PDA

View Full Version : displacement of a 12" Brahma

jinx8402
03-14-2003, 10:46 PM
anybody know what the displacement of a 12" brahma is? we're in the middle of designing a box for my brother who is about to order a brahma. he will be sending 1000 watts to it, and we just want to make sure we have the exact size. also, what would the ideal size be for a sealed box, because on Adire's site it only lists 900 watts and 1300 watts. thanks for any help guys.

nswartley
03-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by jinx8402
anybody know what the displacement of a 12" brahma is? we're in the middle of designing a box for my brother who is about to order a brahma. he will be sending 1000 watts to it, and we just want to make sure we have the exact size. also, what would the ideal size be for a sealed box, because on Adire's site it only lists 900 watts and 1300 watts. thanks for any help guys.

just make it a tad bigger than the 900watt size.....with a sealed you wont see a huge difference

Anh
03-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by jinx8402

Displacement, the exact volume of the driver (is that what you mean?) or is this the actual displacement of the cone area x excursion?

If you cant find the manufacturer figures, then you just need to make a rough calculation of the diamensions of the driver. You can get the area of the magnet x height of magnet, add that to the area of cone x distance between the behind of the mount and the front of the magnet, you'll be few cubic inches off, but not enough to cause mis-tuning.

mamey69
03-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by nswartley
just make it a tad bigger than the 900watt size.....with a sealed you wont see a huge difference

doesn´t have to be a little smaller? because is more power.....

nswartley
03-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by mamey69
doesn´t have to be a little smaller? because is more power.....

edit....my bad.....