PDA

View Full Version : volume

CarlosV
10-06-2007, 07:01 PM
today i wanted to try a sealed box and blocking the port i didnt notice any increased on sq, or its because volume isnt the optimal on the sub

its for a tb 8

Immacomputer
10-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Sealed doesn't always mean good sound quality. In fact, I wouldn't seal that sub at all and would do something more along the lines of .5 cubes @ 35hz. That should give you a nice and flat response while keeping your group delay low and it should sound very nice.

Sealing that sub makes it more of a bad midbass driver.

CarlosV
10-10-2007, 09:57 PM
i just opened the same box and cut the port about 7 inches to tune it at 35 hz using the re subwoofer box design the same i used it to build it the first time, it gain on the mid bass sounds better for a wide range of music

my question is, should i buil a new one on .50 cu/ft and tune it to 35hz or leave it at 1.some cu/ft at 35hz

Immacomputer
10-11-2007, 01:53 AM
It will flatten things out a bit more and increase your transient response.

CarlosV
10-11-2007, 03:15 AM
It will flatten things out a bit more and increase your transient response.

Indeed increase sq if you refer it transit response not delaying the frec.

Scoobydoo
10-11-2007, 03:23 AM
mif def to da extra canta loop

mile098
10-11-2007, 05:04 AM
today i wanted to try a sealed box and blocking the port i didnt notice any increased on sq, or its because volume isnt the optimal on the sub

its for a tb 8

1. u have to check the drivers ebp if it can even go in a sealed box
2. blocking the port doesnt make tha box sealed :fyi:
3. if u wanna go sealed u need a new box
4. sealed boxes are ALWAYS more precise then the vented ones for the obvious reasons, theyre not tuned to a freq.

Immacomputer
10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
4. sealed boxes are ALWAYS more precise then the vented ones for the obvious reasons, theyre not tuned to a freq.

That's not true at all. If that was the case, why are all the high end home theater systems using ported enclosures? Why aren't they all sealed to have the best sound quality and accuracy from their drivers?

mile098
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
not gonna go into smthg i dont know, if u know pls tell me...i do however know how to read the charts and pls tell me how would u get a flat line out of a vented box?