PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for HU

chsnodg2
09-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Sorry for being a noob but, can I have a basic rundown of what features are important in an HU?

And what are your suggestions for the cheapest HU's with good functionality(and ipod hookup)?

Thanks in advance

vasilios
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
i look for a good EQ (at least 5 band), a high pre-out voltage doesnt hurt, time alignment, x-over, etc, etc...

hemi=22s
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
good value headunit for nice setup with ipod cable and full ipod control/charges ipod when plugged in pioneer deh-5900ib prob around 175 or cheaper if u buy on ebay

u wanna look for ipod, bt, # or preamps, mp3 compatible, voltage of preouts if ur installing amps too, if u like flashy display or not, amount of adjustments, since u are new u might not want something with a whole lot of adjustments

u have to know what u want in a radio if ur using amps, bluetooth, ipod depensds oon ur usage what features to look for

vasilios
09-23-2007, 08:09 PM
and i dont use ipod/mp3 bullsh!t... the sound quality due to the crammed
bit-rate is horrendous

alxmlr789
09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
i look for a good EQ (at least 5 band), a high pre-out voltage doesnt hurt, time alignment, x-over, etc, etc...

I dunno if he can find all that in one of the "cheapest head units"

I would look for an alpine cda-9856 or lower. I've used both alpine and pioneers for ipod, and ill say that alpine is far more superior for just that function. Now if you want more options with the ipod controller, i would look to pioneer.

vasilios
09-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I dunno if he can find all that in one of the "cheapest head units"

I would look for an alpine cda-9856 or lower. I've used both alpine and pioneers for ipod, and ill say that alpine is far more superior for just that function. Now if you want more options with the ipod controller, i would look to pioneer.

He asked what features are important in a HU, so i answered him :fyi:

He can then base his decision on a "cheap" or "not cheap" HU when he has a basic knoweldge of what to look for in one.