PDA

View Full Version : Clarion flipout vrx935vd problem

young_gun
09-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Just got this Clarion VRX935VD unit about a week ago on a trade. Went out today to put it in the truck just to test it out/see how much I liked it and I cant get the screen to come out. I have everything tight and secure. I just have the stuff laying out so I can double check, I have power/ground/turn on. Deck powers up, ejects cd's, plays, everything works. The screen just wont come out. I've seen the deck work in the last owners car (friend) so I know that it works. What could be wrong? I have the parking brake wire grounded as well. Any ideas maybe? Im lost here,lol.

DARKHART
09-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Just got this Clarion VRX935VD unit about a week ago on a trade. Went out today to put it in the truck just to test it out/see how much I liked it and I cant get the screen to come out. I have everything tight and secure. I just have the stuff laying out so I can double check, I have power/ground/turn on. Deck powers up, ejects cd's, plays, everything works. The screen just wont come out. I've seen the deck work in the last owners car (friend) so I know that it works. What could be wrong? I have the parking brake wire grounded as well. Any ideas maybe? Im lost here,lol.

Try pressing the rest button to reboot the processor.......:D:D:D

young_gun
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Try pressing the rest button to reboot the processor.......:D:D:D

Tried it 3 times, still got the same thing. I reset it on the brainbox and at the flipout unit. :(

Louisiana_CRX
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
sounds like you might of been scammed....

young_gun
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
sounds like you might of been scammed....

Nah nah, its a friend, I've seen the deck work before he took it out. I was just wondering if i was missing something.

cbrrocketrdr
09-30-2007, 08:09 PM
does it try to come out at all?...bc when i was mounting my 7800mp...i tightened the bracket that held it in TOO tight and that caused my motorized face not to open up and come down...i was getting real pissed until i found out what had happened.....

young_gun
09-30-2007, 08:11 PM
does it try to come out at all?...bc when i was mounting my 7800mp...i tightened the bracket that held it in TOO tight and that caused my motorized face not to open up and come down...i was getting real pissed until i found out what had happened.....

Well, I tried it with the deck sitting in my lap, so I know it wasnt too tight anywhere. Does the parking brake on these decks need to be on a switch like some other flip outs?

Louisiana_CRX
09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I have seen decks go bad from just walking in a store and going out and re cranking the vehicle...I had another go bad from changing it from one vehicle to another...so decks can be funny....both of those decks I've had those experiences with were very expensive decks also

young_gun
09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I have seen decks go bad from just walking in a store and going out and re cranking the vehicle...I had another go bad from changing it from one vehicle to another...so decks can be funny....both of those decks I've had those experiences with were very expensive decks also

Hrm, I see. Well, hopefully its just something simple I'm overlooking. Worst case scenario he takes it back and we'll work something out.

JT1979
09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
do you have the e-brake wire hooked to the brake?

If so is the e-brake engauged?
If not then where is it grounded to?

that shouldnt affect the screen coming out though! HUH!

Louisiana_CRX
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
It doesn't on the newer model clarions

young_gun
09-30-2007, 11:07 PM
do you have the e-brake wire hooked to the brake?

If so is the e-brake engauged?
If not then where is it grounded to?

that shouldnt affect the screen coming out though! HUH!
I had it grounded with the ground for the deck/unit itself.

Oh ok, well then, hrm.

DARKHART
09-30-2007, 11:15 PM

Nor on the older ones either....I've ran the vrx815 and it doesn't :D:D:D