PDA

View Full Version : Building Wall Software

AWDTSi
10-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I have always been a fan of walls and especially the clamshell type configurations as shown in the picture below. Is there anykind of software that designs the clamshell type configurations? I want to build a wall exactly like the one shown in the picture to house 8 15's like that one does. Any tips on how to do it? That one was in an isuzu hombre.

I am real handy at building stuff and can build it, just looking to get the design somehow.

PSturmer
10-21-2007, 11:26 PM
area of a triangle = .5 * (base) * (height)

with that right there and the combined knowledge of a standard ported box and the completion of 10th grade geometry its able to be done no problem.

since you know width you can just take a cross-sectional view and find the needed area and dimensions of that. and thats all there is to, just summarized a little bit.

AWDTSi
10-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Thats what I was wondering.... You can design it then with just two angled enclosures, one gets flipped upside down and goes on top of the other one?

area of a triangle = .5 * (base) * (height)

with that right there and the combined knowledge of a standard ported box and the completion of 10th grade geometry its able to be done no problem.

since you know width you can just take a cross-sectional view and find the needed area and dimensions of that. and thats all there is to, just summarized a little bit.

PSturmer
10-21-2007, 11:50 PM
you are correct. the one in the picture is very easy cuz its sealed. with a port it gets harder, but its still relatively easy.

BassBallin
10-22-2007, 12:43 AM
is a box like that louder than say a regular square box with the same subs in it?

PSturmer
10-22-2007, 08:08 AM
its install dependent

galacticmonkey
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah, Just build a shell, like a regular wall. Top, bottom, sides, and back. Then just take 2 Pieces of wood and put them in at an angle as baffles. Just find out the angle they need to be to get the airspace you need. Make sure its all braced and strong, because you dont want that top one flexin and breaking screws. If you break some screws that you mount the sub with and its a top sub, the sub will definately fall out.

Thats a clamshell Big Mike built a long time ago. Even with just 8 Kicker Comp 15s it was still doin a 158-159 on the AC meter with a sealed box and a couple hundred RMS a woofer. It was actually built to do SQ.

AWDTSi
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks.. Yeah Big Mike built that one. I actually looked at the truck it was in this weekend. It was definitely some quality work. It definetly hit really good, and sounded good with that Take My Breathe away song that was posted on here, all with just two power Acoustik 3000.1 amps.

I was trying to find some other pictures of other clamshell installs but no luck.. anyone have any other pictures of some

Yeah, Just build a shell, like a regular wall. Top, bottom, sides, and back. Then just take 2 Pieces of wood and put them in at an angle as baffles. Just find out the angle they need to be to get the airspace you need. Make sure its all braced and strong, because you dont want that top one flexin and breaking screws. If you break some screws that you mount the sub with and its a top sub, the sub will definately fall out.

Thats a clamshell Big Mike built a long time ago. Even with just 8 Kicker Comp 15s it was still doin a 158-159 on the AC meter with a sealed box and a couple hundred RMS a woofer. It was actually built to do SQ.

iamamp3pimp
10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
what part of fl are you in?

AWDTSi
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Tampa as well....

iamamp3pimp
10-23-2007, 02:40 AM
hmmm....

xtremebassjunky
10-23-2007, 02:48 AM
:p:

htownplaya456
10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZifrYjwRy8

Hope that helps. I just really like the video. I'd really like to build one of those enclosures too.