03-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Would it be alright to make a
port with a few 90 degree angles
to make it the proper length?

My box dimensions prevent me from
making the port straight.

80_Cutlass_mn
03-27-2003, 01:25 AM
If the port you specified is round why dont you just make it a slot port instead? They dont take nearly as much room and dont have to be nearly as long as round ports and are just as effective. But to answer your ?, yes if you use PVC pipe, which you can btw, then you can put a couple 90 degree elbows to get the length that you need.

Randy Savage
03-27-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn
If the port you specified is round why dont you just make it a slot port instead? They dont take nearly as much room and dont have to be nearly as long as round ports and are just as effective. My slot port is 23" long...

80_Cutlass_mn
03-27-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by snova031
My slot port is 23" long...

Yea maybe but just think if you would have had to make that a round one instead. That thing would have been about twice that if not more.

Randy Savage
03-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn
Yea maybe but just think if you would have had to make that a round one instead. That thing would have been about twice that if not more. I worked it out before I made my box....I think it would have been (2) 4"x9" ports...

80_Cutlass_mn
03-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Ok, I feel like ive just got the *** beat outta me lol. I was waaayyy wrong. Oh well. Im gonna try and port my box one of these days. lol all my friends at school who have ported boxes are callin me stupid for wanting to port my box. They are sayin that they **** and that they dont sound good. lol I told them that if you actually know how to do it then it will sound good and get loud as ***. Im wanting to port my box and then run the recommended rms wattage to my subs, then ill show them....hehe.

pburt
03-27-2003, 08:56 AM
80- what size box are those 2 12's in?? if a small sealed enclosure (less then 1.5 cuft per sub) i presonally think you are wasting your time with a port. 10's in a box that size yes but 12's i would make 1.75cuft my minumum ported box size.

ShaunMac - make sure you measure center of 90 to center of 90 for legnths, otherwise you could end up way off on your port legnth