PDA

View Full Version : Design S8L7 Swap Port - Scion tC Hatchback

Mr Cabinetry
10-17-2007, 12:17 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/S8L7%20SQ-SPL%20Ported%20Scion%20tC%20Hatchback/S8L7SQ-SPLPorted.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/S8L7%20SQ-SPL%20Ported%20Scion%20tC%20Hatchback/S8L7SQ-SPLPortedthruview.jpg

BobbyDD
10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Interchangeable ports seem to be getting pretty popular on here. What are they tuned to?

Mr Cabinetry
10-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Interchangeable ports seem to be getting pretty popular on here. What are they tuned to?

Customer wanted SQ port @ 33hz and SPL port @ 42hz.

Yeah, interchangeable ports seem to be the new " boner " for subwoofer enclosure's, but, if the space of the design can allow for it, the person gets the best of both worlds without having to 2 separate enclosure's.

I've been designing and building swap ported enclosure long before they been popular here, it ain't a new concept.

TPABlazer
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
How does the port stay in?

UCF52
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
How does the port stay in?

Usually threaded inserts. There was a thread floating around here about it. One of BJfishs' recent builds.

BobbyDD
10-17-2007, 09:52 PM

Yeah, interchangeable ports seem to be the new " boner " for subwoofer enclosure's, but, if the space of the design can allow for it, the person gets the best of both worlds without having to 2 separate enclosure's.

I've been designing and building swap ported enclosure long before they been popular here, it ain't a new concept.

Knowing the quality of your work first hand, I imagine it'll be top notch when done. Post pics as it goes if you have time.

UCF52
10-17-2007, 09:53 PM

Quick thread jack: do you know how much power the customer is going to give the L7?

Mr Cabinetry
10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Quick thread jack: do you know how much power the customer is going to give the L7?

Customer stated amp capable of 1500 watts.

TPABlazer
10-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Usually threaded inserts. There was a thread floating around here about it. One of BJfishs' recent builds.

Ah. I always over engineer things. In my head I htought of a gasket around the port, and using some sort of wing nuts to clamp down on the port.

UCF52
10-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Customer stated amp capable of 1500 watts.

Just curious, thanks.

Ah. I always over engineer things. In my head I htought of a gasket around the port, and using some sort of wing nuts to clamp down on the port.

There are definitely a few ways of going about it, but lately the threaded inserts (as opposed to tee nuts) have been popular.

Mr Cabinetry
10-18-2007, 12:19 PM
There are so many different hardware options available that could be used to secure the port module to the enclosure it not even funny.

T-nuts and threaded inserts are by far the most widely available to use for such mounting applications, but, if I wanted, I could make that you wouldn't even be able to see how the port module is held in place, however, such hardware to do it ain't cheap.