PDA

View Full Version : ShawnFleming Scamming now or what?

Gilliz
09-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Since I cannot seem to get your attention through PM or email, I'll post here. I have sent you a couple PM's and an email, I just seen you while logged on, then logged off, and no response? It has been 10 days since paypal cleared. You promised tracking #. Why nothing?

One more day then I file a dispute.

I guess reps aren't all they're cracked up to be eh?

tapout
09-22-2007, 08:01 PM
you got more info? what did you purchase? Did it have to be built?

CRXBMPN
09-22-2007, 08:02 PM
I wouldnt be all that concerned, aside from tardiness on the transaction I wouldnt consider it a scam. Finals is close!!

Gilliz
09-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I purchased a used 15 xxx he was selling. He said crate was built ready to be shipped out, just waiting for payment to clear. It cleared, I notified him. He said he would ship out same time next day and get me the tracking number. 10 days later nothing, and he won't seem to respond.

Gilliz
09-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I wouldnt be all that concerned, aside from tardiness on the transaction I wouldnt consider it a scam. Finals is close!!

But, if he would tell me that, all would be gravy. Prob is, No feedback. Wouldn't you be concerned?

quakerroatmeal
09-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Funny how there was a thread called the worst thing about a seller, and the majority of the votes goes to communications. I hate transactions that have horrible communications.

AudioAnonymous
09-22-2007, 08:08 PM
strange........

tapout
09-22-2007, 08:09 PM
But, if he would tell me that, all would be gravy. Prob is, No feedback. Wouldn't you be concerned?

Shawn has plenty of feedback. Just wait till the masses come. they will tell you so.

iagrdshaka
09-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Way too many people know Shawn personally, so there is no way he could pull off a scam on you. Don't know why he's avoiding your pm's though.

duece212
09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
When will people learn to set low expectations. Low expectations are much easier to meet/beat than setting the bar high.

Seriously though...no communication after a sale *****. I'm sure its not a scam, but no communication after you drop alot of money can be a bit un-nerving.

JT1979
09-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I'll PM him on the FloridaSPL.com wb site for you.

JT1979
09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
PM sent!

Gilliz
09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Thx m8. Looking to clear this BS up.

Qbenjamin
09-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Shawn has plenty of feedback. Just wait till the masses come. they will tell you so.

Doesn't matter if he has "GOD" as a reference, the minute you start slacking and ignoring the emails a buyer has sent you, you are **** in my book. It doesn't make it any easier, when well known and respected members start screwing up transactions. There is no excuse for Shawn, you sell to someone, you accept there payment, payment clears, you don't ship, you deserve a swift kick in the ***.

JT1979
09-22-2007, 11:29 PM
understandable! I DO NOT think he is scamming you by ne means, but apparently something came up and he atleast should let you know whats up.

slick rick
09-22-2007, 11:37 PM
I know Shawn personally...he will take care of it. Maybe he sent it and forgot the tracking #, who knows.

Gilliz
09-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Doesn't matter if he has "GOD" as a reference, the minute you start slacking and ignoring the emails a buyer has sent you, you are **** in my book. It doesn't make it any easier, when well known and respected members start screwing up transactions. There is no excuse for Shawn, you sell to someone, you accept there payment, payment clears, you don't ship, you deserve a swift kick in the ***.

/Thread. Well said m8. If someone on here buys something from me, soon as it clears and I'm off work, I will ship STAT. Hell, If the buyer wanted it as soon as it cleared and I was at work, I would send my wife to ship it. But hey, thats just me.

slick rick
09-22-2007, 11:41 PM
/Thread. Well said m8. If someone on here buys something from me, soon as it clears and I'm off work, I will ship STAT. Hell, If the buyer wanted it as soon as it cleared and I was at work, I would send my wife to ship it. But hey, thats just me.

I'm the same way...it just ***** that some people are not. I feel guilty if I dont ship it the same day I receive the $.

shawnfleming
09-23-2007, 11:02 AM
1ZA45R640332941404

Here you go. The funds cleared, it shipped the next day. I have been out of town, for work, Just got back in about an hour ago and saw all the PM's and Emails from youl, I appologize, but it did go out the very next day after your echeck cleared. And actually I did have my father ship it, as I was out of town on work.

Safe-N-Sound215
09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Problem solved.

mobeious
09-23-2007, 12:05 PM
shawn as a scammer, that will be the day

filtor1
09-23-2007, 12:44 PM
This could have been handled 1000x better. You should have gotten more contact information than a ca.com screen name.

JT1979
09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Shawn is the Man still! WOOHOO!

bonesninja
09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
This could have been handled 1000x better. You should have gotten more contact information than a ca.com screen name.

ummm he tried email as well........

he has every right to make a post like this. Even tho Shawn is on the up-&-up, how is a buyer to know when there is no communication after the sale?

SuperTrooper
09-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Same shitz, different thread.

80INCHES
09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
shawn as a scammer, that will be the day

i totally agree
this thread should be deleted cuz this didnt make sense...

massiveaudiocw
09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Shawns a great guy, sometimes things come up that you cant controll. There are alot of bad people on the internet looking to scam you and what not, but besides them there area ALOT of good people to deal with. Do your research before buying and selling. I have hundreds of transactions and only lost out maybe twice? Glade shawn was able to clear this up. Best of luck to you both.

Corey

Twistid
09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
dident make sence? 10 days with no contact? no reply's to email or pm?

i wait 3-4 days , if no contact, i retract my payment... how hard is it to spend 1 minute 27 seconds to open up internet explorer, type in caraudio.com and send a pm?

filtor1
09-23-2007, 01:08 PM
ummm he tried email as well........

he has every right to make a post like this. Even tho Shawn is on the up-&-up, how is a buyer to know when there is no communication after the sale?

So the proper coarse of action is to post a thread in a public forum 10 days after the check has cleared and threated to file a complaint? Sorry, you can't convince me of that. Take 2 days off the 10 for weekends, yes he works his *** off on weekends, which leaves a mere 8 days w/o communications. Yes, I definitely think it would have been prudent of him to sent a tracking number. That is about the only thing I can side with you on.

I had a very similar experience with my last purchase from a ca.com member. I got the tracking number and tracked it online. It was delivered to another state. I tried to PM, but his box was full. I posted a thread asking him to clear his PM's. He did. I sent another and it ended up that he mistakenly gave me the incorrect tracking number. Problem solved. No public chopping block that may mislead other buyers in the future.

I am not saying he didn't have the right to make this post. I am saying he did so in haste without trying to look for an alternative method of contact to resolve the situation. A knee jerk reaction on a public forum that may have a negative effect on someone b/c of a simple oversight is uncalled for. I honestly cringe at the thought of doing business with customers like that.

filtor1
09-23-2007, 01:10 PM

i wait 3-4 days , if no contact, i retract my payment... how hard is it to spend 1 minute 27 seconds to open up internet explorer, type in caraudio.com and send a pm?

Bingo. He would have responded by the end of the day. Guaranteed.

shawnfleming
09-23-2007, 02:57 PM

Um just to make this public, there wasnt 10 days of no communication. On wednesday, when it cleared, there was communication stating that the item would go out tommorrow(thursday). I have literally done tons of trasactions on the forums. Heck I have done over a dozen in the past 2 weeks alone. It just so happens that he paid with an e-check and I waited for it to clear. He was hitting me up quite regularly to see if I shipped it yet, I said no, b/c the payment hasnt cleared, which I can understand, he bought product and was just anxious about getting it. I had to go out of town on business for 3.5 days, and the lines of communication did go down then, I do agree, but as soon as I got home and check my email, which by the way was over 200 messages, I did see where he tried to contact me, plus I had many friend/customers, that sent me to this thread. I dont believe I did anything wrong, but if I did, I do appologize.

Again thanks for everyone that had my back. And I am sorry that this was brought up like this.

Shawn

ngsm13
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I take thread like these with a grain of salt, the person who starts such a thread is ALWAYS over exaggerating... and usually doesn't even show proof or details.

:rolleyes:

nG

JT1979
09-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Just think as you were typing all this up, your package was in the mail on its way to you. Shawn had no way of communicating with you, so, of course you didnt know this, but................ Shawb has much better things to do than scam someone and he has made everything good as he made sure you stuff went out even when he wasn't around to ship it himself.

Johnny Drama
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
This thing is long over and done...