PDA

View Full Version : This is weird check htis out.

QuadPioneer
03-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Im looking at building a front loaded sub box for my 4 12" pioneers. And according to winisp, its better to make two seperate boxes, or have a divider in the middle, to have two subs in there own chambers. And since im going ported at 38hz it made a pretty big difference.

Tek
03-26-2003, 01:54 PM
I think its normally suggested to put subs in separate chambers, that way if one of them blows, the one that still works doesn't blow also if its a large box.

pburt
03-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tek
I think its normally suggested to put subs in separate chambers, that way if one of them blows, the one that still works doesn't blow also if its a large box.

will also allow you to pinpoint the blown sub

Bumpin03
03-27-2003, 03:24 PM
not like its real hard to go back there and watch them to see which one is blown....but i guess you are right. they have their own air if they are seperate...rather then sharing air. technically one sub could use the other subs air....making it uneven. Even though usually the subs are identical and will use the same amount. Its not a huge deal...but its better to have seperate chambers.

pburt
03-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bumpin03
not like its real hard to go back there and watch them to see which one is blown....but i guess you are right. they have their own air if they are seperate...rather then sharing air. technically one sub could use the other subs air....making it uneven. Even though usually the subs are identical and will use the same amount. Its not a huge deal...but its better to have seperate chambers.

ok?? you got 2 subs in the same air space and one blows, HTF you gonna know which one it is by looking?? both subs are gonna be moving.