PDA

View Full Version : Ported box users: Which way is your sub/port facing? POLL

wong05tsx
10-06-2007, 11:41 PM
After 26 pages of results and reading, there's way too much contradictions, so just putting up a straight up poll to figure out which way to do mine since I only have enough mdf to make one box, gots to make the best out of it.

Please dont post flaming me saying it depends on the sub/trunk etc/box size etc. If I were to narrow it down it it would be too specific and I would probably only get one or two votes on the poll

wong05tsx
10-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry, Option #9 is suppsoed to be Sub BACK // Port BACK

benzmansl65amg
10-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Port and sub Back

Lakota
10-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I think you forgot sub up port side, that's what I got.

mlstrass
10-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Can't you turn the box once it's in the car to try forward and rear firing and see which you like best?

Assuming your just building a daily driver and not after the last .1 on the TL then it really won't matter all that much.

I've done port/sub rear and forward and my experience has been that rear firing "seems" to hit a little lower/harder, but forward firing sounds cleaner. Your car/ears could be just the opposite though...

PSturmer
10-07-2007, 12:47 AM
After 26 pages of results and reading, there's way too much contradictions, so just putting up a straight up poll to figure out which way to do mine since I only have enough mdf to make one box, gots to make the best out of it.

Please dont post flaming me saying it depends on the sub/trunk etc/box size etc. If I were to narrow it down it it would be too specific and I would probably only get one or two votes on the poll

you are an idiot.

start by doing this. look the meaning of variable up.

iagrdshaka
10-07-2007, 12:49 AM
I think you forgot sub up port side, that's what I got.

x2 same here :laugh:

wong05tsx
10-07-2007, 01:31 AM
you are an idiot.

start by doing this. look the meaning of variable up.

blahblahblahblahblahblah.

blahblahblahblah.blahblahblahblah. fixed

Can't you turn the box once it's in the car to try forward and rear firing and see which you like best?

Reason I'm doing the poll/asking is because I only have so much clearance in my trunk, I would only be able to turn the box 180 degrees horizontally.
Floor - navi unit = 14.5", and im putting a 15" idq

As the results are looking right now i'll probably be doing sub up port back.

Thanks for the input/voting for those of you who didn't waste my time reading stupid posts like Psturmer demonstrated:yureawsm:

Lakota
10-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Reason I'm doing the poll/asking is because I only have so much clearance in my trunk, I would only be able to turn the box 180 degrees horizontally.

Subs up usually don't work too well in a trunk. Rear or front firing usually works the best.

iagrdshaka
10-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Subs up usually don't work too well in a trunk. Rear or front firing usually works the best.

I have sub up/aeroports to the driver side in my trunk.

snb778
10-07-2007, 01:55 AM
you left mine out!!!

Sub up, port side

Edit:.. same as above!!
2nd edit: sry, didnt even read what others said

Lakota
10-07-2007, 02:42 AM
I have sub up/aeroports to the driver side in my trunk.

I knew there's exceptions, that's why I included usually. But, most of the loud trunk setups you see are sub firing forward or to the rear.

PSturmer
10-07-2007, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the input/voting for those of you who didn't waste my time reading stupid posts like Psturmer demonstrated:yureawsm:

well there is a start. you have a trunked car.

wong05tsx
10-07-2007, 03:24 PM
For those of you with a trunk car and have your sub facing up, which way is your port facing?
(getting more specific)
suggestions?

skeptikal
10-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Mine is sub forward, port @ the drivers side

Tiger Bass
10-10-2007, 02:53 AM
I've tried many, many different directions with different boxes, and Sub Up/Port Front (Front = facing the engine of the car) and Sub Front/Port Up are the most effective in my car.

wong05tsx
10-10-2007, 02:59 AM
thanks for all the participation, got frustrated with trying to make the perfect box with my limited space.. and not knowing whether it would sound alright in my car even if i did make it sub up port front, so i just went sealed.
buildlog here:
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263147

not the best job i know.. first box built, and limited supplies/tools/space.. but i suppose it'll work, looks air tight, but gonna add some silicone just to make sure tomorrow. and add some carpet after i test it

Tiger Bass
10-10-2007, 03:11 AM
What kind of specs were you looking for on your box? Someone here might have been able to help you out.