PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Florida users look!

TC2k15x2
09-18-2007, 11:11 PM
If you can build enclosures well I will pay you to build me one if I can actually watch the whole thing. I live in debary/deltona not too far from orlando. If you live near me let me know I need this thing done.

Twistid
09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
its not hard, u cut wood, put wood glue on, use clamps to secure together, then tack nail

billabongcr
09-18-2007, 11:13 PM
make your own

hemi=22s
09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
make ur own get ur dimensions go to home depot and pay them 50 cents per cut, buy some screws and liquid nails if u cant match up precut wood and drill holes u ****, besides if u screw up go back and try again prob cost u 100 bucks if u screw up the first 3 times
it is very easy just build the box to the speaker specs remembering to subtract displacement for the port if applicable and speaker itself

formula for box volume lengthxwidthxheight divided by 1728 equals volume
measure from inside dimensions cause 2 sides add 1.5" to the side for wood

use <3/4" mdf

hemi=22s
09-18-2007, 11:19 PM
make your own

btw im WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than u just so u know

billabongcr
09-18-2007, 11:21 PM
make ur own get ur dimensions go to home depot and pay them 50 cents per cut, buy some screws and liquid nails if u cant match up precut wood and drill holes u ****, besides if u screw up go back and try again prob cost u 100 bucks if u screw up the first 3 times
it is very easy just build the box to the speaker specs remembering to subtract displacement for the port if applicable and speaker itself

use <3/4" mdf

home depot didnt want to make any extra cuts for me..even when i offered to pay the kid. they said when i bought the wood..they would cut the wood in half, and then one of those halves they would cut in half again. thats it.

billabongcr
09-18-2007, 11:21 PM
btw im WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than u just so u know

your still mad that me > you?

TC2k15x2
09-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Yea I would do that but I want stuff like double baffle so the subs are flush mounted, rounded edges, and bracing. I will *pay* someone to do it for me. I dont have the experience to do all of this. I know I can do a simple box but I want someone that knows what they are doing to help design / build it on the spot for me. Plus I dont have clamps and would rather not have to buy them.

billabongcr
09-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Yea I would do that but I want stuff like double baffle so the subs are flush mounted, rounded edges, and bracing. I will *pay* someone to do it for me. I dont have the experience to do all of this. I know I can do a simple box but I want someone that knows what they are doing to help design / build it on the spot for me. Plus I dont have clamps and would rather not have to buy them.

i have clamps but never used them, just screw the boards together, assemble the box, and once its done..seal the seams with liquid nail. not too hard. takes about an afternoon to do.

JT1979
09-18-2007, 11:28 PM

use <3/4" mdf

throw a tantrum. HomeDepot is suppose to cut as many cuts as you want (FREE) IF you buy the wood from them. My buddy that works there let me in on this. He said most of them are biches, but just speak to a manager.

TC2k15x2
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Yea I understand all of that, its just that when it comes to cutting circles for the flush mount I dont think it will be to pretty. :blackeye:

hemi=22s
09-18-2007, 11:44 PM
throw a tantrum. HomeDepot is suppose to cut as many cuts as you want (FREE) IF you buy the wood from them. My buddy that works there let me in on this. He said most of them are biches, but just speak to a manager.

they usually charge 50 cents after 1st 5 and wont do cuts less than 12" so u got to think so they cut theremainder of the wood so the piece is 12"
double baffle is easy too sand corners, ne way if u want to drive to palm beach i will build a box for ya if u wanna watch
if u wanna tell me what u want i will build it and drop it off on 0ct 19th when i go up there for hhn for that weekend

TC2k15x2
09-19-2007, 12:02 AM
After all of this talk I guess ill just try to build my own. Can someone just help me come up with a design? Ill give all the info you need just ask questions :fro:

Immacomputer
09-19-2007, 12:04 AM
I would do it for you but I have to work in Ocala and you wouldn't be able to be there. I live in Orlando though.

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 12:05 AM
they usually charge 50 cents after 1st 5 and wont do cuts less than 12" so u got to think so they cut theremainder of the wood so the piece is 12"
double baffle is easy too sand corners, ne way if u want to drive to palm beach i will build a box for ya if u wanna watch
if u wanna tell me what u want i will build it and drop it off on 0ct 19th when i go up there for hhn for that weekend

how much were your hhn tickets? me and the gf wanna go.

me > you

IgnoreMe
09-19-2007, 12:09 AM
haha retarded idea.

i dare you to go talk to a manager and have them complain to the employee. i would love to see how much that employee that just got yelled at cares that your sides are .5" off here and .25" off there...

you think by having a manager ***** at them they are going to do it right to make you happy? go to a different home depot. and FYI maybe your buddies does it that way, but most HD's will charge .25c a cut after the first 2.

hemi=22s
09-19-2007, 12:14 AM
how much were your hhn tickets? me and the gf wanna go.

me > you

ur not allowed but ur gf can ***:suave:

hotel was 220 on site
50 each with annual pass for admission
65 each for express pass for hhn only no lines

hemi=22s
09-19-2007, 12:16 AM
haha retarded idea.

i dare you to go talk to a manager and have them complain to the employee. i would love to see how much that employee that just got yelled at cares that your sides are .5" off here and .25" off there...

you think by having a manager ***** at them they are going to do it right to make you happy? go to a different home depot. and FYI maybe your buddies does it that way, but most HD's will charge .25c a cut after the first 2.

u gotta find someone wit that stupid badge that can cut wood not ne one can do it by me 1st 5 free after dat 50 cent a pop

hemi=22s
09-19-2007, 12:17 AM
After all of this talk I guess ill just try to build my own. Can someone just help me come up with a design? Ill give all the info you need just ask questions :fro:

ill be glad to help u out just shoot me a pm im usually on from 630 to 930 while me girls in class

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 12:17 AM
ur not allowed but ur gf can ***:suave:

hotel was 220 on site
50 each with annual pass for admission
65 each for express pass for hhn only no lines

pay her way, shell go. dont count on a happy ending tho, she always comes home for that.

$65 off the website? http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/event_tickets.html

^^is that the no lines one?

IgnoreMe
09-19-2007, 12:31 AM
u gotta find someone wit that stupid badge that can cut wood not ne one can do it by me 1st 5 free after dat 50 cent a pop

you can find anyone in lumber to do it. if your HD's require a badge to cut wood...you should find a different HD like i said before.

or just go to lowes...i used to work there and made sure all my cuts for customers were as close to perfect as possible....

fakename
09-19-2007, 12:36 AM
if u got some weed i know someone who will build a box for you :)

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 12:39 AM
thats pretty bad when you get down to building boxes for weed

hemi=22s
09-19-2007, 12:42 AM

u click on the left side where it says halloween horror nghts express passes :nerd: they are seperate from the admission but u don't have to wait in the long lines so u can get everything done in one night worth the extra money when ur really drunk n u can laugh at all the people who are waiting in line for 2 hours to walk through a haunted house

hemi=22s
09-19-2007, 12:43 AM
u click on the left side where it says halloween horror nghts express passes :nerd: they are seperate from the admission but u don't have to wait in the long lines so u can get everything done in one night worth the extra money when ur really drunk n u can laugh at all the people who are waiting in line for 2 hours to walk through a haunted house

if i take her she wont come back

shawnfleming
09-19-2007, 12:43 AM
hey man, honestly if you want to drive up to gainesville to my shop, the next time I do a big system (usually do 3-4 a year, vary between $15,000-25,000 jobs), you can come up and watch. If that is something you are interested in.

fakename
09-19-2007, 12:44 AM

haha i get the express passes every year. its really not worth going without them because you wont be able to see all the houses.

IgnoreMe
09-19-2007, 12:45 AM
i see people say they will help build boxes for beer all the time...

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 12:47 AM

so its $35 ontop of the $65? its worth it to me to get it.

if i take her she wont come back

i doubt it. but if she didnt..tthhaannkk yyoouu :bowdown:

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 12:49 AM
hey man, honestly if you want to drive up to gainesville to my shop, the next time I do a big system (usually do 3-4 a year, vary between $15,000-25,000 jobs), you can come up and watch. If that is something you are interested in.

count me in.

i see people say they will help build boxes for beer all the time...

drinking and table saws..what could go wrong.

IgnoreMe
09-19-2007, 12:50 AM
count me in.

drinking and table saws..what could go wrong.
something worthy enough to go into the
"have you ever had..." thread lol

shawnfleming
09-19-2007, 12:54 AM
count me in.

If you are serious about it, thats cool, but there are some rules

1) no alcohol in my shop
2) only you come, no friends, relatives, ect, I have far too many tools, the vehicles I work on are either high dollar cars or customized show cars, so I dont need lots of ppl around where something can be broke scratched, ect.
3) act professional and not like a tool

Immacomputer
09-19-2007, 01:01 AM
What shop is it in Gainesville, Shawn?

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 01:07 AM
If you are serious about it, thats cool, but there are some rules

1) no alcohol in my shop
2) only you come, no friends, relatives, ect, I have far too many tools, the vehicles I work on are either high dollar cars or customized show cars, so I dont need lots of ppl around where something can be broke scratched, ect.
3) act professional and not like a tool

ohh yes. goes without saying in my book.

thanks!

shawnfleming
09-19-2007, 01:14 AM
What shop is it in Gainesville, Shawn?

Its my personal shop Motorsport Engineering, that I have on my dad's 10 acres out in Trenton. Thats where I built the yukon, the z06, the CLK55 AMG, and all of Pipos installs that i did. I put build logs of all those up here on CA.com.

Just finished up a sick SRT-8 Jeep! I will get pics of it up shortly.

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Its my personal shop Motorsport Engineering, that I have on my dad's 10 acres out in Trenton. Thats where I built the yukon, the z06, the CLK55 AMG, and all of Pipos installs that i did. I put build logs of all those up here on CA.com.

thats what i wanna see. you put up a teaser thread about it and ive been itchin to see it ever since. its your personal truck isnt it?

shawnfleming
09-19-2007, 01:22 AM
no it was a good friends truck. I did his yukon a few years ago with 4 MT 18's in a wall, 13 yellow tops, 2 Goliaths, 2 Jupiters, XXX mids, Kicker midranges, kicker tweets, pioneer tv, hifonics balanced line driver, ect ect.

billabongcr
09-19-2007, 01:23 AM
thats more money than ive made in the last 3 years combined.

hemi=22s
09-19-2007, 01:29 AM
so its $35 ontop of the $65? its worth it to me to get it.

i doubt it. but if she didnt..tthhaannkk yyoouu :bowdown:

depends on what night u go the price its 35 weekdays, more fridays and 60 w/o annual pass on saturdays (if u dont have annual pass burger king cup will save u a lot of money

hemi=22s
09-19-2007, 01:31 AM

interested in the pics of the jeep im picking one up very soon
u do glass work i assume ill build the box n pay u to glass it for me and glass the battery and amp rack i build