PDA

View Full Version : Nooby suspension question.

ShiningBuick
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Ok, I drive a 1999 Buick Park Avenue. It's a General Motors G-body, like the Buick Riviera.
Well I plan on hopefully doing an air ride suspension, but what to do for the front has me a bit confused. No one sells a bolt up air strut for these cars.

It has a strut setup, and it reminds me almost exactly of how the setup was in my previous car (Alero), like this.
http://www.pbase.com/image/13908227/large.jpg
with a lower control arm and wheel hub, and then the strut bolts to the the wheel hub with two beefy bolts, and goes up and bolts to the chassis with three bolts, etc. No upper control arm, either.
Just to describe how the setup is, and all.

Ok, so I'm wondering if any other chassis-es have a front strut that would bolt onto the Park Ave's in place of the front ones (basically if these struts are used on any other models). Say, if N-body struts will bolt in place of my current struts(or if I could buy n-body air struts and put them in place of my stockers)?

Either that, or is there a way to use my current struts with an air ride system.. such as a universal bag that takes the place of the spring or something?

I know this all sounds pretty nooby but I'm getting into areas that I haven't been before in working on cars.
Thanks for the hepl, if anyone can offer help!

pensacol
11-25-2007, 12:59 AM
I don't know if you still need this information or not, but the other models who's struts will fit your car are:

AURORA 98-99 Front

PARK AVENUE 98-03 Front

RIVIERA 98-99 Front