PDA

View Full Version : Going from Profi's to Z6's?

adas
10-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Hey guys, so i have some 265 Rainbow Profi's, and i won't lie they sound amazing. But they don't get loud enough for me. I need loud, much louder, enough to keep up with my substage if not overpower it. I don't want to head for PA drivers/horns, and am space/depth limited to a 6.5" comp set. So I was wondering if going from Profi's to Boston Z6's will be a large difference in loudness? I know they are supposed to be LOUD. So I was thinking an upgrade to them or Some Powerline CS's(but they wont fit).....and wattage doesn't matter, I'll put what I need to them, most likely 2-250w.

gamecock guru
10-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Hey guys, so i have some 265 Rainbow Profi's, and i won't lie they sound amazing. But they don't get loud enough for me. I need loud, much louder, enough to keep up with my substage if not overpower it. I don't want to head for PA drivers/horns, and am space/depth limited to a 6.5" comp set. So I was wondering if going from Profi's to Boston Z6's will be a large difference in loudness? I know they are supposed to be LOUD. So I was thinking an upgrade to them or Some Powerline CS's(but they wont fit).....and wattage doesn't matter, I'll put what I need to them, most likely 2-250w.

those z6's can handle some serious power- 3-400 rms. more power, the better they sound. if you want ridiculous loud the mb quart qsd216's will crank. do you have an eq? a line driver will amplify the signal

adas
10-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I've been thinking about getting a line driver.....wasn't sure if it will help. for EQ I just uses the 880's, works pretty well.

Gary S
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
A line driver is not going to help.

Sounds like you need more power and/or components that can handle more power. I'd go with Critical mass components.

zeuolaxxx
10-03-2007, 05:52 PM

I have the same situation I am about to decided between powerline or boston z6! but boston z6 are as quality and loud as powerline?

adas
10-03-2007, 07:15 PM
A line driver is not going to help.

Sounds like you need more power and/or components that can handle more power. I'd go with Critical mass components.Holy *****.....93 db sensitivity, and 350+ watts to components?:wow:
And neo magnets...hmm. Question is, do they sound good?

Gary S
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
The sound is in league with the rainbows mentioned, maybe better, but you know how subjective sound quality is. Those Rainbows' are excellent, I'll agree with that. But they are my personal favorite for a high power set, and the price is not ridiculous like some other speakers.

And don't let the depth fool you, this is the latest technology, they are able to make them slimmer now... they will have plenty of sound quality plus midbass. The tweeter is interesting also... a metal-impregnated soft dome.

adas
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
KNow of anywhere cheaper to get them then the critical mass site? $900 is quite a bit:confused:

Gary S
10-04-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19723&highlight=critical+mass

Echo42987
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
If I was you I would keep you eyes on the Boston Z6's. I had those in my last setup and was able to fill my entire Yukon with just those running in the front. The Z's can most definetly get loud and they love to be played loud. They work better when your pushing them and they sound the best being played at high levels. I love the Z's I had and still one of my more favorite pairs. I highly recomend you get them!

You won't be disatisfied

-Nick-