PDA

View Full Version : bose hu with pac in non-bose car?

kobalt
09-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Hello,

I am trying to use a oem bose hu in a non-bose car as the bose unit has cd-changer / mp3 capability. Nothing aftermarket seems to match my 350Z well and besides I like the oem look but I need a bit of help: Aside from learning that I can use a pac to accomplish this my audio experience is limited to replacing a few oem car radios with aftermarket ones. I've never wired a pac. I would greatly appreciate any help with this project!

Regards,

-Mike

tez4life
09-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Thats going to be rather difficult, I think that you will have a better chance of finding a aftermarket HU than trying to match that OEM Bose to a car it was not design for. I understand what your trying to do, its just going to be very difficult.

frzninvt
09-20-2007, 01:59 PM
OMG why in the world would someone want to put a garbage BOSE OEM HU in a 350Z. A boombox on the front seat would sound better. Get an iPod and some good headphones you will thank yourself later.

No Highs - No Low's - It must be BOSE!

starkfu
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
No Highs - No Low's - It must be BOSE!
QFMFT!!!!

for what you are doing, I don't see how it is going to work unless you install the bose amps into the car.

The PAC piece you speak of is to adapt an aftermarket HU into the bose system, it doesn't work the opposite way. To install this bose HU, you need the factory Bose amps and speakers for that matter, along with the best invention ever..... the spare tire subwoofer enclosure..... nissan brainchild at its best.

If you desire those features, go aftermarket.
There are a TON of aftermarket things out there that will "match" the 350Z, in fact it is one of the more popular cars to do full systems in due to the angle of the rear glass (gives good bass response).

So figure out what HU you think meets your needs (I always suggest alpine), get yourself a kit and harness

http://bestkits.com/i/bkndk744.jpg
there is also a double din version

I always suggest best kits
single or double din HU - BKNDK744

Then go from there, just upgrading the HU will make a major improvement.

kobalt
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
The PAC piece you speak of is to adapt an aftermarket HU into the bose system, it doesn't work the opposite way

So that wont work :( I need something with amber switches then to match the Z. I found an Alpine 9881r but it's not sold in the US. Any ideas?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop//images/var/ALPINE-CDE-9881R.jpg

sue bee
09-20-2007, 03:10 PM
find it on ebay. you lack sense, btw.

kobalt
09-21-2007, 08:35 AM
find it on ebay. you lack sense, btw.

I lack sense for wanting to keep my car aesthetically pleasing or not finding it on ebay? How about you contribute a sensible response or threadcrap elsewhere

sue bee
09-23-2007, 03:04 PM
I lack sense for wanting to keep my car aesthetically pleasing or not finding it on ebay? How about you contribute a sensible response or threadcrap elsewhere

No, sir. You're the one who is out of line.
You lack sense because you seem to be under the impression that only one headunit in the world comes in an amber backlight. Apparently there is some sort of conspiracy against the color amber. Ergo, you lack sense.

At any rate, have you looked into Nakamichi? They have some options that have a nice amber color to them. It's not Alpine, but if you quit being a *****, I'm sure it'll work just as well. Good luck.

ngsm13
09-23-2007, 03:21 PM
QFMFT!!!!

for what you are doing, I don't see how it is going to work unless you install the bose amps into the car.

The PAC piece you speak of is to adapt an aftermarket HU into the bose system, it doesn't work the opposite way. To install this bose HU, you need the factory Bose amps and speakers for that matter, along with the best invention ever..... the spare tire subwoofer enclosure..... nissan brainchild at its best.

There is a PAC piece that will do it.

nG

starkfu
09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
There is a PAC piece that will do it.

nG

hrmm, what piece is this, I have been using PAC and peripheral products for years and don't remember ever seeing a product come available that would simulate bose amplifiers so that a bose HU could operate in a different vehicle without the bose amps......

I think you are confusing that if he wanted to use his bose factory amps and speakers with an aftermarket HU.

starkfu
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
So that wont work :( I need something with amber switches then to match the Z. I found an Alpine 9881r but it's not sold in the US. Any ideas?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop//images/var/ALPINE-CDE-9881R.jpg

Most alpines have adjustable illumination.

If you get a CDA-9835, you can adjust it infinately. 256 different colors I believe.

ngsm13
09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
hrmm, what piece is this, I have been using PAC and peripheral products for years and don't remember ever seeing a product come available that would simulate bose amplifiers so that a bose HU could operate in a different vehicle without the bose amps......

I think you are confusing that if he wanted to use his bose factory amps and speakers with an aftermarket HU.

No, it depends on the particular unit correct? Aren't the peripheral pieces able to take the pre-out signal from a bose HU itself?

If not, I fully understand the other use you are speaking of... and the need for the bose amplifier.

nG