PDA

View Full Version : port clearance concern

DeuceLee
10-20-2007, 09:41 AM
i got a 6 inch pvc port but only got 3.5" of clearance in the rear...how bad is this?

how badly is this going to affect the performance?

i recall someone with a 8 inch port with a single 8" and there was like 3 or 4 inches of clearance in the rear...

i've always heard about having as much clearance as the diameter of your port as well...

:confused::(:crazy::wow::crap:

Mr Cabinetry
10-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, the known " standard " is whatever the diameter of the port, that would/should be the clearance allowed for. However, that would be in a " perfect " world if that were possible, but, 3.5" will do the trick and you will not notice any issue's with performance.

Also, it's always a good idea to provide some support for the port inside the enclosure to minimize it vibrating.

DeuceLee
10-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Well, the known " standard " is whatever the diameter of the port, that would/should be the clearance allowed for. However, that would be in a " perfect " world if that were possible, but, 3.5" will do the trick and you will not notice any issue's with performance.

Also, it's always a good idea to provide some support for the port inside the enclosure to minimize it vibrating.

cool thanks bro...