PDA

View Full Version : Morel Hybrid 6 vs Rainbow Germanium

bunta
10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I think i have narrowed it down to the Morel Hybrid ovation 6 and the Rainbow Germaniums 265 component sets. Problem is i have never heard them in the car just hearing about them..im sure a lot of you have that same problem. If i could audition them, i would but i dont think that Don guy has a "sound booth" and even if the shops do, they usually sound diff in a car anyways... soooooo...

So if you have experience with both please chime in. I wnat to know specifically how they sound.. Are they both good off axis?

Hey Don, i got the price from you for the Germs. I need to know the price for Morel Hybrid 6.

dvrmstrng
10-11-2007, 02:02 PM
buy my rainbows instead....haha

kross
10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I have a set of Germs, yes they are very good off axis. The tweeter has an especially wide dispersion. 70 degrees off axis sounds almost as good as straight on.

I've never heard the Morels.

bunta
10-11-2007, 04:04 PM
70 degrees off axis sounds almost as good as straight on.

u sure?

crea78
10-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I just recently got my Germaniums installed and so far they are phenomenal. Plenty of midbass (assuming you have your doors well deadened), the highs sound so smooth which blends in very nicely with the rest of your system, and with only 100w going to each side, they can get very loud.

I'm sure you won't regret ever buying the Germaniums if you decide to go that route.

aeon
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I kind of regret not waiting a little longer and saving up a littler more money to pick up the germs...

Puggsley456
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I have a set of Germs, yes they are very good off axis. The tweeter has an especially wide dispersion. 70 degrees off axis sounds almost as good as straight on.

I've never heard the Morels.

Do the CMX tweets act the same way as the Germs Silks do as far as despersion?

Gary S
10-11-2007, 06:16 PM
That would be an easy choice for me, Rainbow.

DejaWiz
10-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Germs. And give them a nice clean 2x150-200w rms (or biamp them with a good 4 channel).

bunta
10-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Alright fine:furious:, i get it! Germaniums are the ****!

But arent the Morel Hybrids good too? I am actually leaning more towards it. I have no idea why...maybe its the rarity that i am attracted to.

What is the price for the Morel Hybrids 6? I found like 2 reviews online...How do they sound?

3.5Max6spd
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Alright fine:furious:, i get it! Germaniums are the ****!

But arent the Morel Hybrids good too? I am actually leaning more towards it. I have no idea why...maybe its the rarity that i am attracted to.

What is the price for the Morel Hybrids 6? I found like 2 reviews online...How do they sound?

The issue for most is the Morel mids are hit or miss in the midbass dept, outside of the Supremo and maybe Elate line that is-even the Elates dont model best for a door and are hit or miss in bass output IB.