PDA

View Full Version : A site that has step by step instructions on building a box?

Gunlex
09-20-2007, 09:33 PM
I need a site that will go step by step on how to build an enclosure. Such as what type of screws(size), types of glues, and the order in which you use all these.

Thanks,
G

Gunlex
09-21-2007, 03:07 AM
no one knows? or is everyone just too busy to reply? I have found some OK sites, but none that are detailed enough!

Scoobydoo
09-21-2007, 03:10 AM
what do you think this is a car audio site? we are all too busy talking politics or racism to notice this thread

maybe you should change the title to "A site that has step by step instructions on building a BLACK box", you might get some attention

sorry i cant help i have never built a box

mlstrass
09-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Just search and read some of the MANY box build logs on here as ALL the info you need is there.

Screws - 1 5/8" course drywall
glue - titebond II or III
caulk - non silicone
carpet - walmart has gray or black
3/32" drill bit to pre drill holes

Once all your wood is cut, mark and pre drill the bottom piece. Attach the front piece to the bottom and work your way around counter clockwise until the back is on. Then do the internal port wall(s), then the outer port wall. Add in any bracing and 45's in the corners if doing them. Pre drill then put on the top.

Clean up with flush trim bit, do sub cut out, round over port opening. Caulk all inside seams. Throw in speaker terminals. Carpet box and it's done.

If you're going to paint the port you usually want to tape off and do those before starting assembly, unless it's a big port that you can get into easily.

That's pretty much how I do it, but it's off the top of my head at 2am, so I may have missed some minor details.

Hope that helps some...

PV Audio
09-21-2007, 07:36 AM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224612&

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197899&

Gunlex
09-21-2007, 01:06 PM
THANK YOU!! Now after i finish reading i shall begin :veryhapp:

Gunlex
09-21-2007, 01:10 PM
and PV Audio, i cant believe those arent stickies...I actually couldnt believe it when a guide wasnt a sticky under the "Enclosure Design & CONSTRUCTION HELP" section :confused:

PV Audio
09-21-2007, 01:39 PM
You and me both. :)

But apparently the mods don't like my free blowjobs :(

Gunlex
09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
:p: do you possibly have the link to caraudiojunkyard with that other guys tutorial?