PDA

View Full Version : Decent Cheap 8ohm Speakers??

BassAddictJ
10-10-2007, 08:48 PM
looking to place my stock car speakers without having to do an LOC/amp. just looking to replace the 8ohm door speakers and continue to run off deck power. i realize the differance wont be major, but im sure anything aftermarket will sound better then the paper cone stock speakers in there now.

IIRC they are 6.5's in the doors and 6x9's in the back...but for now im only concerned with up front.

lmk guys

Gary S
10-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I really don't know of any 8-ohm car drivers.

Go to madisound.com or zalytron.com and order a catalog, or partsExpress.com... they have plans for home bookshelf speaker kits... you would have to build a crossover yourself though.

bass_lover1
10-11-2007, 01:19 AM
They don't have to be "car audio" speakers for them to work in cars. Pretty much all high end home audio speakers are 8ohm...both my mids and tweets are.

The only issue I for see you having is this, the majority of 8ohm drivers are in face home audio speakers, and it's also hard to find 6.5" home audio speakers, most of them are 7". My Peerless HDS drivers are labeled as 6.5" drivers on Madisound, but they are most definitely 7s...I had to cut my doors to get them to fit.

jblayz1
10-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Peerless, Seas, Morel. I don't know about cheap, but definitely decent.

Megalomaniac
10-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Adire Extremiis come to mind :)

req
10-11-2007, 02:29 AM
waste of time comes to mind.

you are better off getting some cheap profile amps that do 65x2@4 and come with a LOC from www.millionbuy.com, then pair them up with some medicre components like type r's.

thats my 2 cents. sound 100x better and you dont have to replace the rear speakers, just omit them because the comps will get louder than all 4 of your existing speakers on an amp.

Megalomaniac
10-11-2007, 11:55 AM
waste of time comes to mind.

you are better off getting some cheap profile amps that do 65x2@4 and come with a LOC from www.millionbuy.com, then pair them up with some medicre components like type r's.

thats my 2 cents. sound 100x better and you dont have to replace the rear speakers, just omit them because the comps will get louder than all 4 of your existing speakers on an amp.

you dont like extremiis?

req
10-11-2007, 03:19 PM
not for crappy IB in doors with 20w.

no, no i would not.

Megalomaniac
10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
not for crappy IB in doors with 20w.

no, no i would not.

oh i overlooked the op not wanting to amp spkrs, my mistake you cool lookin guy :cool:

BassAddictJ
10-17-2007, 06:17 AM
not sure how long im having this car for. not worth it to **** around with the mids and highs. probly just gonna do something on the bass end with an LOC. keeping it small for this install when i eventually get around to doing it. some things in the way right now. mainly money and the fact that this isnt my car to put a stereo in....and which the parents have (for now) placed a ban on amps/subs/electrical upgrades.....soon enough i'll hopefully getem to budge in the subject...but for now these should suffice