PDA

View Full Version : 2 MAW 15's Box Design. What do you think

JLJunkieMX107
10-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Just got another MAW 15 so i need to make a new box. Going to be 6 cubes and ported to 30hz. The amp pushing these will be the Cadence TXA-1000D. Anyways, the dimensions in the sketch up arent exact, just a general idea. They will be in a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo and facing toward the back of the trunk. Think it will sound pretty good?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa32/Codyford87/15box.jpg

ThatChevyGuy
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
do they have to be that angled?

JLJunkieMX107
10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
They dont have to be. Only reason i designed it like that is because they would not have much room to resonate off the back of the trunk. The way they are in the above design they will fire into the open corners of the trunk and hopefully resonate better.

bryce-man
10-20-2007, 12:41 PM
only 500w per 15?
why not more... hehe

JLJunkieMX107
10-20-2007, 12:55 PM
They are only 500 rms and its for a daily driver setup. Plus the Cadence amps are on sale for $199 shipped:D

bryce-man
10-20-2007, 01:15 PM
alrighty then!
haha didnt know they were only 500rms

PV Audio
10-20-2007, 05:12 PM
How can we possibly tell you if it's good without knowing the dimensions, tuning, size or vehicle?

JLJunkieMX107
10-21-2007, 12:41 AM
read the first post:thumbupw:

PSturmer
10-21-2007, 01:36 AM
i'd make sure the port has room to breath and i put 45 degree pieces in both back corner. and i'd also make the front flat with a double baffle.

PV Audio
10-21-2007, 12:38 PM
read the first post:thumbupw::confused: You cannot know anything that I listed without knowing the dimensions. I could say that I am going to make a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 25hz in "some space", but it doesn't matter because if the space will not allow what I'm thinking, it's irrelevant. SketchUp is not made to design enclosures, it's merely made to model them AFTER they're designed. I don't know why people don't realize that yet.

Immacomputer
10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Having the subs fire close to the trunk helps them load off of it and it is almost always good for extra output. I don't know if you have any idea what you're saying about them "resonating off of the trunk" or whatever but I believe you're just pulling **** out of your ***.

JLJunkieMX107
10-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Having the subs fire close to the trunk helps them load off of it and it is almost always good for extra output. I don't know if you have any idea what you're saying about them "resonating off of the trunk" or whatever but I believe you're just pulling **** out of your ***.
Well obviously I dont know completely what I am talking about or else I would not be asking these questions would I?

JLJunkieMX107
10-21-2007, 01:55 PM
:confused: You cannot know anything that I listed without knowing the dimensions. I could say that I am going to make a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 25hz in "some space", but it doesn't matter because if the space will not allow what I'm thinking, it's irrelevant. SketchUp is not made to design enclosures, it's merely made to model them AFTER they're designed. I don't know why people don't realize that yet.

Maybe you should realize the question. I am not asking if these exact parameters are going to work. I am asking if that basic design will work effectively in a trunk.

vasilios
10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Well obviously I dont know completely what I am talking about or else I would not be asking these questions would I? Jack ***.

Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups :crap:

Immacomputer
10-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Well obviously I dont know completely what I am talking about or else I would not be asking these questions would I? Jack ***.

I was trying to help you. If you didn't know, you shouldn't be saying it. These two lines make you sound like you have it figured out:
"Only reason i designed it like that is because they would not have much room to resonate off the back of the trunk. The way they are in the above design they will fire into the open corners of the trunk and hopefully resonate better."

Maybe next time you should ask. And I also agree 100% with PV Audio and I also think it would be best to use the trunk lid as something for the subs to load off of.

PV Audio
10-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Well obviously I dont know completely what I am talking about or else I would not be asking these questions would I? Jack ***.I'm surprised you've lasted since June with this kind of attitude. The people like Imma who know what they're talking about come in to help you, and you chastise them? Genius and a half.

JLJunkieMX107
10-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I was trying to help you. If you didn't know, you shouldn't be saying it. These two lines make you sound like you have it figured out:
"Only reason i designed it like that is because they would not have much room to resonate off the back of the trunk. The way they are in the above design they will fire into the open corners of the trunk and hopefully resonate better."

Maybe next time you should ask. And I also agree 100% with PV Audio and I also think it would be best to use the trunk lid as something for the subs to load off of.

My apologies for coming off on you like that. I was under the thinking that i could load the subs off the corners of the trunk just as you can off the back of it. I am going to redesign it so the subs and ports are facing straight back.

dtavano
10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Wouldn't the angling also screw you out of some constructive interference?

jeremiah
10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I think it's going to be loud