PDA

View Full Version : Fireing into the Cabin

SethPhillips
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
ok right now i have my set up fireing into my trunk. been thinking about turning it around and pulling the whole back seat out.

do i have to completely seal of the cab from the trunk??? not 100% on that?
thanks seth

Twistid
09-23-2007, 06:15 PM
boobs

SethPhillips
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
yall just come on this forum to play huh
twisted dude come on man i would help you help me ( ohio playas )

NeverEnuffBass
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Yes seal it off completely or there will be some cancelation issues

Twistid
09-23-2007, 06:20 PM
leave it firing twords the rear... just my opinion

SethPhillips
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
ok cause i have a few holes in my rear deck. once i flip the box around to fire into the cabin i will have some gaps on the side.. so just wanted to get an idea if it was true or not.

if you want to see mysetup it's all on my myspace page.

azbass
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
yes, you will Want to Seal off the front woofer baffle from the trunk as Much as possible.

good luck

SethPhillips
09-23-2007, 06:26 PM
thanks for tha input azbass. im gunna pull it all out and have my budy rinoliner my trunk, rear deck, and all that!

Stem
09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
wait so you want to seal off the trunk completely? why?

does it matter which way the subs face even if you have holes in your rear deck? personally i had 2 6x9's on the rear deck but i took em out so the air would have someplace to go.

or do i want to completely seal it off and have it facing towards the license plate end of the trunk?

SethPhillips
09-23-2007, 07:14 PM
wait so you want to seal off the trunk completely? why?

does it matter which way the subs face even if you have holes in your rear deck? personally i had 2 6x9's on the rear deck but i took em out so the air would have someplace to go.

or do i want to completely seal it off and have it facing towards the license plate end of the trunk?

if you are fireing ur sub's INTO the TRUNK you want as mutch of that sound to flow into the cabin.

if you are fireing INTO the CABIN you want to seal off the front of the baffle from the rear of the trunk.

mlstrass
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
My experience has been that firing forward sounds a little tighter/cleaner as I've had both set ups in my car. I prefer forward firing and losing ALL the trunk rattle is a plus.

And yes seal it off as much as possible. You could add panels to the top/sides of the box so it fills the opening or I've heard of guys using blankets to fill in the gaps.

I have a build log with some pics of how I did mine...

swangin68
09-23-2007, 07:28 PM
i have firing in the cabin, back of the box against the rear of the trunk. and i get no cancellation. as long as the box is pushed all the way back u will get no cancellation. sound waves cant go back any farther then the box already is try it and see for urself..im ported also...great output...and no RATTLE

azbass
09-23-2007, 07:32 PM
i have firing in the cabin, back of the box against the rear of the trunk. and i get no cancellation. as long as the box is pushed all the way back u will get no cancellation. sound waves cant go back any farther then the box already is try it and see for urself..im ported also...great output...and no RATTLE

while it may work.

this is not the best/correct way for this type of foward facing install..

Stem
09-23-2007, 08:05 PM
k so if firing forward towards the inside of the car you want to seal off the whole trunk, everything.

but if your firing towards the rear of the trunk you want to open it up and get as much air into the cabin

swangin68
09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
while it may work.

this is not the best/correct way for this type of foward facing install..

OK thats ur opinion, but i have done all variations and this is by far the loudest and cleanest and easiest to build...!!!!u should try it sometime!!!

NJTStang11
09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
OK thats ur opinion, but i have done all variations and this is by far the loudest and cleanest and easiest to build...!!!!u should try it sometime!!!

I'm not 100% sure on this, but if the box is pushed all the way to the rear, firing forward 90% of trunks will still get cancellation. In almost every car the opening from fold down seats is less wide than the furthest point of the trunk, therefor creating cancellation before it even entered the cabin?

SethPhillips
10-05-2007, 01:25 PM
well finished my fireing into the cabin project in my dodge. completely seald off the trunk from the cabin. rino lined the whole inside of my trunk, rear deck, back seat frame and my sub box. and mounted my amps under the seat's...

sounds to me about give or take 2-3 db's louder. and sounds actually really clean:D

look's good. if i can i will throw up some pics on here.

Shannon
10-11-2007, 05:10 PM
hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

i thought i'd bump this rather than get flamed for not at least searching.

i've got a question,

say i've got a box that pretty much takes up the entire trunk with the sub firing at the backward (to the rear of the car) not forward (into the cabin).

if i removed the rear speakers from the rear deck, would this cause cancellation or a drop in spl?

Stem
10-12-2007, 09:12 PM
according to what im reading, that would be ideal. seeing as to how you want as much air flowing into the cabin as possible, removing the rear deck speakers would be good.

thats what im gonna do, remove my ****** 6x9's from the rear deck and put them in an enclosure ON the rear deck, and cover the holes with some 6x9 grilles. to get more air flowing into the cabin

Shannon
10-12-2007, 10:37 PM
according to what im reading, that would be ideal. seeing as to how you want as much air flowing into the cabin as possible, removing the rear deck speakers would be good.

thats what im gonna do, remove my ****** 6x9's from the rear deck and put them in an enclosure ON the rear deck, and cover the holes with some 6x9 grilles. to get more air flowing into the cabin

awesome. thanks for the input man.