PDA

View Full Version : components for CRX

slappinX
10-02-2007, 02:54 AM
anyone with a CRX or installed comps in a CRX know what comps fit in them. i bought some eD 6000v.2 and they are too big depth wise. i tried to make baffles from 3/4 MDF and they are still too big.

i am lookin for a comp that has great midbass and fit inside the factory doors? i dont know the mounting depth for CRX but the 6000s are 2.9". i will sell 6000s and use that money to buy new comps so my budget is around $160.

thanks in advance

gamecock guru
10-02-2007, 03:23 AM
want killer midbass? look no further. save your money. well worth the price. better get them before they sell out. these drivers will fit into just about any door. very shallow mounting depth. also, they will scream... get very loud!

these comps used to go for a 1000 bucks

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1215

tbasile1
10-02-2007, 07:21 AM
want killer midbass? look no further. save your money. well worth the price. better get them before they sell out. these drivers will fit into just about any door. very shallow mounting depth. also, they will scream... get very loud!

Ive seen em sell for an even 300, sometimes a few bucks less too!! And they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try making a baffle to fit Phoenix Gold RSds, ino theyre pretty deep, but you may be able to fit them with a baffle and reviews say they have killer midbass, at a very affordable price ($90-129)

slappinX
10-02-2007, 01:11 PM

i think that is a little to much for me.

as far as RSD, i want to get them but i am afraid that when i get them they will to big also. and then left wit another set sitting in my room.

do CDTs have somewhat of a shallow mount and good midbass?

gamecock guru
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
i think that is a little to much for me.

as far as RSD, i want to get them but i am afraid that when i get them they will to big also. and then left wit another set sitting in my room.

do CDTs have somewhat of a shallow mount and good midbass?

no... cdt's have a very deep mount. i had the es620's and had a hard time fitting them in my silverado.

listen dude, apparently you have a mounting problem. just save your money and get those quarts. they'll mount to anything because of the neo magnets. like buddy said, you might be able to find them for 300. look no further. save your money and them bad boys

Gary S
10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Orion HCCA 6.2 - depth is 2.2"

tbasile1
10-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Orion HCCA 6.2 - depth is 2.2"

the PPIs you suggest are only 2.5 also

and the C-Mass comps u suggest are 2.25, but are they in the OP's price range?

Rich B
10-02-2007, 04:19 PM

I wish Quart would stop using aluminum for their tweeters.

I've never cared for that type of sound in a car.

Gary S
10-02-2007, 05:07 PM
the PPIs you suggest are only 2.5 also

- Yes, the PPI 356cs are close.

But he said midbass, and the Orion set is designed with an emphasis on midbass, and they are in his price range, that's why I suggested them... I see them listed on ebay from time to time from $129.00 - $139.00

and the C-Mass comps u suggest are 2.25, but are they in the OP's price range?

- I have not seen any mention of the Critical Mass comps selling for less than $450.

tbasile1
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
- I have not seen any mention of the Critical Mass comps selling for less than $450.

Wow, didnt think they would be that high.

As for Orions, I did really like the midbass on the C2 version, but tweeter was lacking, but I think you[Gary] said it was a pretty big difference, and at that price for the HCCAs, im sure that fits the OPs application nicely!

gamecock guru
10-02-2007, 11:07 PM
dude, screw all these other suggestions. not one comp they mentioned is comparible to the quarts. you, in all of your life will never see these high dollar comps at this price again. the freaken crossovers are made up of military spec fuses, diodes, and anodes. plus, the crossovers are bi-ampable. are any of the comps listed above meet any of that criteria? no. also, you want have to ever worry about mounting depth. the quarts wil out peform any of the speakers listed above. if not... i'll buy your next comps.

Louisiana_CRX
10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
When I use to do SQ I ran a set of custom kick panels with Boston Pro 6.5's...I switched to SPL and sold the Bostons and threw the kicks to the side...lol...but that thing had great SQ for a CRX and the mounting depth I needed for those doors are really shallow...plus the speaker is right on you...:( very bad location...the Kicks put the sound right where you needed it :)

slappinX
10-02-2007, 11:23 PM
When I use to do SQ I ran a set of custom kick panels with Boston Pro 6.5's...I switched to SPL and sold the Bostons and threw the kicks to the side...lol...but that thing had great SQ for a CRX and the mounting depth I needed for those doors are really shallow...plus the speaker is right on you...:( very bad location...the Kicks put the sound right where you needed it :)

do you have any pics of the kicks?

gamecock guru
10-02-2007, 11:24 PM

you got good midbass out of the kick location? hmm...