PDA

View Full Version : Door panel design help needed

00RedRT
10-18-2007, 11:08 PM
OK, I'll start with equipment I'm going to be using. The Dynaudio 362 setup. The tweets will be on the A-pillars, the dome mids will be in the kickpanels, and the 8" midbass will be in the bottom front of the doors.

The tweets and domes I have no problem with fabbing up those areas. But the midbass I'm having problems with. I could easily mount a baffle to the metal of the door and install the factory door panel back over the 8" midbass for a clean factory look. But the factory grille is angled towards the floor ie not optimum for SQ.

Also the factory tweeter grille is located on the door panel so I'd like that to go away as well. The door panel is all one piece molded plastic, so I don't even have the benefit of taking apart the lower half or anything. So I guess I'm wondering if I should glass over the whole door? Glass just a speaker pod area for the 8"? Any other design ideas?

Take a look at the picture below as you will see the door panel and the challenge I have before me....

http://www.sidewindercustoms.com/images/pictures/sw16.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help/design ideas!

miker
10-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Nice car. I wouldn't touch it...

Flipx99
10-19-2007, 12:06 AM
I go two way so you wouldn't have to modify anything.

I think there is a 162GT series that would drop right in.

dB-SPL
10-19-2007, 02:47 AM
Just get a 5.25 or 6.5 2-way comp set. After all, it's the woofer that's aiming toward the floor, you get to choose where the tweeter goes..

-Bill-

Pimpdaddyq
10-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Yea i would do what you already plan on doing, but just drop that mid in and don't worry about it facing more towards the floor..

I mean yea SQ won't be as good as you could make it, but unless you are 110% confident on what your doing, and KNOW how to do it, I would leave it and keep the clean look without messing something up..

Either way, nice truck, good luck with the install man, post pics!

Andrew

req
10-19-2007, 03:54 AM
picture no worky.

99dango
10-19-2007, 04:00 AM
in my durango i pulled the tweeter grill out, mad the hole big enough to flush mount my rsd6.5 component tweeters and called it a day...sounds pretty good actually.

req
10-19-2007, 04:24 AM
you could take the door panel off and look at the back side of the grille. sometimes they use melt rivets to keep them in place, if its moulded into the panel, your only bet is to cut it off.

prolly just flush the tweet in place of the grill, cut a hole and flush a dome in that empty area below it, and then cut a hole in the panel and build some .3cube pods at the base of the door and paint to match the cool red **** on the buttons.

least thats what i would do :)

audiobahnuser18
10-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Very nice interior by the way though man very nice:D:).

req
10-19-2007, 05:04 AM
this is a crappy mock up, but yea.

its 10 minutes in PS.

http://i24.tinypic.com/296myb9.jpg