PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter help, name some good brands...

RyanH
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
OK i have been working on systems for around 5-6 years now, i have always been big into SPL and basically bass type setups.

Now i am doing a big all around build in my truck and i am doing mids and tweets.

I have no idea on what mids and tweets to get, what sounds good, etc.....

so this is where i need some help...

I have a 2000 Hombre ( same as an s10 )

I want four 5 1/4 or 6" mids in each door, i had Dayton Classics in mind, i heard they sound good and they don't cost a ton.

I also want four tweets in each door, but i am not sure on what brands to use, being i don't know much about mids/tweets...

anyone have any suggestions.

The amp i will be using is a US Amps XT1600.4 or XT1600.2 amp depending on what everyone suggests.

I already have an active crossover, a Coustic XM6.

Thanks,
Ryan

kross
10-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Can't go wrong with the Seas neo aluminum tweeter. $29 from Madisound (http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_250&products_id=633). They also have a soft dome version, but people seem to prefer the aluminum version. But really, 4 per side? Huh?

Also, your best resource for what you're trying to do, is diymobileaudio.com

RyanH
10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
the only real issue i have been running into is ohm loads, if i run 4 per side i need a tweet that is 8ohms. so i can get a total of 2 ohms at the amp.

DejaWiz
10-03-2007, 03:08 PM
x2 on the Seas neos. 4 per door? WOW! Seems a bit of overkill myself, but go for it and post us some pics of the install. :D