PDA

View Full Version : Shows

Nismofreak
10-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Well the season is over. I was wondering if anyone knows if we are gonna have any db drag shows next year. We need more people. We only had like 12 competitors at a 3x show which was in September. I was hoping that we will try to have more people at next years show if it happens. Does anyone know if we will have a db season next year?
Tom

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Tom, I'm not sure if anyone is going to do the dB Drag format shows. I'll be having some shows at my shop, dates unknown as of now, but there will be some events of some sort. You are right though, we need more interest in our sport, we need to make the events fun for everyone, competitors and spectators alike. If the non-competitors think what we do is lame, we will never create more interest from the on lookers. We need to have bass race type events, drive by competitions, something to get everyday drivers cars excited about being part of something. Lets face it, for the average non dB Drag guy, test tones are pretty much lame. Yes, they are great for dB guys, but for the guy like me..we want MUSIC, thats what they spent their money for, to play the Michael Jackson, Cierra, R-Kelly and even Lincoln Park... Hell even Country for that matter.. But hey...thats just my feelings on the sport in Colorado.

See Y'all next season!
Mike

Nismofreak
10-29-2007, 12:55 AM
well tell us when you shop makes so shows. Please make one soon....lol. Hope we can keep this hobby alive in Co but people just got tired because no results where posted, trophies, photos, etc on the db drag website in which I think people got pissed off and sort of got out of the hobby

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I know..no postings was the second major **** off, the first was lack of professionalism by the host, late starts, excuse after excuse...blah blah blah...same ol' song and dance. IF there are any dB Drag format shows, whoever does it needs to be on their "A" game at ALL times. Its a reflection of the competitors as well as the one in "charge", EVERYONE looks bad. When I get dates set everyone will know.

Mike

Nismofreak
10-29-2007, 01:12 AM
lol... after june no results where posted and no trophies where ever given out..so pretty much we paid $30 to use the meter lol....this does not relate to steve007 lol

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah, that was pretty dirty on his end..or should I say lazy? Hell average show turned out what, 6 people? The reason for not posting was "no time to add captions to the pictures" ??WTF?? there is six cars.. almost always the same people...hell copy and paste the caption and pic, just post the numbers, how **** hard can it be??

anyway...08 I think will hold good turn outs. I'm gunna do what I can to get my clientèle involved with us. At least get their cars to be there for eye candy. lol

azimuth
10-29-2007, 01:32 AM
i'd go. i went to 1 here as a spectator and it was pretty lame.

Nismofreak
10-29-2007, 01:33 AM
HAHA
he only posted one result and he was forced to. How hard is it to post 6 results lol...o well I wanna see his soundstorm system he has....lol...bet he used that money from comps on it HAHA

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 01:39 AM

In the 07 season, if you were at one show, you were at all of 'em. Same guys, same cars same late start different excuse though.. gahhh you got me back to talkin junk about 07 again. 08 baby..its all about 08!! hahaha

Nismofreak
10-29-2007, 01:41 AM
In the 07 season, if you were at one show, you were at all of 'em. Same guys, same cars same late start different excuse though.. gahhh you got me back to talkin junk about 07 again. 08 baby..its all about 08!! hahaha
yah that is if we get alot of people...lol but I have a feeling 08 will rock..

azimuth
10-29-2007, 01:43 AM

we'll see. i'll be there if i can make some decent money plowing this winter. i wouldn't bring my system anywhere the way it sits right now.

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 01:48 AM
we'll see. i'll be there if i can make some decent money plowing this winter. i wouldn't bring my system anywhere the way it sits right now.

start by un-sealing that box, let those subs breath. Sealed boxes are for womens cars. :spank:

azimuth
10-29-2007, 01:53 AM
start by un-sealing that box, let those subs breath. Sealed boxes are for womens cars. :spank:

the 2 type r's are louder sealed than 1 of them ported. i've tried several ported boxes and can't get the output from 1. i will port both of them, but i was hoping to learn how to work with fiberglass to get a better custom fit in my extended cab. chances are though, that i will be rollin' up with a good old fashioned mdf square.

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 01:54 AM

Me too, 08 will be a lot better. I might even have something other then than the BURBAN. huh? what? something different?? MMhMMM you heard me.. maybe. haha depends on my $$ situation. maybe I will build a sound storm system too. haha I mean after all...who REALLY needs good equipment like the kicker stuff I run now? I'll use 6 15" sound storms, a Lanzar 6 kilowatt amp and 2 dura-cell 9 volt batteries in series for that mad wicked 18 volt system!! WTF?? what time is it? I think I'm getting delirious!!

Pyro_By_Nature
10-29-2007, 01:56 AM

Which show?

The ones toward the end of the year ****** IMO.

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 01:56 AM
the 2 type r's are louder sealed than 1 of them ported. i've tried several ported boxes and can't get the output from 1. i will port both of them, but i was hoping to learn how to work with fiberglass to get a better custom fit in my extended cab. chances are though, that i will be rollin' up with a good old fashioned mdf square.

old school mdf is hard to beat... if you need a hand let me know. I dont mind lending a hand every now and again.

Pyro_By_Nature
10-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Tom, I'm not sure if anyone is going to do the dB Drag format shows. I'll be having some shows at my shop, dates unknown as of now, but there will be some events of some sort. You are right though, we need more interest in our sport, we need to make the events fun for everyone, competitors and spectators alike. If the non-competitors think what we do is lame, we will never create more interest from the on lookers. We need to have bass race type events, drive by competitions, something to get everyday drivers cars excited about being part of something. Lets face it, for the average non dB Drag guy, test tones are pretty much lame. Yes, they are great for dB guys, but for the guy like me..we want MUSIC, thats what they spent their money for, to play the Michael Jackson, Cierra, R-Kelly and even Lincoln Park... Hell even Country for that matter.. But hey...thats just my feelings on the sport in Colorado.

See Y'all next season!
Mike

FINALLY! Someone who wants to actually do bassrace.

Burping got old :(

azimuth
10-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Which show?

The ones toward the end of the year ****** IMO.

it was in 05. i remember you making comment earlier this year about 1. was it at the paladium?

azimuth
10-29-2007, 02:05 AM
old school mdf is hard to beat... if you need a hand let me know. I dont mind lending a hand every now and again.

i work with mdf pretty well. it's fiberglassing that scares me.

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 02:08 AM
FINALLY! Someone who wants to actually do bassrace.

Burping got old :(

I never did burp.. I have always been about bass race but couldn't get Mr, all o-mighty to run it at his events.

Pyro_By_Nature
10-29-2007, 02:10 AM
lol... after june no results where posted and no trophies where ever given out..so pretty much we paid $30 to use the meter lol....this does not relate to steve007 lol

What the ****ing hell are you talking about, no trophies? I got like 5 of them lined up from this year, and it was $20 a show, $30 for the double point iirc.

Get your **** straight dude. No results were EVER posted up, with one minor exception. Even from the last few shows last year. There were results posted for ONE person, at a few events this year. No pics. past June.

Not a defense for anyone, but try keeping your facts straight.

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 02:11 AM
i work with mdf pretty well. it's fiberglassing that scares me.

Dont let the glass scare ya brotha, just get in and get it done..its really only hard when you wanna make the enclosure removable, too much molding and there is no way to slid the bastich outta the car/truck.

Pyro_By_Nature
10-29-2007, 02:15 AM
I never did burp.. I have always been about bass race but couldn't get Mr, all o-mighty to run it at his events.

In the beginning of the year I was asking him about it, he said maybe.Middle of the season, he calls "everyone" and asks their opinions on bassrace. Then he said everyone liked the shows the way they were *cough* bullshit *cough*. :laugh:

At least that's in the past though.Been wanting to do bassrace for a while :D

azimuth
10-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Dont let the glass scare ya brotha, just get in and get it done..its really only hard when you wanna make the enclosure removable, too much molding and there is no way to slid the bastich outta the car/truck.

i'm gonna start with pods first and move up to sub enclosure from there. we'll see how deformed of a box i can conjure. :scared:

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 02:21 AM
In the beginning of the year I was asking him about it, he said maybe.Middle of the season, he calls "everyone" and asks their opinions on bassrace. Then he said everyone liked the shows the way they were *cough* bullshit *cough*.

At least that's in the past though.Been wanting to do bassrace for a while :D

Me too, I did the IASCA bass boxing @ the worthless NOPI event, my first ever with music I didnt know, and pulled a 152.3 right after doing my 153.3 (i think) idBl so I kinda liked it. :)

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 02:23 AM
i'm gonna start with pods first and move up to sub enclosure from there. we'll see how deformed of a box i can conjure. :scared:

Personally I think the smaller panels are more difficult, especially pods..they gotta kinda match. haha

Pyro_By_Nature
10-29-2007, 02:43 AM
What brand alarms do you guys carry?

ALL THAT BASS
10-29-2007, 02:45 AM
For the longest time all we carried was DEI, but after so many failed 2 way remotes, I changed over to AUTOPAGE.

Nismofreak
10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
What the ****ing hell are you talking about, no trophies? I got like 5 of them lined up from this year, and it was $20 a show, $30 for the double point iirc.

Get your **** straight dude. No results were EVER posted up, with one minor exception. Even from the last few shows last year. There were results posted for ONE person, at a few events this year. No pics. past June.

Not a defense for anyone, but try keeping your facts straight.

I was meaning after june he stopped. after the lakewood show....LOL.....that is when I started competting was in septemeber and didn't get any trophies....

duece212
11-03-2007, 09:40 PM
I said this sametime last year, but I'm going to try and actually have something worthwhile by show time next year. Won't be worth a **** for anything db drag style because of the build, but could be fun for a low class bassrace. Building for my own enjoyment and daily music, won't be stupid loud but could be fun non the less.

Luckily now I have two bikes so I won't be as tempted to offload all my equipment to buy one like I did this spring :(

ALL THAT BASS
11-06-2007, 01:29 AM
I honestly dont foresee a big "dB drag" turn out next year, bass race and other events of the sort will be more popular with the Colorado crowd I think . I personally never liked the whole test tone burp thing, but I'm sure everyone already knew that. :)

duece212
11-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I honestly dont foresee a big "dB drag" turn out next year, bass race and other events of the sort will be more popular with the Colorado crowd I think . I personally never liked the whole test tone burp thing, but I'm sure everyone already knew that. :)

It is what it is, somepeople build for the tones and some for the bassrace, heck alot build to not compete at all.

As a business though I could see bassrace/demo type stuff bringing alot more people to you than straight drag. It allows people to realize what can be done with the music they listen to everyday.

got_focus?
11-06-2007, 11:22 PM
not sure of everyone's screen names here, but this is Colin....I *HAD* the silver focus at the last show with 2 9515s and the IA 40.1 I took first place that night at Circuit City....

Anyway, I moved out here from WI (where db drag is a hell of a lot bigger) and I have never done tones before until I met Steve, haha......I am all about music, like you, Mike. Posting a number out of a fart box doesn't get me wet......but when you can play Thriller and be heard from the **** interstate....now THAT is appealing.

I think the biggest problem is that the numbers the TL puts up are based off of higher frequencies. Now to me, I have heard some 60+ cars (TL) before, and it wasn't nearly as loud as Mike's burban....why you ask? Because there is acoustics to go along with the head splitting bass.

As you can see, I am now driving a Range Rover, which will be built for just a loud *** daily....should be pretty nice.

I look forward to see you all next year!

Pics of what the focus ended life as -
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4746/colin1eq9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6866/colin2ty6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

New ride -
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5050/img2842bq6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Also, Mike, you have a PM

duece212
11-06-2007, 11:25 PM
oh **** that *****, nice new ride though!

got_focus?
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
have I met you, duece?

duece212
11-06-2007, 11:28 PM
have I met you, duece?

Nope, I was plannin on hittin some shows this past summer but seemed like every show I was either out riding or camping and fishin.

ALL THAT BASS
11-07-2007, 04:07 AM
It is what it is, somepeople build for the tones and some for the bassrace, heck alot build to not compete at all.

As a business though I could see bassrace/demo type stuff bringing alot more people to you than straight drag. It allows people to realize what can be done with the music they listen to everyday.

I agree, it is what it is. And from what I've seen over the past few years, the dB drag circuit in Co. is not as strong as it once was, it has alot to do with how the shows are ran, but not entirely. I just think Colorado as a whole is geared more towards ground pounding sub sonic frequencies, making the SUB-woofer do what it is intended to do.. play the LOW stuff, and play it all day long, The burban can play all day at a consistent high volume, at idle, and still play a 153 in the lane with no cool down time, Thats the stuff that Colorado bass heads want, not a one note wonder competition. I've been criticized all year long because I wont play tones, some even think the burban CAN'T play tones..it can, and will do the same number, why? because the system was designed to play EVERYTHING. R&B, RAP, Rock, country, techno, spanish music and yes even Michael Jackson...name it, bring it I'll play it, but please dont ask me to play a test tone, a 35hz note is gunna shake the truck as much as Cierra does..why? because the bass notes in that song are 35 hz. its not magic, its just science. haha

Colin, thanks for the props. Its much appreciated.
Mike

ALL THAT BASS
11-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Ohh Colin, I forgot to mention, I Like the new whip, I did a 98 range with 2 9917's powered by 2 US Amps 2000X's and the truck was stupid loud, of course it was an everyday driver, so it was basicly a smaller version of the burban, played every type of music you could throw at it, and play it all day long. It was featured in Todays SUV back in June of 2001.