PDA

View Full Version : My Pg Rsd65cs Review:

Pages : 1 [2]

Anniku989
08-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Awesome, thanks for the responses guys.

Would 100w to each side be good. Will the difference from 100w x to 150w x side be great? Or can I save the few bux and go for the 100w or so?

Meh, I'm being cheap again....

revrider1
08-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Im gonna be throwing 100w to each, maybe tomm ima amp em

BushJ311
08-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Awesome, thanks for the responses guys.

Would 100w to each side be good. Will the difference from 100w x to 150w x side be great? Or can I save the few bux and go for the 100w or so?

Meh, I'm being cheap again....

You can buy my kicker kx250.2 for them. I have 2 of them and only need 1.

90 shipped.

Anniku989
08-09-2008, 02:01 AM
You can buy my kicker kx250.2 for them. I have 2 of them and only need 1.

90 shipped.

not sure if 85 is enough for them or not.

pondering

any input?

revrider1
08-09-2008, 02:02 AM
I want some RSD Mids if anyone wants to sell alone...

tcguy85
08-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I want some RSD Mids if anyone wants to sell alone...

i might have a set to get rid of on Tuesday. i am replacing the mids with something different and if i decide to not to keep the rsd's as spares then they will go.

revrider1
08-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Let me know

tcguy85
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Let me know

i just gotta make sure my new mids fit in my doors and make sure i like them.

how much $$$ you thinking for the pair of mids? what did you have in mind?

Anniku989
08-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Ok yea, after a few hours of driving with the rsd's on like 30w, I definitely gotta throw some more at them. Usually on the HU at 40-45 I'd have no problem at all hearing mids/highs over the subs, but even at this level, it drowns them out.

Will 80-90w be enough to brighten them up? Or while I'm buying a new amp, should I spend the extra $40-50 and get one that does 100-150?

tcguy85
08-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Ok yea, after a few hours of driving with the rsd's on like 30w, I definitely gotta throw some more at them. Usually on the HU at 40-45 I'd have no problem at all hearing mids/highs over the subs, but even at this level, it drowns them out.

Will 80-90w be enough to brighten them up? Or while I'm buying a new amp, should I spend the extra $40-50 and get one that does 100-150?

get as much power as you can afford and fit in your install. my motto is the more power the better.

i don't know if you have read my posts that talk about how much power i have them on at the moment or not. but if you haven't, i am running mine active (so no passives to soak up power) and i have 100 watts rms on tap per tweeter, and 200 watts rms for each mid. and they take it fine. never had any bottoming out and i have never smelled burning coil. so give them as much as you can and give em hell.

Anniku989
08-10-2008, 12:18 AM
get as much power as you can afford and fit in your install. my motto is the more power the better.

i don't know if you have read my posts that talk about how much power i have them on at the moment or not. but if you haven't, i am running mine active (so no passives to soak up power) and i have 100 watts rms on tap per tweeter, and 200 watts rms for each mid. and they take it fine. never had any bottoming out and i have never smelled burning coil. so give them as much as you can and give em hell.

Yea lol. I do have different tweeters though (tweets in sig, although no pics yet). So I'm not sure what they can take compared to the PG one's.

I assume I'm running passive then? Or active (idn...lol)?

I REALLY didn't plan on having to deaden the doors, and the amp's already cutting into the savings. Dunno if I should get the 80-90w amp now, and some deadener (too bad i didn't win any from that raffle). Or should I go with the bigger amp now, and wait two weeks and get the deadener? Decisions decisions... lol

tcguy85
08-10-2008, 12:24 AM
get a big amp now, get deadener as soon as you can after that. or the other way around. but get both.

and if you are using a passive crossover then you're running passive.

Alpineforever
08-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Door deadener is a must, no deadener is killing my sound stage

Anniku989
08-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Got the amp in sig on the rsd's. Pushing a clean 150x2 to 'em. Holy crap did they come alive. Set gains with dmm, and had eq on HU flat, and they're actually a bit too loud lol.

Dunno where to cross them at (HU can do High pass 63, 80, 100, 120hz I believe), if I turn it off, it'll actually start bumpin the mids (which are amazing), but for the time being sound like **** because the door rattles like crazy lol. Dunno where to cross them with the subs, as I have the subs playing 80hz down, so dunno where to place them (once I deaden). Until them, I have filter on 120hz high pass, and they still sound amazing.

Another note, where do the passive crossovers cut out on the lower end for the mids (or do they?) I was playing some hyptonize and white girl with subs off, and they were hitting everything fine. Dunno if there's a high pass in there or not

tcguy85
08-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Got the amp in sig on the rsd's. Pushing a clean 150x2 to 'em. Holy crap did they come alive. Set gains with dmm, and had eq on HU flat, and they're actually a bit too loud lol.

Dunno where to cross them at (HU can do High pass 63, 80, 100, 120hz I believe), if I turn it off, it'll actually start bumpin the mids (which are amazing), but for the time being sound like **** because the door rattles like crazy lol. Dunno where to cross them with the subs, as I have the subs playing 80hz down, so dunno where to place them (once I deaden). Until them, I have filter on 120hz high pass, and they still sound amazing.

Another note, where do the passive crossovers cut out on the lower end for the mids (or do they?) I was playing some hyptonize and white girl with subs off, and they were hitting everything fine. Dunno if there's a high pass in there or not

the passive crossover just crosses between the mids and the tweets. it doesn't do anything in the low end. i'd try 80hz as a crossover point. they will handle 80hz just fine on just about anything.

Anniku989
08-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Alright, couldn't tell where to cross them with doors rattling like crazy... but I'll know where to set them now lol

Thanks man!

tcguy85
08-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Alright, couldn't tell where to cross them with doors rattling like crazy... but I'll know where to set them now lol

Thanks man!

i'm glad you got some good power on them now and i am glad you like them. just make sure your next step is to fix your doors. get them all sealed up and deadened.

Anniku989
08-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Yea, it's annoying as hell to say the least.

Won't be able to get deadener for a few weeks, you think that sealing up the holes in the door panel (the metal frame, where people usually rivet patch panels up over), and sealing the back of the speaker up from the rest of the door cavity (making a smaller enclosure in essence) would make a difference or no?

edit:
I know patching them up will help alot with deadener, dunno if it'll help without it is all I'm asking

tcguy85
08-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Yea, it's annoying as hell to say the least.

Won't be able to get deadener for a few weeks, you think that sealing up the holes in the door panel (the metal frame, where people usually rivet patch panels up over), and sealing the back of the speaker up from the rest of the door cavity (making a smaller enclosure in essence) would make a difference or no?

edit:
I know patching them up will help alot with deadener, dunno if it'll help without it is all I'm asking

well deadening the panel reduces or hopefully kills the rattles and vibrations, and then covering all the holes and essentially sealing the doors off will add a LOT in the mid-bass department. so i would highly recommend doing both.

the easy way is to use the thin sheet metal flashing from home depot or lowes in the roofing department, and use short self taping screws along with a drill. after you cover up every hole other than the drain holes in the bottom of the door just simply apply the deadener over top, the more the better within reason. you will be amazed with the results.

Anniku989
08-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Yea, I'm going to do both, I know it'll help out. Just wonding if it's worth coving up the holes (yet having to tear my door panel all apart again) for the week or two I'm not going to have deadener over it... lol...

Thanks though. Any cheap deader you can reccomend?

tcguy85
08-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Yea, I'm going to do both, I know it'll help out. Just wonding if it's worth coving up the holes (yet having to tear my door panel all apart again) for the week or two I'm not going to have deadener over it... lol...

you could try it one step at a time and see. it obviously won't cause any permanent damage.

i used Elemental Designs Edead V1SE2 and it's pretty inexpensive and worked well. i'd use it again.

Anniku989
08-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Alright cool. Gotta pull the box tomorrow, and reseal it all. Two seams on the back cracked apart during friday's bassrace, gonna throw some alum angle on the outside of the box (probably around the whole front/back) and reseal it back up. Get it all painted, and maybe make a nice front for it (wanna do another piece of mdf same size as this front, and flush mount, then put it OVER the speakers so you can't see the screws and gasket). Almost make them look like dub 7's in a way.

And then if I have time I might pull the doors all apart and seal the holes up lol

bigbangtheory
08-17-2008, 08:28 AM

Thanks man!

Just to let you know, I rattle my door with just my rear stockers, lol! I have to deaden my back doors still.

But yes, deadener will help, my Pioneer D's have quite a bit of bass, more than my RSD's and don't rattle my front doors............due to the fatmat I have, 3 layers of it, lol!

Works well, just have to add layers.

bigbangtheory
08-17-2008, 08:31 AM

Didn't see this post, but if you do a comparison deaden your door first with out sealing and then sealing, let me know if you notice a good amount of difference. Enought to warrrent pulling the panels yet again.

Anniku989
08-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Didn't see this post, but if you do a comparison deaden your door first with out sealing and then sealing, let me know if you notice a good amount of difference. Enought to warrrent pulling the panels yet again.

Only problem here is that I'd have to pull all the deadener off (after I stuck it on)... doesn't seem like it'd be fun.

Got the box redone today. Got some steel angle and put it all around the front and back of the box, with a bunch of screws, and then put some truck bed lining over it. Sounds **** good ;)

hanibal
06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I plan on putting these speakers in my 09 escape to replace the front stock speakers and run them with a KICKER ZX150.2. Hopefully they should sound way better then stock. Also how much deadener do u use per door?

Anniku989
06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
As much as you can afford

hanibal
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
where do u get it cheap?

Anniku989
06-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Can either go quality or quantity

Quality is definitely second skin damp pro (spend a bit more, but you'll only need 1 layer to equal 2 or 3 layers of the cheaper stuff)

And quantity would be fatmat (IMO) off of ebay, can get a huge roll for like $130, but like I said above, you'll need 2 or 3 layers of it to compete with the SS

IMO I'd go with the second skin, easier to only apply it once, great product, great quality, and very good service (the owner of SS is a member here on the boards)

hanibal
06-03-2009, 10:57 PM
i hear and smelled fat mat and u can actyally smell ashfault, that would stink up ur car. Can u point me in the right direction for that second skin stuff? Thanks

Anniku989
06-03-2009, 11:00 PM
http://tinyurl.com/py9s76

Sorry, I had to haha

Anyway, can't go wrong with SS!

hanibal
06-03-2009, 11:06 PM
what do i use damplifier be ok or the pro?

hanibal
06-14-2009, 07:41 PM
just purchased the Phoenix Gold RSD250.2 amp and the rsd65cs components for my 09 ford escape. Is there any special setting that i have to adjust this amp to to grt the best sound? Never had this amp before and if anyone does or knows about it and the settings i would aprreciate the help. Thanks

hanibal
06-18-2009, 11:10 PM
what size hole did u drill for the tweets?

trevor87
11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Is this the best bang for the buck comp set? I dont have much to spend but 87 bucks seems reasonable for how you all make these sound.

eggyhustles
11-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes