PDA

View Full Version : Question on HZ.

audiobahngods
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm fixing to ask a seriously big Newb question. I have never used a slot vented box before, so if one box is tuned at 35 Hz and another is tuned at 40 Hz. which one will hit harder.

Also if a sub is suggested at say 32 Hz, and you put it in an enclosure tuned at 38 Hz how will this effect the subs performance. Positive or negative

the727kid
10-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Eh you have to get technical with the terms you use. If you tune it lower it "hits" harder, it plays lower and shakes more ****...which I guess would be hitting harder. But tuning it higher, theorticaly speaking will make the sub louder.

audiobahngods
10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Sorry for the lack of "Technical" terms. I have been around my 17 year old son. Thats terms they use.

the727kid
10-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Lol...hitting hard can mean a # of different things.

audiobahngods
10-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Eh you have to get technical with the terms you use. If you tune it lower it "hits" harder, it plays lower and shakes more ****...which I guess would be hitting harder. But tuning it higher, theorticaly speaking will make the sub louder.

So what if you want loud and to shake **** loose. Is there a medium, or a middle so to speak?

zthumper
10-11-2007, 08:58 PM

So what if you want loud and to shake **** loose. Is there a medium, or a middle so to speak?

You just have to play around with it and see what you like...I would start at around 35 hz and go from there.

Your name makes me laugh.

traksta15
10-11-2007, 08:59 PM
If you want bass that shakes stuff loose, tune low (high 20's low 30's)

if you want to meter loud (if you plan on getting metered that is) tune higher (high 30's low-mid 40's)

correct me if im wrong but wont a low tuned enclosure "appear" louder to the ear but a higher tuned enclosure will meter louder?

audiobahngods
10-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Zthumper my son said Audiobahn was god in stereo systems. The kids around here all want it for some reason. I on the other hand have been enlightened to other brands. LOL.