PDA

View Full Version : Comp. and Coax setup?

LastCall04
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
I am looking for a 6.5" component set for the front doors of my 05 Chevy Trailblazer and a set of 6.5" coaxs for the rear doors.

I would like to keep both under $300.

I need these to be able run off of my HU (Pioneer 6900UB) temporarily until I get my Alpine PDX 4.100 to power them. I will be adding a sub and a PDX 1.600 in the future. But I need a good sounding system without a sub for now.

I have been searching on here and I am looking at the following:

-PG RSDs

-Alpine Type Rs

-Pioneer Revs

I like BASS but I want decent SQ. I would like a set that will run off of my HU now, but be able to handle the 100+ RMS the PDX 4.100 will give them later. I plan on doing basic sound deadening of the doors when I install them, not completly sealing off the doors, but adding some mat, egg foam to help.

What are the PROS / CONS of the ones I am looking at and what others (brand/model) would you suggest I look at?

Thanks,

LastCall

Etac
10-17-2007, 09:57 PM
i havent heard the type r's in awhile but from those three i would either go with the pg's or rev's which i hear great things about both - was never really a big fan of alpine speakers

and another suggestion - forget the rear speakers and just put that money towards the front ones... and use that PDX 4.100 and bridge it to them.. if you want in the future add cheap rear ones (power off hu or another amp) - youll be happier in the long run IMO

properly setup/angled quality speakers will get loud enough for ya and sound better than two decent sets- and if they dont you own need much rear fill to get it to "seem louder"

but thats just my opinion

LastCall04
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
i havent heard the type r's in awhile but from those three i would either go with the pg's or rev's which i hear great things about both - was never really a big fan of alpine speakers

and another suggestion - forget the rear speakers and just put that money towards the front ones... and use that PDX 4.100 and bridge it to them.. if you want in the future add cheap rear ones (power off hu or another amp) - youll be happier in the long run IMO

properly setup/angled quality speakers will get loud enough for ya and sound better than two decent sets- and if they dont you own need much rear fill to get it to "seem louder"

but thats just my opinion

I went ahead and bought the REVs (comps and coax) - they should be here next week sometime? Thanks for the advice.

LastCall