeah I'll come back another time. How do they expect to sell anything when they are so clueless??

azimuth
11-10-2007, 09:31 PM
the car toys on 6th and broadway really ****** at an alarm install i had done. i did a review a while back. got a flip out dvd stolen because they just wanted to get the poor guy in and out. if you have alot of cash, they'll do a decent job. if not, bare minimum.

pentaX
11-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Maybe its because they're new, but on the FOCAL site...there is no authorized dealer by the name of highline. :::shrugs::: maybe its cause they're new like I said.

Not sure. They mentioned they have only been open for a month or two. I will say this: They have a bunch of Focal amps, speakers and a bunch of Focal promo stuff. I would say they are a Focal dealer.

Steveskal - They must pick up sales guys from WalMart or something. Not only are they stupid, they really dont know the sales process. They are a bunch of clerks. For the most part, if they had to sell, they would make nothing. It almost seems as if everyone there is unhappy.

pentaX
11-11-2007, 01:33 PM
the car toys on 6th and broadway really ****** at an alarm install i had done. i did a review a while back. got a flip out dvd stolen because they just wanted to get the poor guy in and out. if you have alot of cash, they'll do a decent job. if not, bare minimum.

You know, thats funny. Another friend got some stuff installed there, and nothing but issue after issue. They installed a deck and 4 speakers in a 97 Lexus.

First it was the windows not working. Then the power door locks. Few days later, a speaker was cutting out. Turns out they fried the window/lock/door module with long screws.

Noone I know and everyone you guys know, shouldnt be going there. Quality is known for the $1 wire-fire. I wonder what tagline Cartoys will be getting soon.

azimuth
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
You know, thats funny. Another friend got some stuff installed there, and nothing but issue after issue. They installed a deck and 4 speakers in a 97 Lexus.

First it was the windows not working. Then the power door locks. Few days later, a speaker was cutting out. Turns out they fried the window/lock/door module with long screws.

Noone I know and everyone you guys know, shouldnt be going there. Quality is known for the $1 wire-fire. I wonder what tagline Cartoys will be getting soon.

quality auto sound actual re-installed the alarm that car toys couldn't get right. i would never have my audio installed there, but they did ok on the alarm. i got into an argument with the counter guy about a 100 farad, 400$ capacitor he tried to sell me.

SteveSkal
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah I've never actually had anything INSTALLED by Car Toys so I can't comment there, I try to do as much of my own installs as possible, I'll only have the Pro's do stuff that is way over my head such as Car Alarms. I let Quality Auto Sound do the install of my Viper alarm in my 02 Escalade and they did a good job, I can't complain and it was a pretty involved install, I had like every extra sensor known to man put in LOL

Nismofreak
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
the main ulitmate electronic in Thorton does some nice work but are pricey....give them a try
quality auto sound I have no idea. I know their prices are ridiculous....CRAZY!!!!

pentaX
11-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Looks as if they are starting the massive project!

Check it out here - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74919&page=7

troy_audi0
09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
highline is a nice shop for sure, Rich is a good guy..
very helpful

aquafbody
11-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Cartoys built this box.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634618

GAM3OVR
11-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Figured cartoys had a hand in it

There be a capacitor!!!!!!

:)

aquafbody
11-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Figured cartoys had a hand in it

There be a capacitor!!!!!!

:)

Two actually

anj46907
11-29-2008, 06:44 PM
rofl lmao @ the scosche cap nice walmart pickup

GAM3OVR
11-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Show me your capacitors ;)

aquafbody
11-29-2008, 06:49 PM
rofl lmao @ the scosche cap nice walmart pickup

oh hell yes. you just jelous. lol

anj46907
11-29-2008, 06:50 PM
oh hell yes. you just jelous. lol

i know it man wish i had the money AND the ****** system to throw that on. god my life *****!!!

aquafbody
11-29-2008, 06:57 PM
What pisses me off about cardomain is where it says bragging rights 131db is what i could do with a bunch of crap the truck could actually do 143.1db and I can't change it.

It Hertz
12-10-2008, 02:14 AM
did they install the Speakers in your doors also??? Ref:your avatar?

IDSkoT
12-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Show me your capacitors ;)

I have a 9x9 flux cap.
That ish OWNZZ

aquafbody
12-11-2008, 04:37 PM
did they install the Speakers in your doors also??? Ref:your avatar?

No actualy I've had those for a while bought them back when I lived in kansas for my old nissan D21 hardbody I used to have

DIRTYNISMO
03-31-2009, 04:54 PM
YOU SHOULD TRY SBS ELECTRONICS IN WHEAT RIDGE COLORADO/ sbselectronics.com

Nismofreak
03-31-2009, 05:32 PM
never heard of them......

It Hertz
05-12-2009, 09:03 PM
doesn't look like they have much to show of their work

kurtdaniel
07-31-2009, 11:59 PM
YOU SHOULD TRY SBS ELECTRONICS IN WHEAT RIDGE COLORADO/ sbselectronics.com
ive tried it and im satisfied by it..im using ab sbs electronic that I bought from chilton (http://www.racepages.com/brand/chilton.html) and use it on my ridge colorado..

knoslf
11-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I know this is very old but i ive walking distance from ultimate electronics thornton and although they've closed, they were good at what they did in the install bay, my friend worked there and had to be mecp ceertified and had to go through their training for 4wks! Lol

CrimsonNCream
05-22-2014, 12:45 AM
Anyone know any shops w/references and/or indivisuals w/references that do mobile installs? Someone out of Aurora would be best. I'm out east of town on I-70. Because of the distance I am willing to pay a little extra on top of normal mobile rates. Or maybe if you don't know anyone maybe you know a resource I could use to find someone. Some kind of listing of folks who meet some kind of industry certification or something like that... I need someone to pull out stuff from a non working vehicle and reinstall in my new ride. Everything pulled (deck, two amps, tweets, rear deck 6x9s) and at least one amp reinstalled, maybe some speakers.

Found a CL ad that looks promising (though more investigation on my part is needed
Mobile Audio, Video, Security, and more.. (http://denver.craigslist.org/eld/4478154207.html)