PDA

View Full Version : L7 ported or sealed?



klepto
03-16-2003, 08:21 PM
what are you personal opinions on the best way to get my L7 runnin well. It will be running of a Ca-1200 amp at 2ohms, 900watts rms. right now i am leaning towards a 3 cubic foot ported box but still not sure. thanks

nswartley
03-16-2003, 08:22 PM
if you go ported, it will have to be a big box.....l7s need really big boxes to even remotely sound well/get loud....

fantomas
03-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by klepto
what are you personal opinions on the best way to get my L7 runnin well. It will be running of a Ca-1200 amp at 2ohms, 900watts rms. right now i am leaning towards a 3 cubic foot ported box but still not sure. thanks

i would port it....

80_Cutlass_mn
03-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by klepto
what are you personal opinions on the best way to get my L7 runnin well. It will be running of a Ca-1200 amp at 2ohms, 900watts rms. right now i am leaning towards a 3 cubic foot ported box but still not sure. thanks

Wait a sec that amp is only stable to 4ohms bridged and thats what that amp puts out bridged. What type subs do you have, dvc 4ohm or dvc 2ohm. If it is dual 2ohm then wire the vc's in series and bridge the amp. If it is dual 4ohm then wire each coil to its own channel and it will get 600 rms.

fantomas
03-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn
Wait a sec that amp is only stable to 4ohms bridged and thats what that amp puts out bridged. What type subs do you have, dvc 4ohm or dvc 2ohm. If it is dual 2ohm then wire the vc's in series and bridge the amp. If it is dual 4ohm then wire each coil to its own channel and it will get 600 rms.

isnt the l7 svc 3ohm?! :confused:

80_Cutlass_mn
03-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Nope its either DVC 2ohm or DVC 4ohm. I'm not too sure if it comes in a SVC version or not.:confused:

fantomas
03-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn
Nope its either DVC 2ohm or DVC 4ohm. I'm not too sure if it comes in a SVC version or not.:confused:

oops, my bad. i saw l7 and thought w7 :banghead:
you're right, they're either 2ohm dvc or 4ohm dvc.

80_Cutlass_mn
03-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Yup and for the Profile CL1200 and the CA1200 then you would need the DVC 2ohm so that you could wire the coils in series and then bridge the amp and get 900rms. Allthough that would prolly be a lil too much for the even the L7's so id keep the gains turned down. But if you wanted a sure enough loud burp and had a large ported box. Crank them gains up a lil and burp them suckers and your bound to be deaf;) :D

pioneer
03-17-2003, 10:43 PM
i am running mine 2.0 cubic feet sealed...iwas a bit skeptical at first...cuz i had it in a ported 2.5 before...didnt give me what i wanted

now it sounds really clean and goes low and a bit loud
loud enough to trip off many alarms ( i didnt do it on purpose...i was jus testing)

oh its runnin off a jbl 1200.1 at 4 ohm

klepto
03-18-2003, 07:52 PM
oh its runnin off a jbl 1200.1 at 4 ohm

how many watts are you givin it woth that amp?

mgaidica
03-18-2003, 07:56 PM
(well a 1200.1 gives out 600 watts @4 ohms, 1200 watts @ 2 ohms and 1 ohm, if thats what ur asking:p )

klepto
03-18-2003, 08:00 PM
good, ill be sending my L7 600watts@4ohms in a 1.5^ft sealed box..(aint a lotta room in the back of a jeep). gettin it all finished up and runnin tomorow =)

pioneer
03-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by klepto
good, ill be sending my L7 600watts@4ohms in a 1.5^ft sealed box..(aint a lotta room in the back of a jeep). gettin it all finished up and runnin tomorow =)

lemme know how it sounds
although i think you should go 2.0 cubic feet

stuff it 50% with polyfill...also make sure the sub is broken in properly