PDA

View Full Version : Focal K2P

mlstrass
10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Had some time to kill, so stopped in a local Tweeter and listened to the Focal K2P speakers. Obviously can't go 100% by how they sound on a board, but I was quite impressed by them. Getting around 125watts per side, sounded very clean & detailed and got quite loud. Midbass was solid and tweeters had a very nice sound to them. I've seen them for around $500 online and I preferred them over the higher end Bostons I've heard.

But Tweeter wanted $1200 for them :crazy:

Echo42987
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes they do want a high amount for them. Where in IL do you live, most of the tweeters have gone out of business?

Was there a particular question you were asking in regards to the Focal speakers? Besides there amazing?

-Nick-

tbasile1
10-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I love Focals!!!!!!

The K2Ps are amazingly :yumyum:

mlstrass
10-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes they do want a high amount for them. Where in IL do you live, most of the tweeters have gone out of business?

Was there a particular question you were asking in regards to the Focal speakers? Besides there amazing?

-Nick-

I'm in Beach Park, and stopped by the one in Vernon Hills. Gurnee Mills store closed a few months back, but this one is going to stay open they said.

No question, just commenting on them. Wasn't enough to make me want to scrap when I have though. For $190 my comps do quite well ;)

zeuolaxxx
10-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I preferred them over the higher end Bostons I've heard.

But Tweeter wanted $1200 for them :crazy:

I will buy between focal k2p or boston acoustic z6... What would suggest and why???

mlstrass
10-20-2007, 02:10 AM
I actually heard the Boston's last month, again at a store in a sound board, so no idea how they were EQ'd, etc... Wasn't very impressed at all. Got very loud, but sounded shrilly, overly bright. Again it could just be the HU settings that was hooked up to them.

The Focals sounded MUCH better IMO, but you need to demo both pairs as only your ears can decide what you like.

zeuolaxxx
10-20-2007, 02:20 AM
I actually heard the Boston's last month, again at a store in a sound board, so no idea how they were EQ'd, etc... Wasn't very impressed at all. Got very loud, but sounded shrilly, overly bright. Again it could just be the HU settings that was hooked up to them.

The Focals sounded MUCH better IMO, but you need to demo both pairs as only your ears can decide what you like.

ok.. the problem is that here in my country whe don't have stores that sells speakers.. :S so if you can help me.. It will help me a lot :P

Echo42987
10-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Just get either pair to be honest. I've ran both and loved both pairs.

I do enjoy the Focals a lot more but they were put into a different application comparing to the bostons.

-Nick-

zeuolaxxx
10-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Just get either pair to be honest. I've ran both and loved both pairs.

I do enjoy the Focals a lot more but they were put into a different application comparing to the bostons.

-Nick-

both are good I know... but what component has the detail, crisp and loud..