PDA

View Full Version : Box Suggestions

Anniku989
10-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi guys, posted this on the realm of excursion and didn't have any reply's so I figured I'd post here

To put it blatantly, I'm getting two Re SE 12's, and I need a box. The specs for the woofers say 1.5@35Hz or 2.0@33Hz. I'm not sure on what these subs like (the bigger or more compact box), but I'd like suggestions on that, along with what frequency they like to be at.

They will be powered by a Hifonics Bxi 1206d, and they're for daily (more so towards spl than sq though). I'd like a flared port box, with the port and subs all firing towards the rear (It's going in a '98 Grand Am). Max height is about 13-14" and width is 35" if I remember correctly (will get more exact measurements tomorrow), the depth can be the variable, as I have a bunch of trunk space to use up.

Just looking for some guidelines to go upon, as I'm pretty lost as to what these subs will like (a bigger/smaller box) and what to tune it to. I'm looking to create a box to look like this one http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/000_1214.jpg

If anyone can give me any suggestions on what I should build this to, I'm very open to suggestions, otherwise thanks for looking

I'm also hearing some good things about them in sealed boxes, but I'm all for spl as of right now ( I have two memphis street edge 12's on a ma1889i, and want some more noise), but I'll go for what ever is best. Also, I may end up going with this (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5676) amp as its more in my price range for a new one. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Anniku989
10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Bump, sorry to be pushy, but anyone have any suggestions on what boxes those subs like? I don't wanna go build a sealed box to find out they sound like ****, if someone could help point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks!

RandyShaw
10-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Most subs sound good sealed. All depends on the music you like to listen to.

Anniku989
10-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the reply

Thats my whole delima right now, after seeing how much these street edges woke up after porting my box, I've been a fan of ported. I just don't want to go through the same thing (putting the Re's in a sealed, then in a few months porting the box and saying, wow I should have done that when I got them)

Edit:
If anyone that has had experience with RE's (or even better, the SE line) could drop by and let me know what they think, I'd be very appreciative.

shavenblazer
10-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Put them in 4 cubes @34 and be done with it. They will wang.

jellyfish420
10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
x2 on the 4cube. and in a grand am you got more than 13" tall, you have around 15-16;)

Anniku989
10-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I'll have to recheck the height, I'll go measure my box. Don't forget that I have to be able to fit it in the trunk, so height may be slightly compromised to make it easier to get in. thanks for the Great suggestions though, your the first people that can come out and just tell me from experience what you think it should be, rather than everyone else online that just BS's and talks without having any experience with anything....

haha