PDA

View Full Version : help with eagle vision headunit please

hasa68mustang
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I install alot of car audio in friends cars, and this one has me stumped. I got the factory unit out and went to put the new one in and discovered there wasnt enough mounting depth for it to go in. I was all for taking out whatever was in the way however it is part of the ac system I believe and was thick plastic that I didnt plan on cutting. The unit was a kenwood, and I guess my question would be are there any decks that are shorter that he could use? it needs to be about a half of an inch shorter Thanks, Tommy

starkfu
09-18-2007, 09:28 PM
are you using the chrysler kit? You can space it out a little from the kit with an ABS plastic piece cut to fit over the din opening in the kit.

azbass
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
what kinda car/truck? there are kits/spacers that will mount the radio farther out from the dash.

and what he said ^^

hasa68mustang
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
are you using the chrysler kit? You can space it out a little from the kit with an ABS plastic piece cut to fit over the din opening in the kit.

Ill have to see about doing that... but thats a huge piece of plastic to get a half an inch... its reall closer to 1/4" but I just wanna be sure, I dont want to pull everything apart and have to do it all over again... even though its a pretty easy install