PDA

View Full Version : installing in a 2006 altima

hoss
09-23-2007, 07:16 PM
anyone ever put a HU in a 2006 altima? or can someone hook me up with a link or some info on how to do so?

thanks in advance :)

billabongcr
09-23-2007, 07:18 PM
pretty sure its never been done before. youll be the first.

:)

hoss
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
thats what i was afraid of...

just another trend that i will be setting :) . so unless someone can prove me wrong by providing information or a link showing/explaining how to do it, then i will continue through life knowing that i am indeed, a car audio god :)

cjj2d
09-23-2007, 11:17 PM
actually it is pretty **** simple. I have an 02 altima, which is not much different, and the main dash where the head unit is and AC controls should just pop off.... then from there there are 4 screws that secure the factory unit into the dash. Remove those, disconnect the wire harness and install new unit.

Of course you will want to have a Altima head unit kit that takes up the whole space the factory unit was in, and usually has a pocket below the head unit for stuff.

VERY EASY install....

hoss
09-24-2007, 06:26 AM
awesome, thats the kind of info im looking for :) . thanks man!

do the dash pieces start popping off down near the floor and i have to work off? or is it just one piece that needs to come off? and it just pops right off?

any links with pics?

MisterGrubbs
09-24-2007, 06:30 AM
I messed with a 2000 altima earlier, and if yours is anything like it in concept it's easy. There is a trip piece around the shifter and one above your HU that pops off, it all pops off except the HU itself. Two screws above it, two below it, unscrew, do your install.

Hopefully it's not different in the newer ones???

cjj2d
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM
right above the little cd holder cubbie in front of the gear shifter, that center "dash piece" should just pop straight out. then you will see it from there and understand. like I said its very simple. Just be gentle when pulling on your dash.