PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Eclipse..can Anyone Answer My ?

p3fosgate-impal
09-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Can U Swap A 1.8 Engine With A 2.0 Turbo Engine Is The Bolt Pattern Any Different And Will I Need A New Transmission???

Lunchbocks
09-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Besides different motor mounts, you also have to consider different wiring harnesses, fuel system and exhaust routing. Not to mention plumbing for the intercooler and different intake setup.

p3fosgate-impal
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
thanx a lot..;)

Skip01
09-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Yehhh i think u may could get the 2.0 FWD Turbo in...but as said its gonna need wirin harness and mounts and all

19psi
09-28-2007, 02:32 PM
check out www.vfaq.com and www.dsmtalk.com for detailed info.

dB-SPL
09-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Can U Swap A 1.8 Engine With A 2.0 Turbo Engine Is The Bolt Pattern Any Different And Will I Need A New Transmission???

Honestly.. It's going to be cheaper + soooo much easier to just start with a Turbo DSM to begin with. You'll have to find a 6-bolt 4G63T with the FULL harness. You can use a 7-bolt, but I'd stay clear of them as they tend to crankwalk quite often( and it's just more work). Then you'll need to route a new exhaust system and find a sufficient fuel supply. You can use the same tranny.

-Bill-

19psi
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
that's true, there's a good clean awd 91 shell sitting here, nice paint, intact harness and everything, just needs engine and trans, $500. they're everywhere if you look. people can't keep them running for some reason. dumb kids....

dB-SPL
09-29-2007, 12:02 AM
They can't keep them running because they do this.. Almost any idiot with a turbocharged vehicle hears that they produce these things called 'boost controllers'. They figure.. "More boost, more power" without even considering the fact that tuning and more fuel is also needed. Hook it up, "Lets see what 30psi will do with nothing but a CAI"... Dun dun dun.. Another one bites the dust.. :)

-Bill-

p3fosgate-impal
10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Honestly.. It's going to be cheaper + soooo much easier to just start with a Turbo DSM to begin with. You'll have to find a 6-bolt 4G63T with the FULL harness. You can use a 7-bolt, but I'd stay clear of them as they tend to crankwalk quite often( and it's just more work). Then you'll need to route a new exhaust system and find a sufficient fuel supply. You can use the same tranny.

-Bill-

SO YOU SUGGEST FINDING A ECLIPSE WITH A 2.0 AND BUILDING OFF THAT INSTEAD OF SWAPING ENGINES?

Ferendon
10-09-2007, 11:50 PM
No... the 420a is a 2.0. The 4g63 is a 2.0. And they are worlds apart.

He's suggesting find an already-turbo DSM. And as far as they "reliability issues" go with DSMs. They're self-perpetuating myths. As stated above, people think they can simply pump the boost to 30 psi, and do 6k clutch drops cause "it's AWD, it's made to launch". Any DSM you find is gonna be
1)babied --- very rare... VERY.
2)built --- expensive, and never buy someone's project
3)busted --- typical, and very cheap. The perfect project.