PDA

View Full Version : down to two choices...

OmegaBunny
10-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok I am down to 2 choices for comps and amp. Now I need help choosing.

I was going to go with the Boston SL60's front and rear, with a Profile 80 x 4 amp. But after reading numerous threads and recommendations, I am now considering the PG RSD65cs front and rear, with a Kicker zx650.4, 120w x 4. Which out of these sets would have the cleaner, deeper midbass and smoother tweets?

Before I order, I want to be 100% sure (or as close as I can without listening to them) that I get the set that would be best suited for my taste. I listen to mostly classis rock, rock, alternative, and punk (not the crap new stuff). I am unable to listen to either set of speakers so please tell me why one is prefered over the other. I have heard good reviews for both set, but would like some input as a comparison.

The Boston's and profile amp are $474 shipped
The PG's and kicker amp are $417 shipped
All prices via eBay

Eventually I will be picking up a Kenwood DNX7100 HU and I have a 10" Alpine type R, box, and 500w mono amp in my dining room. So I would like the sound to mix very well.

Thanks for any help!

UCF52
10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I have the RSd's with about 140w a side and they are awesome. I have never heard the SL60's but, Kicker > profile and 120w > 80w. The RSd's are a good set for the money.

Glock23
10-17-2007, 11:05 PM
have you thought about mmats? i now love mmat comps they are so clear sounding even with a factory deck!

OmegaBunny
10-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I have never heard of mmats, but looking at them, they might be a little out of my price range. The prices above are for the amp and 2 sets of comps.

I live in a very small area with one audio shop and they really only push Bostons and JL. I was up there the other day to listen to the Sl60's and he didn't have any in. I am not sure how long until he restocks them. I like BA, but since I cannot listen to them first I want to get some opinions before purchasing.

Also, please offer up and other ideas. I am new to this car audio thing. I am only used to brands that are sold on Crutchfield, and have not heard of most of the brand mentioned on these forums.

Macklessdaddy
10-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I have never heard of mmats, but looking at them, they might be a little out of my price range. The prices above are for the amp and 2 sets of comps.

I live in a very small area with one audio shop and they really only push Bostons and JL. I was up there the other day to listen to the Sl60's and he didn't have any in. I am not sure how long until he restocks them. I like BA, but since I cannot listen to them first I want to get some opinions before purchasing.

Also, please offer up and other ideas. I am new to this car audio thing. I am only used to brands that are sold on Crutchfield, and have not heard of most of the brand mentioned on these forums.

uh y u need 2 sets of comps?

OmegaBunny
10-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Set for the front and for the rear. Should I go wiuth a set of comps and a set of coax?

UCF52
10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Set for the front and for the rear. Should I go wiuth a set of comps and a set of coax?

If you have a coupe then you will only need one set of components - sink your money into a really nice set. If you have a four door then it's up to you, but either way you shouldn't need two sets of components. Most will say to try one set of components and run no rear fill and then if you want it (for passengers) then run a set of coax's off of the HU power.

Macklessdaddy
10-17-2007, 11:42 PM
If you have a coupe then you will only need one set of components - sink your money into a really nice set. If you have a four door then it's up to you, but either way you shouldn't need two sets of components. Most will say to try one set of components and run no rear fill and then if you want it (for passengers) then run a set of coax's off of the HU power.

x2 as i drive a 4 door sedan and my comps fill the cabin with mucho noise ,combine that budget for 1 real nice comp set so you wont be trying to upgrade next week,trust me a properly amped set of comps will do you good.

OmegaBunny
10-17-2007, 11:45 PM
I have a 4 door and I thought about only running speakers in the front, but I have people in the back seat all the time, and they all love music. But I may check out a nicer set of comp, amp'd and a set of nice but cheaper coax for the rear doors and run them off the HU. Maybe I just need to get some deaf friends.

Also, too bad UCS didn't beat USF, would have been much better for West Virginia!

OmegaBunny
10-17-2007, 11:58 PM
What about these for the fronts...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4596 with
150w going to them.

UCF52
10-18-2007, 12:07 AM
I have a 4 door and I thought about only running speakers in the front, but I have people in the back seat all the time, and they all love music. But I may check out a nicer set of comp, amp'd and a set of nice but cheaper coax for the rear doors and run them off the HU. Maybe I just need to get some deaf friends.

Also, too bad UCS didn't beat USF, would have been much better for West Virginia!

x2 on the deaf friends, lol. Yea, your best bet is a nice front comp set and some decent rear fill off of HU power.

and yes I was pissed when we lost to USF (I was there - it was brutal!). we have/had the nations leading rusher (Kevin Smith) and was playing fairly well in big games (35-32 loss to Texas), but oh well.

What about these for the fronts...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4596 with
150w going to them.

I considered the CDT's when I was looking around, but I heard some mixed reviews about them and decided the price tag wasn't worth it when compared to the RSd's. You should search around for component sets in your range and hopefully some others will chip in with some options.

OmegaBunny
10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
The RSD's seem like a good choice given power handling, reviews, and price. So I will probably go with them.

*edit*

and probably pick up a 160w amp and set it for between 140 and 150 watts. South Florida has a good team, but they are so overrated. WVU just didn't show up at all that game. I have no idea where they were at.

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Hey why Not go with AD600r 6 inch splits for the front Ad6 6"splits in the rear.

A Steg QMOS11, 105.4 4ch for them all or even a 120.2 2ch for the front and a 75.2 for the rear.
You will get amazing sound and the price isnt that bad,:greedy: quite cheap considering the quality:veryhapp:
IMO some of the best gear you can get except of course the K compitition which is more expensive also they are all BNIB any way thtas my thought pm if you want some more info m8
Audio Master

tcguy85
10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
i will have to say get the PG RSD's. i just put a set in along with a kicker zx550.2 and it is sweet. it sounds amazing! i am in love!

and about rear fill. i do have my headunit powering the rears but they are faded pretty low and i don't even notice them being on. so in my case the front alone is enough but in a bigger car you might want a lil rear fill. depends on the car and up to you in the end.

OmegaBunny
10-18-2007, 12:17 AM
I have never heard of them. What can you tell be about 'em?

*AD I mean*

I have a dodge caliber, so it has a decent size cabin. What do you recommend as a rear fill?

Macklessdaddy
10-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey why Not go with AD600r 6 inch splits for the front Ad6 6"splits in the rear.

A Steg QMOS11, 105.4 4ch for them all or even a 120.2 2ch for the front and a 75.2 for the rear.
You will get amazing sound and the price isnt that bad,:greedy: quite cheap considering the quality:veryhapp:
IMO some of the best gear you can get except of course the K compitition which is more expensive also they are all BNIB any way thtas my thought pm if you want some more info m8
Audio Master

man hush wit all that , we are talking budget gear here.

UCF52
10-18-2007, 12:21 AM
The RSD's seem like a good choice given power handling, reviews, and price. So I will probably go with them.

*edit*

and probably pick up a 160w amp and set it for between 140 and 150 watts. South Florida has a good team, but they are so overrated. WVU just didn't show up at all that game. I have no idea where they were at.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the RSd's. And you should be able to give them 160 a side, but I left my gains a little lower until they broke in. There are a few who give them 170 and say they are fine.

And yes, South Florida is a bit overrated. The thing is everybody else is loosing so they look better than they are. You put an LSU, Ohio State, Florida, or an Oklahoma against USF and they would probably loose. Ill give them credit though for only being a program for 11 years and I think they have only been in D-1A for 4-5 years. Plus Florida is a breeding ground for football players, and many are going to South Florida because they know they will get playing time and they believe in their system and Jim Levitt ( <-- ****** coach).

UCF52
10-18-2007, 12:23 AM
btw, is your caliber an SRT?

UCF52
10-18-2007, 12:24 AM
i will have to say get the PG RSD's. i just put a set in along with a kicker zx550.2 and it is sweet. it sounds amazing! i am in love!

and about rear fill. i do have my headunit powering the rears but they are faded pretty low and i don't even notice them being on. so in my case the front alone is enough but in a bigger car you might want a lil rear fill. depends on the car and up to you in the end.

You should post a link to your review, I'm too lazy:)

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 12:47 AM
I have never heard of them. What can you tell be about 'em?

*AD I mean*

I have a dodge caliber, so it has a decent size cabin. What do you recommend as a rear fill?

Well the Ad is audio devlopment its a small italian company that make speakers, and they dont worry about price,
similar to what focal was before it went big. They are made in a sound lab in italy to very specific standars as the owner is a fanatic,
As for sound they are better than dynaudio and focal,
both of which we have (focal utopia and dyn esoteric i think it is)

I was amazed when I first heard them, also as price go they are heaps cheaper than most because the company is about sound not bucks,
obviously they make money but its more about
"perfect, acurate sound reproduction"
in other words they rock.
The ones that are the top of the line the MM are very expensive but the ad600r is very resonable.
Im sure you know about STEG Ill put in a link and up a pics as well of the comps that make up the ad600r also as far as rears the ad6cx coaxial is very good Ill put in a pic of that too any other info Im happy to help jsut pm me or email me
Audio Master:veryhapp:

http://www.audiodevelopment.it/eng/car/elencocar.html

OmegaBunny
10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Nah not an SRT, I have to worry about snow. I have an R/T AWD.

SF plays Rutger tomorrow at Rutgers. Should be a really good game. I like SF, mostly because they are doing so well for a young team. They are my second favorite team in the Big East. But they do not deserve to be ranked 2nd in the nation. ALmost any team in the PAC 10, SEC, and almost anyone in the Big 10 could beat them any given day.

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
man hush wit all that , we are talking budget gear here.

actually the Oz doller make this gear QMOS11 and the AD speakers budget gear everywhere else the rest of the world can thank the poor australian econamy. ( :laugh:LOL kinda :crying:)

OmegaBunny
10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
I will check them out.

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 12:51 AM
I hate that the ozzie dollar ***** it means I cant buy luxury stuff from overseas ohhh ho hum

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 12:53 AM
I will check them out.

If you want any prices let me know m8 happy to help I might even know a dealer closer than me
audio master
ps but he wont be as cheap

!!!!:rolleyes:SLapping myself on the hand for being cheeky:rolleyes:!!!!!

UCF52
10-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Nah not an SRT, I have to worry about snow. I have an R/T AWD.

SF plays Rutger tomorrow at Rutgers. Should be a really good game. I like SF, mostly because they are doing so well for a young team. They are my second favorite team in the Big East. But they do not deserve to be ranked 2nd in the nation. ALmost any team in the PAC 10, SEC, and almost anyone in the Big 10 could beat them any given day.

Yea, I just read a review about the SRT, so I figured I'd ask.

They say if SF can run the table they'll be in the BCS championship; Thats hard to believe. And yes, there are many teams that could beat them. That Rutgers game should be pretty good. I will say I think SF is not going to be a one year fluke. There is so much high school football talent in Florida and a lot of players want to go to SF, not just UM, UF, or FSU. In 5-10 years it should be interesting to see which teams in Florida are the powerhouses.

tbasile1
10-18-2007, 07:02 AM
RSds in front
Coaxials in the back(Pioneer REV would be nice :))

With a 2ch amp for the RSds and just run the coaxs off the HU, I think you mentioned a Profile amp earlier in the post?

http://www.millionbuy.com/prfap1000.html

For that price, thats a nice amp and will do the job nicely!

Like others mentioned, Kickers are nice too!

UCF52
10-18-2007, 10:34 AM
RSds in front
Coaxials in the back(Pioneer REV would be nice :))

With a 2ch amp for the RSds and just run the coaxs off the HU, I think you mentioned a Profile amp earlier in the post?

http://www.millionbuy.com/prfap1000.html

For that price, thats a nice amp and will do the job nicely!

Like others mentioned, Kickers are nice too!

x2

DejaWiz
10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey Omega, do you have a substage already or are you planning one?

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 02:19 PM
why would you run the rears of the deack even if you get a second hand amp it would sound better than that headunits speaker connects are for ppl who dont know what amps are i can put a whole system together 2 sets of speakers 1xsplits 1xcoax 2x amps1x 4ch and1x 2 ch for subs but no subs well possibly a 10 for about total 2800-3000aud which is cheaper in the state if you cant afford new amps go to the pawnbrokers like cash converters and see what they have I have a m8 who got a 138db suystem with 6"splits 6x9s a 4ch and a mono and 2x12" subs in a box for just under a grand AUD id rather do that and have the whole thing run it till it dies while i save for my real deal (you know steg and stuff hahaha)

DejaWiz
10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
why would you run the rears of the deck

Because it would screw up the sound stage by pulling it towards the rear of the vehicle.

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
if you use the right gear your comment is just wrong plain wron 25 watts to the rear speakers is just silly even in our SQ car we would never eevn consider that ampped all the way if you dont have an amp dont run the speakers the head unit is not meant to push that kinda power or dont you know about fires and such mate somtime check out what reall quality sound is you know adiophile quality the stuff you obviously not familuar with

dleccord
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
why would you run the rears of the deack even if you get a second hand amp it would sound better than that headunits speaker connects are for ppl who dont know what amps are i can put a whole system together 2 sets of speakers 1xsplits 1xcoax 2x amps1x 4ch and1x 2 ch for subs but no subs well possibly a 10 for about total 2800-3000aud which is cheaper in the state if you cant afford new amps go to the pawnbrokers like cash converters and see what they have I have a m8 who got a 138db suystem with 6"splits 6x9s a 4ch and a mono and 2x12" subs in a box for just under a grand AUD id rather do that and have the whole thing run it till it dies while i save for my real deal (you know steg and stuff hahaha)

wheres the punctuations???!!

DejaWiz
10-18-2007, 03:34 PM
if you use the right gear your comment is just wrong plain wron 25 watts to the rear speakers is just silly even in our SQ car we would never eevn consider that ampped all the way if you dont have an amp dont run the speakers the head unit is not meant to push that kinda power or dont you know about fires and such mate somtime check out what reall quality sound is you know adiophile quality the stuff you obviously not familuar with

Don't patronize me about not knowing what real audiophile grade equipment is. You know nothing about me. But here's a little tidbit: For me, the "right gear" is not running rear fill. I don't need to. :cool:

Seems all you've done since you've joined is try and push your products on everyone.

UCF52
10-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Seems all you've done since you've joined is try and push your products on everyone.

x2. You've made your suggestion, leave it at that. Your beginning to sound pretty desperate to get a sale.

tbasile1
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
x3

tcguy85
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
x4

OmegaBunny
10-18-2007, 08:56 PM
As far as a sub, I will be running a 10" Alpine Type R with a 500w mono amp. If it were not for people sitting in the rear a good bit, I not have anything running there. But I have people in the car a good bit, so I would to throw them something. Even if I have them running off the HU and have the fade set to the front when they are not in the car. Are the Rev's good?

As far as Athletes from Florida, I know how good they are. We have the best, #7 Noel Devine!

*edit*
I see the REV's. Should I go with a 6.5, 6x8, or 6x9? My car came with 6x9's

DejaWiz
10-18-2007, 08:58 PM
REVs are a great choice.

UCF52
10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
As far as a sub, I will be running a 10" Alpine Type R with a 500w mono amp. If it were not for people sitting in the rear a good bit, I not have anything running there. But I have people in the car a good bit, so I would to throw them something. Even if I have them running off the HU and have the fade set to the front when they are not in the car. Are the Rev's good?

Thats probably your best. And yes the Revs are a very nice pair of coax's.

As far as Athletes from Florida, I know how good they are. We have the best, #7 Noel Devine!

So you say, haha. No, he is a great player. I wish more of them would start coming to UCF :verymad:

REVs are a great choice.

x2

tbasile1
10-18-2007, 09:44 PM
REVs are really nice, so are RSds

Really couldnt go wrong with either choices.

:)

UCF52
10-18-2007, 09:53 PM
*edit*
I see the REV's. Should I go with a 6.5, 6x8, or 6x9? My car came with 6x9's

Most will agree that 6.5's are the best way to go, but you could probably get away with the 6x9's especially since you are powering them off of the headunit. I have heard the 6x8's and they sounded great. An mdf baffle is simple to make if you do decide to go with the 6.5's.

Plus, remember to seal and deaden your doors when you do the component install.

tbasile1
10-18-2007, 10:00 PM
6.5s :)

OmegaBunny
10-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I am planning to deaden the doors. I have never done it before. Is it hard? If I am only amping the front doors, do I need to deaden all four?

*edit*
I have read how to do it, but have never done it myself.

blacksatsc2
10-18-2007, 11:14 PM
I just picked up a pair of the SL60's last weekend running them with the JL A4300, and i love them i would recommend them to anyone. The highs are very clean, and the mids are tight and punchy. But on the amp side of things its no question. Kicker>Profile. My two cents.

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Don't patronize me about not knowing what real audiophile grade equipment is. You know nothing about me. But here's a little tidbit: For me, the "right gear" is not running rear fill. I don't need to. :cool:

depersperate:eek: I sell about $8000 in product a week part time :greedy:
when I offer advice to people about the products I have its cause I beleive in them not cause im hawking them.
they can take it or leave it there is such a thing as free will when ask for help I get one answer if im luky this place just seems to snub anyone who works in the trade of sales in car audio and before you say "we dont we just dont like people trying to sell all the time)
most everyone on here knows the quality of steg :veryhapp:
so I dont need to sell it m8 it sells itself I just offer a different avenue than the same old sh$t that everyone else hawks under the guise of info I mean isnt it better to have lots of ppl with excellent gear than only a few with it or is that how you like it being mr superior.
Get a life dude
and stop bagging me for trying to help people with good products just cause you cant afford to have them
Audio:mad: Master:verymad:

Audio Master
10-18-2007, 11:54 PM
ohh and anotherthingh i did sugest he try secondhand gear as a shot term so he didnt have to pay as much most of the thoughts on here are just that thoughts and opinions ive yet to see more than a few ppl who actually back up there comments with statistics

OmegaBunny
10-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Before I buy I'm going to check everything out as best I can. I appreciate the info and help provided by everyone. I live in an area where my selection is limited, so I am pretty much buying blind. Not really a position I want to be in, but its either that or stick with my stock gear. This goes for all brands; Boston, PG, Steg, Pioneer, etc...

UCF52
10-19-2007, 12:55 AM
If I was you I would go with something like this;

PG RSd65cs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PHOENIX-GOLD-6-5-240w-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS-RSD65CS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38646QQihZ017QQ itemZ270176540978QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) ~ $90
Pioneer Rev 6.5 (http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-TS-D601P-PREMIER-6-5-260W-REV-CAR-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQitemZ120173620107QQihZ002QQcategoryZ18799Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) ~ 90
Kicker KX450.2 (http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1458695/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046) ~ $180
or
Profile AP1200 (http://www.millionbuy.com/prfap1200.html) ~ $130

That puts you well under your budget. This will leave you with plenty of extra cash for sound deadener, wiring, etc.

Also, you could go with a stronger/higher quality amp if you have the cash; possibly an Alpine PDX 150.2 or something along those lines.

UCF52
10-19-2007, 01:10 AM
depersperate:eek: I sell about $8000 in product a week part time :greedy:
when I offer advice to people about the products I have its cause I beleive in them not cause im hawking them.
they can take it or leave it there is such a thing as free will when ask for help I get one answer if im luky this place just seems to snub anyone who works in the trade of sales in car audio and before you say "we dont we just dont like people trying to sell all the time)
most everyone on here knows the quality of steg :veryhapp:
so I dont need to sell it m8 it sells itself I just offer a different avenue than the same old sh$t that everyone else hawks under the guise of info I mean isnt it better to have lots of ppl with excellent gear than only a few with it or is that how you like it being mr superior.
Get a life dude
and stop bagging me for trying to help people with good products just cause you cant afford to have them
Audio:mad: Master:verymad:

I only said you seemed desperate. And I don't think anybody here really cares what your weekly sales are. I'm not trying to "bag" you, I was just stating that for the OP and others that are following the thread, it can get annoying to keep having to read your posts about you pushing your products.

I'm all for you offering advice and help as I'm sure the OP an others are, and I'm not suggesting you stop altogether, but try and leave the "salesman" in you out when replying.

UCF52
10-19-2007, 01:13 AM
ohh and anotherthingh i did sugest he try secondhand gear as a shot term so he didnt have to pay as much most of the thoughts on here are just that thoughts and opinions ive yet to see more than a few ppl who actually back up there comments with statistics

I believe that's what the OP asked for... thoughts and opinions :confused:

He has no access to listen to some of the suggested products first hand, so all he is going from is the thoughts and opinions of the said products.

DejaWiz
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
1. when I offer advice to people about the products I have its cause I beleive in them not cause im hawking them.

2. most everyone on here knows the quality of steg :veryhapp: so I dont need to sell it m8 it sells itself

3. I just offer a different avenue than the same old sh$t that everyone else hawks under the guise of info I mean isnt it better to have lots of ppl with excellent gear than only a few with it or is that how you like it being mr superior.

4. Get a life dude and stop bagging me for trying to help people with good products just cause you cant afford to have them

1. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But there are some things you should keep in mind when giving advice....

2. Yes, we certainly do know all about Steg. So what? They make good, solid amps. Just like a bunch of other companies out there. Fortunately, a lot of the other good, solid amplifiers that carry a much lighter price tag, so they are easier to recommend.....

3. Define what makes gear "excellent gear". This is purely subjective. You and I could run around saying that Steg is the greatest amp company and they make the greatest amps, but we will encounter those that will disagree with us. So no, I don't really care if there's a lot of people out there with the top of the line excellent gear or merely just a handful of them. It doesn't hurt or hinder me in any way.

I'm not about to recommend the flea-market grade crap to anyone; I never have and never will. I try to recommend good products that fit into whatever budget there is to work with. I think that's offering better service that telling everyone they need to get a life and just get the most expensive **** out there.

4. Why are you assuming that, because we am recommending more budget conscious gear, we can't afford elite gear? And what the hell does that have to do with any of this anyway? Why don't you revert back to post #1 of this thread and check what budget the OP has to work with. Now figure out if your elite gear recommendations fits that budget. Mmmm, nope.

You can badmouth us all you want, I don't care... this is ca.com, so it's really nothing we haven't read or encountered before. Please just be aware of how your conduct reflects on your character as a businessman to everyone that read the threads you involve yourself in.

genxx
10-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Very well said Dejawiz.

Audio Master-90&#37; of the guys that come on here are not looking to spend $2500-$3000. Just because you spend more money does not mean its the best out there. You can get some great stuff in the market now for a reasonable price.

For $1000-$1200 you can put together a **** nice system even going active with really good equipment.

Alpine 9887 $350.00, PG RSd $95.00, PG RSd 12" $130.00, Cadence TXA-3004 $129.00/TXA-1000D $199.00. Total $903.00--- See how that works. This will make most people plenty happy.

There is nothing wrong with selling stuff. You just keep pushing to hard. Stay within the OP budget in threads and make your recommendations. Then give some higher priced suggestions if you want and leave it at that unless you are addressed or want to make a comment about something listed.

You will have much better luck. Do a search and read some threads with 6spdcoupe, 3.5maxspd or premieraudio. They are all dealers and do great on here and they sell high-end stuff all the time like Rainbow, Dyn, Audison ect. Its about your attitude and how you are trying to help. You are only hurting yourself continuing on like you are.IMO

UCF52
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Very well said Dejawiz.

Audio Master-90% of the guys that come on here are not looking to spend $2500-$3000. Just because you spend more money does not mean its the best out there. You can get some great stuff in the market now for a reasonable price.

For $1000-$1200 you can put together a **** nice system even going active with really good equipment.

Alpine 9887 $350.00, PG RSd $95.00, PG RSd 12" $130.00, Cadence TXA-3004 $129.00/TXA-1000D $199.00. Total $903.00--- See how that works. This will make most people plenty happy.

There is nothing wrong with selling stuff. You just keep pushing to hard. Stay within the OP budget in threads and make your recommendations. Then give some higher priced suggestions if you want and leave it at that unless you are addressed or want to make a comment about something listed.

You will have much better luck. Do a search and read some threads with 6spdcoupe, 3.5maxspd or premieraudio. They are all dealers and do great on here and they sell high-end stuff all the time like Rainbow, Dyn, Audison ect. Its about your attitude and how you are trying to help. You are only hurting yourself continuing on like you are.IMO

good post

tbasile1
10-19-2007, 11:03 PM
/thread

LOL

Don't Mess With The Wiz!

tcguy85
10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
i still vote RSD's all the way!

OmegaBunny
10-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Thanks everyone for all your help! I believe that I am going to go with the RSD's. They can handle 150w per side right, even though they say 60w? And I believe that I will grab a pair of REV's for the rear and run off the HU. Along with sealing and deadening atleast the front doors.

Sorry Audio Master, maybe once I am finished with school and I have some more money, I can look at some higher end equipment. I would love to have a top of the line system, but first I have to get my priorities in order, such as buying a house and paying off school loans.

tcguy85
10-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Thanks everyone for all your help! I believe that I am going to go with the RSD's. They can handle 150w per side right, even though they say 60w? Along with sealing and deadening atleast the front doors.

well my amp is capable of 205watts rms at 4ohms per side. i set the gain with a -3db 1khz tone to 150 watts per side.

here are some numbers for ya.... 150 watts at 4 ohms is roughly 24.5 volts, i had my system at a pretty loud volume(pretty much the loudest i would try to listen to it at) and the voltage was jumping around only in the mid to high teens. for example 15 volts at 4 ohms is only around 60 watts. so i don't think my set will ever see over 100 watts rms per side. will they take a continuous 150 watts over a long period of time..... i kind of doubt it. what i'm trying to say is sure, get a nice big amp and set the gains conservatively and you will be fine.

they will likely never see the 150 watts if thats how big of an amp you plan on getting.

UCF52
10-20-2007, 02:31 AM
well my amp is capable of 205watts rms at 4ohms per side. i set the gain with a -3db 1khz tone to 150 watts per side.

here are some numbers for ya.... 150 watts at 4 ohms is roughly 24.5 volts, i had my system at a pretty loud volume(pretty much the loudest i would try to listen to it at) and the voltage was jumping around only in the mid to high teens. for example 15 volts at 4 ohms is only around 60 watts. so i don't think my set will ever see over 100 watts rms per side. will they take a continuous 150 watts over a long period of time..... i kind of doubt it. what i'm trying to say is sure, get a nice big amp and set the gains conservatively and you will be fine.

they will likely never see the 150 watts if thats how big of an amp you plan on getting.

x2, but if you can send them 150+ per side :D

tcguy85
10-20-2007, 02:36 AM
x2, but if you can send them 150+ per side :D

yes get an amp that does 150x2 at 4ohms. but what i'm trying to say is that i doubt you will need to turn the volume knob enough to even get the amp to give them near that much power. idk if they are just really efficient or what but mine seem to get plenty loud off of what math is telling me is far under 100 ACTUAL watts.

headroom is a great thing to have to protect the speakers from an amp clipping though. that is why i (and maybe the other people) have suggested going with a nice powerful amp.

Audio Master
10-25-2007, 04:59 AM
1. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But there are some things you should keep in mind when giving advice....

2. Yes, we certainly do know all about Steg. So what? They make good, solid amps. Just like a bunch of other companies out there. Fortunately, a lot of the other good, solid amplifiers that carry a much lighter price tag, so they are easier to recommend.....

3. Define what makes gear "excellent gear". This is purely subjective. You and I could run around saying that Steg is the greatest amp company and they make the greatest amps, but we will encounter those that will disagree with us. So no, I don't really care if there's a lot of people out there with the top of the line excellent gear or merely just a handful of them. It doesn't hurt or hinder me in any way.

I'm not about to recommend the flea-market grade crap to anyone; I never have and never will. I try to recommend good products that fit into whatever budget there is to work with. I think that's offering better service that telling everyone they need to get a life and just get the most expensive **** out there.

4. Why are you assuming that, because we am recommending more budget conscious gear, we can't afford elite gear? And what the hell does that have to do with any of this anyway? Why don't you revert back to post #1 of this thread and check what budget the OP has to work with. Now figure out if your elite gear recommendations fits that budget. Mmmm, nope.

You can badmouth us all you want, I don't care... this is ca.com, so it's really nothing we haven't read or encountered before. Please just be aware of how your conduct reflects on your character as a businessman to everyone that read the threads you involve yourself in.

You see this is the issue Ive been making in threads from the start I am a steg dealer yes I have lots of stock yes but steg has released new stock so to that end i bought up alll the stock that they were fasing out QMOS11 and its all brand new im pplease thet the OP got what he wanted i was sugesttng that for the same money I could have possibly done something for him in the way of a DEAL you know drop the bloody price so I move the stuff quick and i can release the warehouse full of the new range that i can t yet sell as i havent sold all the qmos11 stock the price i will give are about 50% of reatail and in some cases less than whole sale but everyone just thinks SCAM SCAM do you everthink that some ppl have reasons for doing something that can benifet others i get saomething out of letting stock go for jack sh$t its called i can release my new line and make money bloody hell im open to offers on any of the qmos11 range if i have it and your sensible i can match pioneer jl kenwood hell even kicker just ask then when its gone I will have a wharehouse full of K COMPETITION stock at normal WHOLESALE prices my retailers here make me enouhg money but they will only take so much steg thats why wat i have left i offer to the forum, members at very CHEAP prices and no there is no punvtuation live with it
audio master:crying:

DejaWiz
10-25-2007, 11:10 AM
^ Fine and dandy to want to offer great deals to forum members so you can clear your shelves. I'm all for that.

However, when you fail to mention you can make a comparable deal on (insert brand name here) when responding in a thread, your message is going to be taken much differently than your intent. Maybe put a message in your sig stating "Contact me for great deals on STEG" and simply state that in your responses.

Best of luck clearing your shelves! You shouldn't have problems doing so on this board. Once word gets around to a few members than someone is offering great deals on certain brands, it tends to spread like a wildfire. ;)

UCF52
10-25-2007, 12:02 PM
You see this is the issue Ive been making in threads from the start I am a steg dealer yes I have lots of stock yes but steg has released new stock so to that end i bought up alll the stock that they were fasing out QMOS11 and its all brand new im pplease thet the OP got what he wanted i was sugesttng that for the same money I could have possibly done something for him in the way of a DEAL you know drop the bloody price so I move the stuff quick and i can release the warehouse full of the new range that i can t yet sell as i havent sold all the qmos11 stock the price i will give are about 50% of reatail and in some cases less than whole sale but everyone just thinks SCAM SCAM do you everthink that some ppl have reasons for doing something that can benifet others i get saomething out of letting stock go for jack sh$t its called i can release my new line and make money bloody hell im open to offers on any of the qmos11 range if i have it and your sensible i can match pioneer jl kenwood hell even kicker just ask then when its gone I will have a wharehouse full of K COMPETITION stock at normal WHOLESALE prices my retailers here make me enouhg money but they will only take so much steg thats why wat i have left i offer to the forum, members at very CHEAP prices and no there is no punvtuation live with it
audio master:crying:

That is a very long sentence.

Audio Master
10-28-2007, 11:52 AM
^ Fine and dandy to want to offer great deals to forum members so you can clear your shelves. I'm all for that.

However, when you fail to mention you can make a comparable deal on (insert brand name here) when responding in a thread, your message is going to be taken much differently than your intent. Maybe put a message in your sig stating "Contact me for great deals on STEG" and simply state that in your responses.

Best of luck clearing your shelves! You shouldn't have problems doing so on this board. Once word gets around to a few members than someone is offering great deals on certain brands, it tends to spread like a wildfire. ;)

thats the best advice ive had on the forum to date thanks ohh and if you want anything 50%off for actually being constructive in your post

DejaWiz
10-28-2007, 03:25 PM
thats the best advice ive had on the forum to date thanks ohh and if you want anything 50%off for actually being constructive in your post

That's very gracious. Thank you!