PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Vs Boston Acoustic

zeuolaxxx
09-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey guys I want to spend money on a 1 pair of speaker but I don't decided yet.. I am between the Rainbow Powerline CS or the Boston Acoustic z6 or zps6... what do you recommend me? I have a kicker kx800.4.. I want an excellent sound quality, excellent tweeter, an excellent mid!.. I hear trance music.. like DJ Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren.

I want some review that can compare powerline vs z6 or zps6.. Thanks

thefunkybunch
09-29-2007, 11:06 PM
can't speak for the rainbow's because i've never personally heard them (nobody around here carries them) but i've owned the Z6 and absolutely loved them. honestly more midbass than you really need, i actually had to EQ the low end down a bit. midrange/vocals were extremely clear and natural sounding, not strained or tinny like a lot of speakers i've heard (even compared to some very nice sets like the jl ZR's). tweets are very smooth, clear, and accurate. there was honestly nothing at all i did not like about them, except that they need a TON of power to get going. i ended up bridging a boston GT22 on each mid, and running the tweets off a GT20 just because i like the added headroom, but they were fine running a single GT22 on the mids and the GT20 on the tweets. a jl audio 450/4 would be ideal for the set.

zeuolaxxx
09-30-2007, 04:03 AM
can't speak for the rainbow's because i've never personally heard them (nobody around here carries them) but i've owned the Z6 and absolutely loved them. honestly more midbass than you really need, i actually had to EQ the low end down a bit. midrange/vocals were extremely clear and natural sounding, not strained or tinny like a lot of speakers i've heard (even compared to some very nice sets like the jl ZR's). tweets are very smooth, clear, and accurate. there was honestly nothing at all i did not like about them, except that they need a TON of power to get going. i ended up bridging a boston GT22 on each mid, and running the tweets off a GT20 just because i like the added headroom, but they were fine running a single GT22 on the mids and the GT20 on the tweets. a jl audio 450/4 would be ideal for the set.

thanks a lot for the review.!

zeuolaxxx
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Bump! anyone??

DARKHART
09-30-2007, 11:17 PM
No experience with the Rainbows but I LOVE my z6's, I have heard great things about the Rainbow products though.....:D:D:D

the727kid
10-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I like my Cal25s silks better than the Z6s tweets. I will be purchasing Powerline CS soon so I will tell you more then.

zeuolaxxx
10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
I like my Cal25s silks better than the Z6s tweets. I will be purchasing Powerline CS soon so I will tell you more then.

ok thanks for help

Echo42987
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Thats a really tough choice. The powerline is incredible especially since it comes with the Cal25 tweet but the Z6 is an all around well built amazing speaker.

I think the Z6 and the powerline would both be a very good choice as they are both very good speakers.

-Nick-

GlasSman#1
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I have a set of RAinbow CMX 265 in the For Sale section right now. I like them better than the Bostons. I've heard them in many installs.

The tweeter is smooth and very detailed. The woofer has sick midbass and had good detail but not so detailed that it looses it on sub par recordings. They can take some power too. 200 per side with no problems.

the727kid
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Thats a really tough choice. The powerline is incredible especially since it comes with the Cal25 tweet but the Z6 is an all around well built amazing speaker.

I think the Z6 and the powerline would both be a very good choice as they are both very good speakers.

-Nick-

He is looking at the Powerline CS, not the Powerline CMX.....the cmx comes with the cal25 n the cs with the cal 27.

thefunkybunch
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
honestly, i think once you reach a certain calibre of speakers, the installation will determine more of how the final product will sound than the speakers themselves. i loved my Z's, i still love my pro 6.53's, but i've heard nothing but good things about the rainbows as well. honestly, i'd say pick whichever you can get a better deal on, and run with it. put more of your concentrations in the installation itself (driver placement, sound deadening, deadening, deadening, deadening, amplification, tuning, tuning, and more tuning) :) honestly it took me a couple months of tweaking to get the Z's to sound just like i wanted them to, but once they did i pulled a "set it and forget it", went to the ipersonalize site, burned all my settings to a disc in case i lost power, and enjoyed :)

zeuolaxxx
10-01-2007, 11:35 PM
honestly, i think once you reach a certain calibre of speakers, the installation will determine more of how the final product will sound than the speakers themselves. i loved my Z's, i still love my pro 6.53's, but i've heard nothing but good things about the rainbows as well. honestly, i'd say pick whichever you can get a better deal on, and run with it. put more of your concentrations in the installation itself (driver placement, sound deadening, deadening, deadening, deadening, amplification, tuning, tuning, and more tuning) :) honestly it took me a couple months of tweaking to get the Z's to sound just like i wanted them to, but once they did i pulled a "set it and forget it", went to the ipersonalize site, burned all my settings to a disc in case i lost power, and enjoyed :)

lol couple of month to tweaking? wow! it is so hard?

thefunkybunch
10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
lol couple of month to tweaking? wow! it is so hard?

no, i just don't have a lot of time, and i'm suuuuuuuper picky. just tweaked a little here and there when i had free time at work. i work on other people's cars alllllllll day long, the last thing i want to do is work on my own!

zeuolaxxx
10-01-2007, 11:45 PM
no, i just don't have a lot of time, and i'm suuuuuuuper picky. just tweaked a little here and there when i had free time at work. i work on other people's cars alllllllll day long, the last thing i want to do is work on my own!

lol :D.... dude the Z6 how it sound? like loud and quality or loud and distortion.. etc?

thefunkybunch
10-02-2007, 12:05 AM
very loud, and way more quality. i think with either, when they're properly set up, the only distortion you will find is when user error is involved.

zeuolaxxx
10-02-2007, 12:32 AM
the only distortion you will find is when user error is involved.

what means that?

Eugenics
10-02-2007, 12:45 AM
subscribed.

the727kid
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
what means that?

Distortion is caused by clipping.....clipping is caused by the user. Turning the gains to high, or cranking your HU volume to high so the HU sends a clipped signal to the amp.

TC2k15x2
10-02-2007, 08:13 AM
good lord 1k for the Z6's way too much for me lol.

the727kid
10-02-2007, 10:18 AM
They can be had for a lil over $400

carguy83
10-02-2007, 10:29 AM
it's a tough choice between the two. i've always been a big boston acoustics fan and ran a set of bostons in my old car as front stage. now i'm running rainbow in my current car. i think it really comes down to the amount of power you have for the components. bostons, in my experiences, are a tad on the power hungry side. they like lots of power to get loud. rainbow...not so much. but both sets excel when fed properly.

kmu
10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
They can be had for a lil over $400

Where besides Ebay?

the727kid
10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
You can find them on here, my friend got a brand new set for $410 I believe.

thefunkybunch
10-02-2007, 11:41 PM
i got mine for $300 :D gotta love working for an authorized dealer...

Eugenics
10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
i got mine for $300 :D gotta love working for an authorized dealer...

Spread the love.

zeuolaxxx
10-02-2007, 11:59 PM
anyone that used rainbow powerline and now using boston z6 or viceversa??? I want someone that hear both and can compare each one..